SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

(...)

Glad you sort it out... sort of... I hope you can pinpoint the problem so we can all avoid it in the future...

I take the oportunity to tease you guys with something me and Pacco will release today or tomorrow:

Forgive me the suttering, my machine can only handle that much, and having all the tools opened in the background didn't help (doh) :)

So unless I'm missing something drastic, this SDX system isn't fit for a true dedicated server.

1. It requires you to rename all the dedicated folders and game binary to look like the client game, which will break every single time SteamCMD updates the game. Some simple code to additionally assume to check the dedicated folders is all of 5 minutes of time.

2. The SDX launcher on the dedicated server tries to run the game without the -nographics and -dedicated switches which are critical.

If anyone has gotten this to run on a real dedicated server, please tell me how you did it. Otherwise this system is really only for single player and player-hosted game servers, NOT truly dedicated ones.

So unless I'm missing something drastic, this SDX system isn't fit for a true dedicated server.

1. It requires you to rename all the dedicated folders and game binary to look like the client game, which will break every single time SteamCMD updates the game. Some simple code to additionally assume to check the dedicated folders is all of 5 minutes of time.

2. The SDX launcher on the dedicated server tries to run the game without the -nographics and -dedicated switches which are critical.

If anyone has gotten this to run on a real dedicated server, please tell me how you did it. Otherwise this system is really only for single player and player-hosted game servers, NOT truly dedicated ones.

I have it running of a dedicated server, but yea, right now there's no transparent way to do it, since it requires some renaming and batch editing. The proccess algo is much easier if you have full access to the server then if you only have ftp access.

As for updates, considering the nature of modded server, I usually disable automatic updates anyway, since I first do a test run and then update the dedi.

I can try to prepare a small guide for it, if DOM doesn't release a way around it.

Okay, after some tinkering I kinda worked around the crashes, now I gotta ask if I need to disable-enable the mod if I change it after building the thing into the game? Or just building it is sufficient?

What i do is revert to vanilla in sdx tool. Then close program add the mod and reopen the sdx tool. Scroll down and tick the new mod then build.

Check for any red messages after the tool has run its course by scrolling up thru the generated data inside the output in sdx. If none click run.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you sort it out... sort of... I hope you can pinpoint the problem so we can all avoid it in the future...

I take the oportunity to tease you guys with something me and Pacco will release today or tomorrow:

Forgive me the suttering, my machine can only handle that much, and having all the tools opened in the background didn't help (doh) :)

Once again dang nice stuff

Hey guys, thanks for the tool. And all the new info that's gone up since release has been great, but I've hit a road block with my latest mod! Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to write these scripts? Apart from looking at other peoples scripts I haven't been able to find any information on writing scripts for the game? I have a c# script that seems to do what I need in unity, but have no idea how to adapt it to work in the game.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a unity camera mounted inside a model that I want to leave disabled in the prefab then have the script activate it when the entity (class EntityDriveableCar) is activated, if left active this camera takes over from the player camera as soon as the entity is spawned so you cant control the players movement, I need it to take over as soon as the player enters the vehicle and shut back down again as soon as they exit. Any info on where to go from here would be a great help.

I'm running it on a Linux dedicated server. SteamCMD updates are no problem, as it is not done automatically. I have to manually run the update. Therefore if an update screws with SDX, I can wait until an updated SDX is released.

The SDX update for the server is a bit more tricky. As it is a Linux machine, I have to copy the Managed folder to a vanilla 7DTD version on a Windows machine. Then I run a fresh SDX installation on that folder, having it patch the DLLs, which I can then copy back to my Linux server (including the SDX folders and Config files).

Runs like a charm

I'm running it on a Linux dedicated server. SteamCMD updates are no problem, as it is not done automatically. I have to manually run the update. Therefore if an update screws with SDX, I can wait until an updated SDX is released.

The SDX update for the server is a bit more tricky. As it is a Linux machine, I have to copy the Managed folder to a vanilla 7DTD version on a Windows machine. Then I run a fresh SDX installation on that folder, having it patch the DLLs, which I can then copy back to my Linux server (including the SDX folders and Config files).

Runs like a charm

thanks for that :loyal:

I got past the "Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config' is denied." error by manually copying each file into the backup path as each error was thrown.

Well, I had the same issue, and I did point it to the game folder, and I too got past it by manual copy.

Question: what am I supposed to do to add a translation entry for a block? I have renamed my supplyCrate to cntSupplyCrate to comply with naming conventions, and now it bugs me whenever I meet my supply crate how it's addressed in the game.

sorry but I didn´t realy understand what you want....

if you want to change names, change them in notepad, for existing blocks in game there is no way to rename them as far as I know

and if you are talking about the ingame names and description, put them into the english.txt in the text folder

like: supplyCrate = cntSupplyCrate

suplycratedesc = a supply crate

you have to use the existing form in the xml´s

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="suplycratedesc " />

if you want to edit a existing name from a vanilla block

you have to delete him first and append him new, like:

<config name="blocks">

<remove xpath="/blocks/block[@name=stone]" />

<insertBefore xpath="/blocks/block" >

<block id="1" name="stone">

<property name="Material" value="stone" />

<property name="Shape" value="Terrain" />

<property name="Mesh" value="terrain" />

<property name="Texture" value="1" />

<property name="DropScale" value="2" />

<property name="LPHardnessScale" value="2" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="MiningMachineStone" />

<property name="Item" value="MiningMachineSet" />

<property name="ItemCount" value="1" />

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1" />

</property>

<property class="RepairItems">

<property name="cobblestones" value="6" />

</property>

<drop event="Harvest" name="rockSmall" count="13" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="12" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="2" />

<drop event="Fall" name="rockSmall" count="50" prob=".23" stick_chance="0" />

<drop event="Fall" name="scrapIron" count="4" prob=".23" stick_chance="0" />

<drop event="Fall" name="destroyedStone" count="1" prob="0.1" stick_chance="1" />

<!-- Better to have fewer stacks with higher numbers for performance reasons. -->

<!-- With a stick chance fallen resources just get buried and fall off the earth. -->

<!-- Could maybe do "0.1" stick but it would quickly make the whole endeavor unfun. Gazz -->

<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true" />

</block>

</insertBefore>

</config>

</configs>

hope this helps a bit....

why did you not point sdx to the right folder in the settings.ini /inside the sdx tool folder???

I believe I have. I should point out that since my previous post I've relocated 7d2d to C:

It didn't make any difference which drive it was on.

[settings]

GameDir = C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die

DedicatedServerDir = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server

GenerateContentIds = true

[Debug]

Debug = false

[serverURL]

ServerURL = http://127.0.0.1:3000

Try this: delete the backup folder from sdx (in the sdx tool folder, not the sdxmods!!!!)

Now make a backup of you xml's if you allready modded anything.....go to steam right click the game and under local data. You could verifiy your Game datas..... now if you did this, Open sdx and first build without any mod selected. If this works without errors Select the mods you want, and build again

Server question

Thanks for all information, but i still have some uncertainties.

When im usind SDX standart exe isnt launching game and i need use frontend Play button. Is is how its supposed to work?

Also if i want to use mods for my server does server launcher will be able to launch in this case?

Also if server is remote and i dont want to build mods there which files i should push there through FTP?

Also what requirements is needed for clients with SDX? Do they need to use it too with all my mods and build and launch through it? If so, then its a bit scary for average player. This also means rebuilding and reverting for different servers - with knowledge which mods are used in which server. I hope its not as bad as im thinking.

I want to start modding with this awesome tool but i can't even start a game without mods...

Which is weird since I followed the readme instructions exactly, I watched Pacco's tutorial video and I really don't see why it's not working for me.

I uploaded my error log: http://pastebin.com/ea8gUb4s

It says something about unable to load blocktextureatlases

I completely deleted my game folder and redownloaded the game, tried and the vanilla game works just fine.

Then I copied the SDXmods folder, edited the settings.ini to match my game path, then I opened the Frontend, build without mods then immediately pressed 'play' to test and the game shuts down after a matter of seconds.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Are you trying on sp or dedi. Are you using the dedi version of the game or the sp version

2016-04-19T23:11:55 0.195 INF Dedicated server only build

I dont know what this is - The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'wdwFocusHealthState') is missing!

When you downloaded sdx6.0 did you remove the folder sdx6.0 and place on your desktop or did you remove the whole sdx6.0 and tools folder and ran it from there. If you did you need to remove the sdx6.0 folder and follow the readme and run the sdx6.0 from there.

But I would say delete the back up folder located in the sdx6.0 folder. reinstall the game and start again

I want to start modding with this awesome tool but i can't even start a game without mods...

Which is weird since I followed the readme instructions exactly, I watched Pacco's tutorial video and I really don't see why it's not working for me.

I uploaded my error log: http://pastebin.com/ea8gUb4s

It says something about unable to load blocktextureatlases

I completely deleted my game folder and redownloaded the game, tried and the vanilla game works just fine.

Then I copied the SDXmods folder, edited the settings.ini to match my game path, then I opened the Frontend, build without mods then immediately pressed 'play' to test and the game shuts down after a matter of seconds.

Any help will be much appreciated!

After a very quick look, it seems you're compiling for dedi, and have paths messed up (setting.ini and startup batch file). Can you confirm you're working with dedicated build?

First of all thanks for your reactions.

Deleting the backup folder worked, the compiled client runs fine now.

After testing the client I compiled the server and it works fine too.

The thing is I tried compiling the dedi server first, since that didn't work I tried to compile the client then I got this error.

I probably should have deleted the backup folder when switching from dedi to server path in the settings.ini

I have a weird issue. I made a mod (pistol) with animations and everything but when I put in custom sound for fire it plays twice. The problem only occurs in multiplayer (non-dedicated, started from New Game). When I start the game and I'm the only one in the server everything is OK. As soon as someone joins, the sound bugs out and starts playing twice. If I use default ingame sounds (i.e. Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_fire) there is no problem. If I export default pistol sound from the game files and package it to unity3d package and load it from the package the sound glitches and plays twice if someone else is in the server with me.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Here are my cfgs:

<configs>
<config name="items">
	<append xpath="/items">
		<item id="" name="M12Nova">
			<property name="Meshfile" value="#M12Nova?M12Nova" />
			<property name="Material" value="metal" />
			<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />
			<property name="HoldType" value="1" />
			<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false" />
			<property name="SoundJammed" value="Weapons/weapon_jam" />
			<property name="Attachments" value="flashlight02" />
			<property class="Parts">
				<property name="Stock" value="partsPistol_grip" />
				<property name="Receiver" value="partsPistol_receiver" />
				<property name="Pump" value="partsPistol_parts" />
				<property name="Barrel" value="partsPistol_barrel" />
			</property>
			<property class="Action0">
				<!-- AttackAction -->
				<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />
				<property name="Delay" value="0.3" />
				<property name="Magazine_size" value="15" />
				<property name="Magazine_items" value="9mmBullet" />
				<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="1" />
				<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0" />
				<property name="Reload_time" value="2" />
				<property name="Bullet_icon" value="pistol" />
				<!-- <property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_fire" /> -->
				<property name="Sound_start" value="M12_Fire" />
				<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />
				<property name="Sound_end" value="" />
				<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />
				<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_reload" />
				<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash" />
				<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmoke" />
				<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6" />
				<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="3" />
				<property name="DamageBonus.plants" value="3" />
				<property name="DamageBonus.earth" value=".4" />
				<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
			</property>
			<property class="Action1">
				<!-- UseAction -->
				<property name="Class" value="Zoom" />
				<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="35" />
				<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="35" />
			</property>
			<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" />
			<!-- Start: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->
			<property name="ActivateObject" value="Attachments/flashlight/lightSource" />
			<property name="AttachmentFlashlight" value="flashlight02" />
			<!-- End: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->
			<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />
			<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Pistols" />
			<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing" />
		</item>
	</append>
</config>
<config name="recipes">
	<append xpath="/recipes">
		<recipe name="M12Nova" count="1" scrapable="True" craft_area="assembly">
			<ingredient name="flashlight02" count="0" />
			<ingredient name="partsPistol_parts" count="1" />
			<ingredient name="partsPistol_barrel" count="1" />
			<ingredient name="partsPistol_receiver" count="1" />
			<ingredient name="partsPistol_grip" count="1" />
		</recipe>
	</append>
</config>
<config name="sounds">
	<append xpath="/Sounds">
		<SoundDataNode name="M12_Fire">
			<AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire" />
			<NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network" />
			<Noise range="15" prio="1" time="1" heat_map_strength="0.3" heat_map_time="120" />
			<AudioClip ClipName="#PisSfx?M12Nova_fire" />
			<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1" />
			<CrouchNoiseScale name="1" />
			<NoiseScale name="1" />
			<MaxVoices name="6" />
			<MaxEntities name="30" />
			<MaxRepeatRate name="0.001" />
		</SoundDataNode>
	</append>
</config>
</configs>

Everything is OK with the cfgs, I think.

Archived