SDX 0.6.0 (April 2016)

Matite

Yes and no.

Some changes will need to be made to get SDX to build at all, right now these changes will need to be made manually in the SDXCore scripts:

public void LogToConsole(string str)
   {
       Debug.Log(str);
       if (GameManager.Instance != null)
       {
           EntityAlive entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
           GameManager.Instance.GameMessage(EnumGameMessages.Chat, str, entity);
       }
   }

Also, any mod using the popular method DisplayChatAreaText will need to updated to the following:

private void DisplayChatAreaText(string str, EntityAlive entity)
   {
       {
       }
   }

And all calls will need to have an entity appended to the calling line

or

private void DisplayChatAreaText(string str)
   {
       {
       }
   }

There are also some other method name changes, so doing this will NOT guarantee that your mod will build...but making the changes to the SDXCore script will get SDX to build properly.

There is still a Null Reference Error in any mod that uses sounds that will need to be worked out.

Hi Carlzilla,

Just been trying this and I can only find the line to edit in the script for CoreMod.cs

If I amend to:

{
       Debug.Log(str);
       {
       }
   }

I still cannot get the game to boot at all.

Is there another script that needs amending other than CoreMod.cs?

I'd have to check. I'm pretty sure that's all I needed to change to get SDX with no other mods working.

If you're also loading other mods, you'll need to wait for them to update if they do not work in A15.

EDIT:

I checked and the changes still work for me. SDX builds with no problems in A15(b83) and the game loads and plays with these changes.

Keep in mind that MOST mods are not going to work though, as method names have been changed, arguments have been added or removed so that some calls are no longer correct, etc. I know that many SDX authors aren't even going to attempt to update until the first stable build is released. I'm one of the few people on the SDX team that have worked with SDX in a15 at this point...the rest are waiting because things can change quite drastically code wise between this preview build and the release build. So even though it appears that SDX is pretty much compatible with A15 (there's still an issue of a Null Reference Error relating to sounds and we're not exactly sure why yet), and that's great news, most old mods are not. My Duffel Bag mod seems to work, but very few of my other mods do...some XML only mods that were converted to SDX for easy of use for SDX users MAY work, but there's also been TONS of XML changes between a14.7 and a15, so even that's a crapshoot at this point.

2ND EDIT:

Also remember that you're going to have to delete your SDX backup folder and recreate it. Just making the changes and hitting build after updating to a15 isn't going to work, changes or not.

So I'm working on updating a few mods but here is an interesting issue.

Icons no longer seem to work as they did before - anyone know a fix for that?

Any way you could save us some time and post what SDX mods you get to work on A15 or what ones you cant. Ill try messing with it tonight also.

Hey guys,

I've been working on updating SDX. Not sure if it will be ready before A15 as there are still a few changes that I need to finish up.

I've already fixed a few of the critical bugs, I still need to test a few more mods to find the other problems.

Hey guys, i have some problems after to have installed SDX 0.6.0. (Log Errors, i'm not able to take loot from zombie's bodies etc. etc.? Probably doesn't SDX 0.6.0. works on the latest unstable version of the game ALPHA 15 (b94)??

- Thanks in advance for the attention and excuse me for my bad english

• 2 weeks later...

SDX .dll edit

Yes and no.

Some changes will need to be made to get SDX to build at all, right now these changes will need to be made manually in the SDXCore scripts:

{
       Debug.Log(str);
       {
       }
   }

Also, any mod using the popular method DisplayChatAreaText will need to updated to the following:

private void DisplayChatAreaText(string str, EntityAlive entity)
   {
       {
       }
   }

And all calls will need to have an entity appended to the calling line

or

private void DisplayChatAreaText(string str)
   {
       {
       }
   }

There are also some other method name changes, so doing this will NOT guarantee that your mod will build...but making the changes to the SDXCore script will get SDX to build properly.

There is still a Null Reference Error in any mod that uses sounds that will need to be worked out.

Tried editing but can't work this one out... Any chance you could post an indepth how-to for editing the files (for total beginners such as me), or sharing the edited files so we can drop them in and get modding)?

Huge thanks!

Not trying to be an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, but no. What I posted is as basic as it gets, and I'm sure this is going to come off harsher than I intend it to, but if you don't understand how to work with what is there (which won't be needed once Domonix updates SDX anyway) you probably shouldn't be mucking around in the scripts.

Get where you're coming from, but yea i do think that's a bit harsh... Just trying to learn! :(

But fair enough; i've just amended the data files directly, and bypassed the SDX module (the mods i want to make are very simple number changes) until the SDX update is out. Cheers for the reply though. :)

I understand trying to learn, we've all been there. Sorry it came off as harsh (I knew it would, but it wasn't my intention).

The good news is that Dom is working on a real nice looking update to SDX, and he's opening up the game patching scripts, which means, at least in theory, that we'll never have to wait for a program update again. We'll be able to post new script files as soon as we figure out what (if anything) needs to be changed.

Bam. Great news. I know via HAL there were some glorious mods that were single player only; do we know if any of these will be modded to multiplayer?

Honestly, with no way to test MP mods for me, and no interest in playing multiplayer myself, I can almost guarantee that if my mods don't "just work" in MP that I will do next to nothing to get them to work.

Archived