SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

SDX crashes every time I try to run it with the following error...

Load SDXSettings from: C:\SDX_0.6.0\Settings.ini

EVENT: Begin task: Backup files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at StringDecoderWorker.FindStringLoaderMethod(ModuleDefinition modDef)

at StringDecoderWorker.Work(Assembly asm, ModuleDefinition modDef, String outputPath)

at SDX.Compiler.DeobfStringsTask.Execute(SDXCompiler compiler)

at SDX.Compiler.SDXCompiler.Compile(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Was working fine last night, no update to 7Days or anything...not sure what could be causing it.

I'm very confused on what is going wrong here. I followed the instructions, step by step. In order:

Put the SDX_0.6.0 folder on my desktop

Put the SDXmods folder into the game folder

Verified the integrity of the game stache

Didn't change the settings.ini because it was already as I needed it to be

Started the Frontend.exe tool. I first pressed "build" without any mods selected, then did "build" with the 3 things that came with it, like the core.

Closed the tool

Added my 2 mods I wanted, which were Guerilla Traps and Power Mod to the SDXmods folder

Started the tool, and did "build", including the new mods I added

Pressed "play".

After that failed, I tried launching 7DTD through Steam with no EAC, but same thing happened.

By doesn't work, I mean the mods I added aren't in effect. None of what I did changed the game, it's just regular vanilla with none of the mods.

*EDIT* I was messing with the configs for a different, non SDX mod. I found that the config was changed and contained things from the power mod. So even though it's in the config, it's not in the actual game

I'm very confused on what is going wrong here. I followed the instructions, step by step. In order:

Put the SDX_0.6.0 folder on my desktop

Put the SDXmods folder into the game folder

Verified the integrity of the game stache

Didn't change the settings.ini because it was already as I needed it to be

Started the Frontend.exe tool. I first pressed "build" without any mods selected, then did "build" with the 3 things that came with it, like the core.

Closed the tool

Added my 2 mods I wanted, which were Guerilla Traps and Power Mod to the SDXmods folder

Started the tool, and did "build", including the new mods I added

Pressed "play".

After that failed, I tried launching 7DTD through Steam with no EAC, but same thing happened.

By doesn't work, I mean the mods I added aren't in effect. None of what I did changed the game, it's just regular vanilla with none of the mods.

*EDIT* I was messing with the configs for a different, non SDX mod. I found that the config was changed and contained things from the power mod. So even though it's in the config, it's not in the actual game

ok first

- Remove sdx 6.0 folder from downloaded folder

- Then change settings to point to right folder

- Then verify integrity of game cache

- Then add sdxmods folder to game main directory

- Then run frontend.exe

- Tick the 3 boxes in the sdx tool and build

- Then you should see a back up folder in your sdx 6.0 folder with the vanilla files of the game

- I myself run the game.

- Then you can add mods you want.

Is the simple fix you mentioned:

open CoreMod.cs in SDX_Core/Scripts in notepad++ or something like that and change

the line starting with "GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient" with "GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient(EnumGameMe ssages.Chat, str, "", false, "", false);"

Or is it something else?

hey Stallionsden, so when i updated to 14.6, i recompiled and everything went smooth, no errors. but when i launch the game, it gets to the 7 days screen and where it says version at the top? theres nothing there, and it never leaves that screen? any suggestions

hey Stallionsden, so when i updated to 14.6, i recompiled and everything went smooth, no errors. but when i launch the game, it gets to the 7 days screen and where it says version at the top? theres nothing there, and it never leaves that screen? any suggestions

You need to delete the backup folder from sdx, verifiy your Game data....build first without mods to let sdx make a new backup from the 14.6 files. Then build with mods selected..... ;)

Btw keep in mind that some of the scripts needs to be edited... like you could Read a few posts before....

Is the simple fix you mentioned:

open CoreMod.cs in SDX_Core/Scripts in notepad++ or something like that and change

the line starting with "GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient" with "GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient(EnumGameMe ssages.Chat, str, "", false, "", false);"

Or is it something else?

I made that change in each of my installed mods, and things seem to be working for me now.

So here looking for some help. I'm new to SDX, just installed it a few hours ago. It's very handy and makes things easier to do but having some problems. 2 of them are specific to a particular mod but the other is generic, regardless of what mods are built with.

The most important fact is that I'm building off of the Valmod instead of vanilla. The problem is that icons from the mods\valmodicons\itemicons folder aren't loading into the game, so all the items added by the mod have no icon to represent them. Is there another folder I should put the icons instead of the regular spot?

So here looking for some help. I'm new to SDX, just installed it a few hours ago. It's very handy and makes things easier to do but having some problems. 2 of them are specific to a particular mod but the other is generic, regardless of what mods are built with.

The most important fact is that I'm building off of the Valmod instead of vanilla. The problem is that icons from the mods\valmodicons\itemicons folder aren't loading into the game, so all the items added by the mod have no icon to represent them. Is there another folder I should put the icons instead of the regular spot?

Add vals icons to a existing sdx mods icon folder. The sdx over rides them otherwise

Was looking around for one but can't seem to find it.

ok copy all of vals icons. open up one of your sdx mods that has a icon folder. Then paste them in there and it will work. Remember tho there seems to be a icon limit for the game to so some still may show blank if you go over that limit. you can then delete the mods folder (th one with vals icons in) that is in the main directory as well

Was the updated link posted? I have done everything instructed to me, including replacing the GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient with the correct code, but during the loading of a world, I get NullReferenceExceptions and the game stops working

From help:

if you want to run the tool on a dedi:

you have to fit the game path in the settings file, but you have to put your dedi path to the main game path

now you have to rename your 7DaystoDieServer_Data folder to 7DaystoDie_Data and the game.exe to 7DaystoDie.Exe, like in single player......

I kinda dont get this. Does it mean dedicated server path isnt working and i need to build it through client with renamed names? Or path is working, but i still need to change folder names? Or this is for older versions and all is working fine?

From help:

if you want to run the tool on a dedi:

you have to fit the game path in the settings file, but you have to put your dedi path to the main game path

now you have to rename your 7DaystoDieServer_Data folder to 7DaystoDie_Data and the game.exe to 7DaystoDie.Exe, like in single player......

I kinda dont get this. Does it mean dedicated server path isnt working and i need to build it through client with renamed names? Or path is working, but i still need to change folder names? Or this is for older versions and all is working fine?

That means that the current version has the data folder path and exe name hardcoded, so it will always look for 7DaystoDie_Data folder and 7Daystodie.exe. So if you wanna compile it on the dedicated server build only you will have to change it's names for compile to be possible.

You can keep the folder structure intact after the compilation if you prefer, as long as you adjust the path in setting.ini located in the Managed folder.

In short, it compile perfectly both with client and dedicated server builds, but the names (exe and folder) are, for now, harcoded. Hope that I could make any sense with all this rumbling :)

GameDir = G:\speles\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die

DedicatedServerDir = G:\speles\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server

So i need to change exe and data in server folder. Also does mods need to be copied in both versions or it is enough to be in client and they will be built in server too?

Im seeing in tutorial https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40450-SDX6-dedicated-server-please-help that server is built through client path and thats why im conserned about DedicatedServerDir path doing nothing.

GameDir = G:\speles\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die

DedicatedServerDir = G:\speles\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server

So i need to change exe and data in server folder. Also does mods need to be copied in both versions or it is enough to be in client and they will be built in server too?

Im seeing in tutorial https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40450-SDX6-dedicated-server-please-help that server is built through client path and thats why im conserned about DedicatedServerDir path doing nothing.

Right now, the dedicated server dir is not being used, as far as I know unfortunately. So you need to do the stuff I said. But the server does not need to be built over client, as long as you do what I said.

You just need to change the names, and use the server build for the compilation. I may do a small movie showing it, since explaining in words sometimes gets difficulty with english not being my native language.

Got it. That DedicatedServerDir really messed my mind. Functionality to build both in one go is golden in my eyes. I could even make this functionality if anyone gives source to this program.

Now i need to copy mods folder in both games and build twice and that doesnt please me.

My native language isnt english neither. Also thanks for fast help.

Archived