SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

Okay, ive done this multiple times, getting close to 10 times :)

Okay, i firstly completely remove 7dtd and start a clean install.

I then copy the "SDXMods" folder from "Folder_for_the_GameFolder" into the root folder of the game.

Then i edit the"GameDir" in the "settings" file in "SDX_0.6.0" to where i installed the game.

I then start the "frontend" executable from "SDX_0.6.0" which i have placed in the "steamapps/common" folder

WIthout adding or enabling any mods i hit "build" and let it complete.

From this point on, the game wont start. It does not matter if i hit "play" or start through steam "without EAC" or even run the 7daystodie.exe

Also, ive tried just continuing and making another build with the included mods installed. Didn't work either.

Okay, ive done this multiple times, getting close to 10 times :)

Okay, i firstly completely remove 7dtd and start a clean install.

I then copy the "SDXMods" folder from "Folder_for_the_GameFolder" into the root folder of the game.

Then i edit the"GameDir" in the "settings" file in "SDX_0.6.0" to where i installed the game.

I then start the "frontend" executable from "SDX_0.6.0" which i have placed in the "steamapps/common" folder

WIthout adding or enabling any mods i hit "build" and let it complete.

From this point on, the game wont start. It does not matter if i hit "play" or start through steam "without EAC" or even run the 7daystodie.exe

Also, ive tried just continuing and making another build with the included mods installed. Didn't work either.

ok in any of the above did you first after download remove the sdx6 folder from the downloaded folder so it was out of the original downloaded folder then from the seperated sdx 6 folder do all the above that you stated

I'm sure you guys did that, but there are different executables for eac and non eac. I dont usually use the steam no eac shortcut, i just start the correct executable for what i want. As i said, i'm sure you guys already tried that

How do you mean. I use to just run it from sdx but you cant take pics or use steam overlay. So i use steam and play with eac off

ok in any of the above did you first after download remove the sdx6 folder from the downloaded folder so it was out of the original downloaded folder then from the seperated sdx 6 folder do all the above that you stated

Im not sure what you mean. I did move the "SDX_0.6.0" out from the original download folder. As i said, i put it in "common" under "steamapps" But would that even have an effect if i didnt?

I'm sure you guys did that, but there are different executables for eac and non eac. I dont usually use the steam no eac shortcut, i just start the correct executable for what i want. As i said, i'm sure you guys already tried that

You mean running the game directly from "7daystodie.exe" ? I did that aswell, no difference.

I had a very long path to reach my SDX_0.6.0 folder before, after I moved it directly in c:\SDX_0.6.0, I was

finally able to make my proper alpha 14.5 backup folder, I also tried to use mods after this and it worked.

hopefully it will continue to work later and now I will only need to worry about compatibility between sdx mods.

Thank you for the help, hopefully I won't need it again.

Unfortunatly for me it seems its back to not working for me, once again with the same errors message even with the proper backup folder for alpha 14.5, 12 hours ago I was able to use my mods two time in a row but that was only for testing I didn't have time for an extended gameplay period. but now that I have time its back to not working, I probably won't be able to enjoy sdx mods untils I figured out how to make it work consistently.

I will have to continue to try to make it work, now that I have a complete alpha 14.5 backup, maybe I will manage to make it work from time to time.

I saw that in "FrontEnd.exe.config" it mention "<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/></startup>"

I have a Microsoft.NET Framework 4.6.1 installed and a Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack installed that I can't uninstall,

I tried to install Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 and it said I can't do that since I had a later version of Microsoft.NET Framework

Could this have anything to do with my problem?

The reason I have Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting pack is that soon after I wanted to try to use SDX_0.6.0 with mods I installed unity 5.3.3 because I thought I needed it, after I learned it was not necessary I decided to uninstall everything from windows control panel that was installed allong with unity 5.3.3, I only kept all the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable and wasn't able to uninstall Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting pack.

Did the latest experimental build break this tool? I can't seem to get any mods working with it after updating to the latest experimental. All mods worked fine in 14.5 though.

As stated quite a few times, the experimental release uses a new unity version. Because of that modders will have to update their assets at the very least. And I doubt any of them will do it before it's officially released by TFP.

Hi guys !

I've decided yesterday to rent a plugpayplay dedicated server. It is supposed to be fully compatible with modding. Actually, i'm forced to turn the EAC on to run the server, and i just read here that i have to turn it off to run SDX 0.6.0.

Any idea or just... ♥♥♥♥ me ?

Thanks!

Hi guys !

I've decided yesterday to rent a plugpayplay dedicated server. It is supposed to be fully compatible with modding. Actually, i'm forced to turn the EAC on to run the server, and i just read here that i have to turn it off to run SDX 0.6.0.

Any idea or just... ♥♥♥♥ me ?

Thanks!

Again, sdx is NOT EAC compatible! That's the price you pay for changing the dlls... SDX is NOT a simple modding tool, and it compiles OVER the original dlls, adding a few "modding" functions.

In about one hour or so, i'll post a thread about a husbandry mod i'm working at and anyone who wants may visit the test server this weekend... It's not very powerful, and I use it mostly for testing, but it's working. It will serve the purpose of showing you that SDX works on dedicated IF you are willing to accept the requirements...

IF you're not WILLING TO ACCEPT SDX REQUIREMENTS, mod your xmls there's a LOT you can do with only that.

Nah, i think u didn't get why i meant :)

I was just looking for a way to run my dedicated server without EAC in order to use SDX.

Anyway, forget about it, i've found a solution with their support, but i guess i'll be back soon because i'll need help to mod my dedi haha

Indeed :

when I try to build the 3 default mods :

Exception non g‚r‚e?: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver le fichier 'C:\Users\Alban\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0_Package\SDX_0.6.0_Package\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\DeobfStrings.dll'.

Nom du fichier?: 'C:\Users\Alban\Desktop\SDX_0.6.0_Package\SDX_0.6.0_Package\SDX_0.6.0\Backup\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\DeobfStrings.dll'

… System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

… System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

… System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

… System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

… Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

… Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

… SDX.Compiler.Patcher.Patch(String sourceFile, String destFile)

… SDX.Compiler.SDXCompiler.Compile(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

… SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Havn't found this dll to download it like i usually do when i miss one. Can somebody help me ?

Thank you

Nah, i think u didn't get why i meant :)

I was just looking for a way to run my dedicated server without EAC in order to use SDX.

Anyway, forget about it, i've found a solution with their support, but i guess i'll be back soon because i'll need help to mod my dedi haha

I'll be here to help you, i can even get you to share my desktop if needed... Just a bit tiresome sometimes, so I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, not my intention :)

Some mods will need a small update for 14.6, because most of us use a message function call that changed slightly. That includes the fundamental SDXCore, which I'll ask Dom or Matite to update asap.

The quick fix while the download link is not updated, is going to the Core script and replace the line starting with "GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient" with "GameManager.Instance.GameMessageClient(EnumGameMessages.Chat, str, "", false, "", false);"

That should suffice, but Matite will certainly update the OP with the fixed classes.

NOTE: Do NOT forget to DELETE your backup folder, and compile the mods over a fresh 14.6 install

Oh well, i didn't see that u had answered me. I've edited my last post to talk about my problem

Once we get this 14.6 stuff working, I'll give you a hand if still needed.

Archived