SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

I saw a question posted the other day asking how to mod the Xui folder, I hadn't tested it then so didn't reply and now I cant find what thread it was in. Anyway here's the answer.

<config name="XUi/windows">
	<append xpath="/windows">
		New windows code here
	</append>
</config>

And an example on how to remove a window

<config name="XUi/windows">
	<remove xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowForgeInput']" />
</config>

Been chasing this answer for ages. You sir are brilliant thank you

Hi all, and thanks to everyone whose been so informative in this thread! I'm just looking at modding a server I have with Blue Fang Solutions and have hit a bit of a dead end.

Basically as a dedicated server I understand I need to amend the information in this settings file:

[settings]

GameDir = C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommon7 Days To Die

DedicatedServerDir = C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommon7 Days to Die Dedicated Server

GenerateContentIds = true

[Debug]

Debug = false

[server]

ServerURL = http://127.0.0.1:3000

edit: I now have this information (thanks Blue Fang).

I try to build with mods unchecked and get this:

Load SDXSettings from: E:\SDX_0.6.0\Settings.ini

EVENT: Begin task: Backup files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

ЌҐ®Ўа♥Ў®в♥♥♥®Ґ ЁбЄ«озҐ♥ЁҐ: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: ЌҐ г¤♥«®бм ♥♥©вЁ з♥бвм ЇгвЁ "E:\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll".

ў System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

ў System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

ў System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

ў System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

ў Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

ў Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

ў StringDecoderWorker..ctor(String assemblyPath, String outputPath)

ў SDX.Compiler.DeobfStringsTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)

ў SDX.Compiler.SDXCompiler.Compile(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

ў SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any solutions ?

I try to build with mods unchecked and get this:

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

ЌҐ®Ўа♥Ў®в♥♥♥®Ґ ЁбЄ«озҐ♥ЁҐ: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: ЌҐ г¤♥«®бм ♥♥©вЁ з♥бвм ЇгвЁ "E:\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll".

ў System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

ў System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

ў System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

ў Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

ў Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

ў StringDecoderWorker..ctor(String assemblyPath, String outputPath)

ў SDX.Compiler.DeobfStringsTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)

Any solutions ?

You did havethe 3 mods that came with the tool ticked yeh then build

Deos not help. It seems my SDX just dont want to backup any files. I dont know why.

Deleted backup from frontend application menu and tried to build agan and getting this:

Copy: E:\steamlibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config to E:\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\Data\Config

ЌҐ®Ўа♥Ў®в♥♥♥®Ґ ЁбЄ«озҐ♥ЁҐ: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: ЋвЄ♥§♥♥® ў ¤®бвгЇҐ Ї® ЇгвЁ "E:\steamlibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config".

ў System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

ў SDX.Compiler.BackupFilesTask.BackupFiles()

ў SDX.Compiler.BackupFilesTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)

You try it from vanilla or did you edit the files before first compile. Best to first verify your game Datas on steam and the compile also you should take a look tommorow the settings.ini from sdx and See if the game path fit to your game Directory.....

You should Start again new. Just unpack sdx to your pc ( not into the game directory!! )

Now verify your game Datas on steam. Take a look if the path in the settings.ini points to your game path, put the standart mods into your SdxMODs folder ( there also should be that payload and enabled mods file inside the SdxMods folder. Now first build without any mod selected. After doing that selected your mods and build again.... thats all. Couldn't tell you anything more about it.

You should Start again new. Just unpack sdx to your pc ( not into the game directory!! )

Now verify your game Datas on steam. Take a look if the path in the settings.ini points to your game path, put the standart mods into your SdxMODs folder ( there also should be that payload and enabled mods file inside the SdxMods folder. Now first build without any mod selected. After doing that selected your mods and build again.... thats all. Couldn't tell you anything more about it.

Did it several times. Nothing helps.

BTW when i press "Tools - > Delete backup" it says that backup directory deleted but nothing is really deleted. This directory and its contents are still there.

I'd like to make a super quick and very easy to add suggestion for the next time SDX gets updated...

Can we get a timestamp in the log when the program finishes it's building? Something like "Build finished at: XX:XX:XX". I know it seems silly, but I can't count the number of times I've been testing my mods, and forgotten if I'd compiled the most recent scripts. I know I could just build again, but a time stamp would definitely help figure out if that is really a necessity or not.

Thanks!

Just wanted to ask as I did not see it mentioned that I saw, is this compatible with a dedicated server I am renting but not running myself? Also, would anyone wanting to play on that server need to go through all the downloads and distribution xpacks etc to play as well? Thank you, sorry just wanted to know before I spent a lot of time on this as I run a community that would love to play a modded version but are not ones to be willing to do a lot of customization on their end. Thanks for you time.

Just wanted to ask as I did not see it mentioned that I saw, is this compatible with a dedicated server I am renting but not running myself? Also, would anyone wanting to play on that server need to go through all the downloads and distribution xpacks etc to play as well? Thank you, sorry just wanted to know before I spent a lot of time on this as I run a community that would love to play a modded version but are not ones to be willing to do a lot of customization on their end. Thanks for you time.

you can get it onto a dedicated server it is a bit of a process but has been done and explained in a few threads. Yes everyone would need to have sdx tool and all the mods as well as well as the same load order.

• 3 weeks later...

Blank Screen

After installing SDX just as the tutorial video shows, I first compiled it with no mods and then with the HeadBangers for life Mod. When I start the game, all I can see is the 7D2D cursor and a black screen. I have tried redoing it a couple times now. Any help would be much appreciated.

After installing SDX just as the tutorial video shows, I first compiled it with no mods and then with the HeadBangers for life Mod. When I start the game, all I can see is the 7D2D cursor and a black screen. I have tried redoing it a couple times now. Any help would be much appreciated.

first did you compile with the 3 mods that came with the sdx tool prior to adding headbangers. and secondly your issue be you need to play with eac turned off.

Archived