SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

I want to replace the weapon sounds and possibly the zombie sounds but at the moment I have spent hours trying to get this to work and I assume its because of the mod.xml not set up but i have no clue what to write in it . It currently is this

<mod>

<property name="hunting_rifle_reload" value="#hr?hr" />

</mod>

the asset bundle name is hr and so is the .wav of the file to make it simple (if that even matters)

Can somebody help plz ?

I want to replace the weapon sounds and possibly the zombie sounds but at the moment I have spent hours trying to get this to work and I assume its because of the mod.xml not set up but i have no clue what to write in it . It currently is this

<mod>

<property name="hunting_rifle_reload" value="#hr?hr" />

</mod>

the asset bundle name is hr and so is the .wav of the file to make it simple (if that even matters)

Can somebody help plz ?

If you send me what you got atm....I'll take look at it

If you send me what you got atm....I'll take look at it

I just want to change the weapon sounds and possibly zombie sounds in anyway possible I have the resources folder with the .unity3d exported that has the sound in it but not sure what to put in mod.xml to get it to replace the hunting rifle reload.

It sounds like your mod structure is incorrect.

Your best bet is to take a look at some other SDX mods. This one might be a real good example for you:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?41125-(SDX)-Lucille

Since it has sounds.

Anyway, you're going to need to use the <set> command to change the sounds, but before that you're going to need to use the append command to create new sound entries in the sounds.xml file.

Most of this is done in the mod I pointed you to, so it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt.

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious is it possible to append to multiple xpaths using multiple delimiters:

<configs>
<config name="loot">
	<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id='4' or @id='8']">
		<item name="Lightbulb" count="1,5" />
	</append>
</config>
</configs>

I have tried the above and it replaces id="4" but not id="8"...

• 2 weeks later...
it does not work someone can help me?

You should give a bit more information.

Did you read the install instructions?

Did you See the tutorial Video in the tutorials section?

When does it stops working?

Got an error displayed?

Ok after a day of reading and watching videos I have learned some stuff but I'm still lost on somethings. I'm trying to change my True Survival xml Mod into a SDX mod. I installed SDX and successfully installed, started and played with the Sword mod. So I have SDX working right. I used the template for converting a xml only mod into a SDX mod. I made a separate file in the Config Folder for each xml my mod changes and formatted the xml files properly. I was able to use the SDX tool and "build" with no errors but when I go to start up the game i get errors. I believe my problem lies with the UI changes I have made. How do I make the xml files in the XUi Folder load for SDX? I tried just putting them with the others but that threw errors when building. So I tried

<configs>
<config name="XUi/controls">
<set xpath="/XUi/controls">

Thinking that would tell it where it goes. It will "build" but throws errors when starting a map up. Any one have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Also how do I add prefabs for SDX? Like Magolis Combo Pack. Do I just make another folder in the Config and do

<configs>
<config name="Prefabs">
<set xpath="/Prefabs">

and put the prefabs in it?

For your first problem, please lookup XPath (e. g. http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xpath_syntax.asp). This is essential when working with XML files. Take this as an example for the XUi/controls.xml:

<configs>
 <config name="XUi/controls">
   <set xpath="/controls/hud_stat_bar_left/rect/@width">268</set>

With that methode you can modify all XML files under ...\7 Days To Die\Data\Config.

I haven't added any prefabs. The way to go would be to describe all changes of the rwgmixer.xml and to copy all prefabs to ...\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs. This could work for your rwgmixer.xml:

<config name="rwgmixer">
 <set xpath="/rwgmixer">
   <world ruleset="vanilla" />
   [whole content of rwgmixer from Magolis Combo Pack without the root element]

Just try and compare the resulting rwgmixer.xml from your game folder with that of the Combo Pack.

Maybe someone can shed some light on how to copy payloads.?

Hi there, no matter how u tried. i still cant get it working, i mean the drawbridge. the other mods are working fine but cant figure out how to make the drawbridge and garage door working. i tried two different mods the error code are CS0016 could not write to output file and my game root. CS1501 No overload for method 'gamemessageclient' takes '2' arguments. pls help me i m a noob

Hi there, no matter how u tried. i still cant get it working, i mean the drawbridge. the other mods are working fine but cant figure out how to make the drawbridge and garage door working. i tried two different mods the error code are CS0016 could not write to output file and my game root. CS1501 No overload for method 'gamemessageclient' takes '2' arguments. pls help me i m a noob

nevermind i solved it :playful:

You have to take all your icons, SDX and from your other xml mods and put them in the first SDX mod selected when building. Place them in the SDX Icon folder in that SDX Mod Folder. Then rebuild it. The descriptions don't seem to work in SDX it doesn't read that file, or at lest I have not gotten any SDX mods descriptions to work. So you will have to manually copy and edit them into your Localization file. The game localization format is a little different from what they have in SDX but its easy to figure out by looking at the vanilla description.

You have to take all your icons, SDX and from your other xml mods and put them in the first SDX mod selected when building. Place them in the SDX Icon folder in that SDX Mod Folder. Then rebuild it. The descriptions don't seem to work in SDX it doesn't read that file, or at lest I have not gotten any SDX mods descriptions to work. So you will have to manually copy and edit them into your Localization file. The game localization format is a little different from what they have in SDX but its easy to figure out by looking at the vanilla description.

Thanks! That worked perfectly! Description is so so, as long as I have the icons in my inventory and can see what I am looking for instead of having to hover over everything until I find the right name. Thanks again!

The descriptions can be done with the english.txt!! Just write whateveryoulikeDesc in the description property line from the xml and in the english.txt whateveryoulikeDesc = your description then it will get in game as description.....

Unless I'm retarded(could be) this doesn't work. Ive tried about 25 SDX mods and not one of them works and no one i talk to that uses SDX can get them working either. Is there another step that is needed to get the descriptions to load?

Archived