SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

Does anyone know how (if it's possible at all) you can add an attribute within an existing tag?

Or do you need to remove the entire tag and re-append/insert the modified version of the whole tag?

As an example .... -

change from this:

<lootcontainer id="15" count="0,2" size="4,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

to this:

<lootcontainer id="15" count="0,2" size="4,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate" destroy_on_close="true">

I just want to add " destroy_on_close="true" " to the existing lootcontainer tag.

Is that possible?

Thanks so much for any help you may be able to offer!

Just bumping this.

If anyone happens to have an answer - I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Just bumping this.

If anyone happens to have an answer - I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

try this:

<config name="loot">

<remove xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id=15]" />

<insertBefore xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer" >

<lootcontainer id="15" count="0,2" size="4,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item group="junk" prob="1" />

<item group="clothes" prob="0.19" />

<item group="rottenFood" prob="0.062" />

<item group="hazmatGear" count="1" prob="0.008" />

<item group="questChallenge" count="1" prob="0.0105" />

<item group="treasureMaps" count="1" prob="0.0105" />

<!-- total 2% for a quest thing -->

</lootcontainer>

</insertBefore>

</config>

</configs>

I have added my modded config file to sdx to make my configs the Vanilla for the tool. It has all my items and blocks inside now. In my mod I have one spawn point as I use Navz map and my players have to escape a prison cell. I have tried adding prefabs and worlds folders to the config. It read the folders when I hit revert but it will not load in my prefabs or my one spawn point. Is this possible to do?

I have added my modded config file to sdx to make my configs the Vanilla for the tool. It has all my items and blocks inside now. In my mod I have one spawn point as I use Navz map and my players have to escape a prison cell. I have tried adding prefabs and worlds folders to the config. It read the folders when I hit revert but it will not load in my prefabs or my one spawn point. Is this possible to do?

first sorry for the late reply.... but I asked first in our team chat, to ask if anybody was able to do this...

unfortanly not. As far as I know you could only work with the files in the Data/config folder. But you could put your modded files in, after first build without mods selected, sdx didn´t touch those files

try this:

<config name="loot">

<remove xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id=15]" />

<insertBefore xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer" >

<lootcontainer id="15" count="0,2" size="4,3" sound_open="UseActions/open_corpse" sound_close="UseActions/close_corpse" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item group="junk" prob="1" />

<item group="clothes" prob="0.19" />

<item group="rottenFood" prob="0.062" />

<item group="hazmatGear" count="1" prob="0.008" />

<item group="questChallenge" count="1" prob="0.0105" />

<item group="treasureMaps" count="1" prob="0.0105" />

<!-- total 2% for a quest thing -->

</lootcontainer>

</insertBefore>

</config>

</configs>

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing and I really don't want to -- somewhat because it's bulky and tedious, and a lot because every single time the game updates, I have to compare all of those blocks and everything in them to make sure other things didn't change with the update. It's a bit much, if it can be avoided.

Thank you for trying to help, though. :)

I just want to know if there is a way to touch the just the attribute within the tag with SDX?

If there's not - that's fine, I'll deal with it -- but, please someone just tell me, if you happen to know. I really appreciate it.

Which thread?

I've been having the same problem, only some of my mods load and the ones later in the load order don't have icons (until they sometimes do. *sometimes* ::sigh:: )

Made a sdx mod out of the mod this guy wanted..... as far as I know sdx loads only the icons out of the sdx mods folder. So you should make an sdx mod out of the mods you like..... only took about 15 min with testing if it works. ;)

Here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40683-SDX-mods-XML-Mod-Pack-custom-icon-support&p=425495#post425495

I admittedly skipped reading most of the thread, as it seems people have only problems with Unity/models/icons and so on, so I just ask right away: is there any documentation for the config .XML file? I ask because apparently my crude attempt at packing my mod (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40670-Scattered-supply-crates) wasn't correct. For some reason SDX doesn't seem to accept my XPath queries, as told by stallionsden. And regardless, I'm sure you have some more of good stuff to use, don't you?

Hi mate. I would advise you to check some of te example mods, some of them do a lot of XML changes. That combined with xpath online help should get you started. If you get across any specific doubt i'm around for all that's worth.

Other then that, i'm not aware of any sdx specific documentation

I admittedly skipped reading most of the thread, as it seems people have only problems with Unity/models/icons and so on, so I just ask right away: is there any documentation for the config .XML file? I ask because apparently my crude attempt at packing my mod (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40670-Scattered-supply-crates) wasn't correct. For some reason SDX doesn't seem to accept my XPath queries, as told by stallionsden. And regardless, I'm sure you have some more of good stuff to use, don't you?

Your attempt was great for being your first time. I wasnt having a go at you. But when i ran your mod in sdx6.0 it had errors saying could not find the part in the 3rd bit of your lootplaceholder code (sorry cant remember off top of me head )

I simply copied code from 12.5 in how that mod added stuff to the placeholders and used your line as the part and it worked. I am sorry if i came across weong i am new to adding sdx mods meself. Have learnt a fair bit tho from the sdx team and apart from the headaches i gave them lol i am getting there myself to.

I nyself have been looking for xpath paths that are allowed as well to help so i dont make errors again.

Oh, actually, I indeed made a mistake in a XPath query, rather a subtle one. Thanks for making me double-check it.

Now, when I tried to test my mod on a fresh copy of the game, I get this (minified link to Dropbox screenshot). What does it mean? Windows (10 x64) reported SDXC.exe has stopped working when I clicked Build.

Oh, actually, I indeed made a mistake in a XPath query, rather a subtle one. Thanks for making me double-check it.

Now, when I tried to test my mod on a fresh copy of the game, I get this (minified link to Dropbox screenshot). What does it mean? Windows (10 x64) reported SDXC.exe has stopped working when I clicked Build.

I saw your code. If you add it how i sent it to you in the message it works.i dont know myself if how you re-did it is the reason your getting the error. Maybe one of the more experienced sdx team could take a look.

Fixed, here is direct link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0ytq3y169ueqtt/Скриншот 2016-04-16 21.44.10.png?dl=0.

I believe this is it:

this might help you out Ringkeeper posted by the actual sdx creator to your issue -

Looks like the auto-backup failed or you have deleted files form the backup folder.

Check your "Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" folder in SDX and see if the Assembly-CSharp.dll is there.

If not:

1) Delete the backup folder.

2) Validate your game files in steam.

3) Try again.

Made a sdx mod out of the mod this guy wanted..... as far as I know sdx loads only the icons out of the sdx mods folder. So you should make an sdx mod out of the mods you like..... only took about 15 min with testing if it works.

Here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...495#post425495

That is exactly what I had already done. That's what's not working. the sdx mod. and it's not my code - every other thing about the mod loads just fine.

I've checked the names of the icons and the names of the items against each other 5000 times now, and I know that the Icons folder is named correctly because it uses the exact same template as every other sdx mod I've made. They're the right size (116x80), they're the right format (.png), they're in the proper folder, and they are all named to match exactly to the items/blocks they represent.

SDX is just not building the entire atlas. It's like it doesn't recognize the last 1 or 2 mods (their icons only) whenever I build.

I've deleted and cleaned and reinstalled everything at least 20 times now to make sure it wasn't leaving behind anything that was preventing it from building the atlas. I'm just lost.

It's not that I don't know how to make an sdx mod, I'm very familiar -- what I don't know is how to get ALL of the custom icons to work with this sdx. They just won't.

Okay, once again, right after I post - I figure the d***ed thing out.

sort of. maybe. ...possibly.

It's working for me, so...I don't know.

It's **either** that sdx does not want to load custom icons from mods that follow a mod which is disabled in the load order (so move all active mods above all inactive mods)

OR

It's that you just flat out have to start a new game; which I did -- and then just copied my "Players" and "Regions" folders over from my backed up save file into the new save folder.

I don't know. Something fixed it. I don't know why it keeps happening. I don't know why it only happens some times or with some things...but it does. Hopefully this might fix it in the future as well, though.

I apologize for the trouble. If it happens again and these things don't fix it, I'll get back to you. Appreciate all the help you guys offer and thanks for all the great work you all do!

Archived