True Survival

Spider

What are you talking about here? No one has been able to reproduce that bug and as far as I know hasn't been fixed or confirmed. What timer reset reference are you talking about and in what patch was it listed?

I am a mirror. Speak to me as you wish to be spoke to. I have no problem talking sass if that's how you prefer to communicate but dont get upset when people respond to you in kind.

I apologise if my original post came with attitude. It was late, I'd been playing for nearly 24hrs. I even edited it to make it less 'attitudy'.

Sass. Who says that?! haha

Look, I try to help people on here when you're not around. And All you see in written text, is interpreted inside the readers head. Not the writers.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Mcbovril

- - - Updated - - -

chill out guys xD

problem with text messages is we don't know how the sound tone of the people that write the text when they were saying what they write.

one might mean it as a joke or mild intention, but other might miss-interpret it as a harsh intention/word. xd

i encounter this a lot, so please remember that this kind of miss-communication do exist among us more frequently than we might realize xD

What he said. :)

Well, I really like this mod.....but with all the null reference exceptions it's not really playable.... Just got my second one as a wandering horde arrived. Of course with the console popping up repeatedly I died. Now a second very large section of my map is unable to be entered because of the error.

I used the launcher to install and haven't changed anything. What is causing these? And can I fix them?

This may be the same error. It seems to go north and east of the original location for a long long way. So far over 500 blocks west, not sure how far north.

If seeing my output log would help and someone can tell me where to find it I'd be glad to post it. I really don't want to give up on this mod.

If you are using the mod launcher, which I'm going to assume you are, the log output is in the install directory(which you can see in the launcher when you click on True Survival). Navigate to that on you computer and then open the '7DaysToDie_Data' folder. Your output log is in there.

Ok, I goofed my farming quest.

Finished processing chrysanthemum(with a full bag), realized immediately but even when I emptied my bag I still could not locate the recipe reward on the ground.

I'm sure you told me that even if your bag was full now(since update), you would still be able to craft the next recipe without the token unlock, it was just there to help you keep track of unlocked recipes?

The next is carrot for me but I am still unable to craft them.

Your help would be appreciated.

@Spider

Howdy. I didn't notice this earlier but the blast furnace is also missing the tools module (in both blocks and xui xml).

As for the earlier mentioned chainsaw issue, I was hoping to pick your brain on this one. I don't know how to resolve the issue myself.

When you find a whole chainsaw (via the airdropMechanic box) the smallengine(receiver) inside is level 0. This causes an endless error loop once you try to modify the device. It looks like it's not generating any stats for the smallengine. Any thoughts on this one?

Since your chainsaw gun mechanic works fine normally (and was a very clever and neat idea by the way), I was thinking of replacing the chainsaw in the loot table with the parts.

Cheers

Update:

*Should be save game safe

-Fixed Fast Travel road buff

-Lowered Fertilizer craft amount for farming quest to 250

-Fixed Biomass weight

-Fixed Stimulant giving Sewing Needle

-Fixed Honey as Ointment

-Fixed Sledge Hammer Head crafting skill

-Fixed Sledge Hammer damage to gore

-Fixed Claiming your Sh#$ recipe

-Fixed Engine Error

-Fixed Carrot growing models

-Fixed Poured Concrete Drying

-Made smoking a Joint to also remove the Pain debuff along with the Painkillers

-Removed un needed Bridge Perk

-Fixed Tool windows in Workbench and Blast Furness

-Few more things I forgot

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

ip : 172.96.166.18

port : 24565

password : spider

*Current players please make sure your files are current before logging in.

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

@wolverine576-

You need to stay in the forge while its finishing to have it go off your skill and give xp also. I decreased the craft time in this update so its like the others also.

I was staring at the forge as they crafted. only gained 1 quality per craft. Its the only item that increases 1 quality per item that i noticed

@Spider

Just a small one today; in the progression.xml the fieldKnifeCraft uses the same name and description as huntingKnifeCraft.

This makes them both appear as Hunting Knife in the Skills menu.

Here's another idea that my crew and I are playing with; herab laxatives (zincpowder, dates, chrysanthemumplant, forestflower), laxatives (mixedchemicals, dates) both locked under professions and craftable under the mortarAndPestle.

Creates a turd and a buff similar to the blooddraw kit (to prevent turd creation spamming) with negative effects and a lovely fart noise.

These give dates a purpose and provide another source of turd for fertilize/methane.

Cheers

Two quick minor things:

-I've encountered the spitter zombie a few times and each time he damn near cleared the entire area of trees because of his acid vomit, maybe a slight reduction in block damage from his acid would be in order?

-Been getting some OP loot from bandits, high-end melee weapons, land mines, etc, given how easy bandits can be to dispatch I feel cheap using this loot.

Edited by Xamllew (see edit history)

Hi, im not sure if im missing something or doing things too fast. I collected 1000 planks and got skill thing. Recipe for planks seems unlocked but i cant craft them in inventory or crafting bench. I found circular saw but in crafting bench there are no tool slots - are they unlocked somehow or is it different workstation?

no, building quest usually consist on 3 task:

1. collect 1000 resources

2. craft 100 frames

3. upgrade 100 frames

only after u complete those 3 task that u're able to craft the resources and other bonus things.

as per your question just now, which is wood quest, you still just complete your first task, which unlock the recipe to craft the basic frame only.

after you complete your 2nd task, you'll be able to craft other type of wood frames.

after you complete your last task, then you'll be able to craft the planks from wood log. you can craft it either from hand, or from workbench without needing any additional tool. (crafting from workbench have faster crafting time)

@wolverine576-

It works if you stay in it. I tested it and its functioning correctly

@ MasterFuji-

Thats just gross lol. Na but I had a system made that allowed the player to poop every so often and pop a lot if you had dysentery. But instead I just changed the "Human Turd" to just a "Turd" and now you can also loot it in birds nest so there is no shortage of turds laying around.

@Xamllew-

Trees do not have much XP and Spitters are supposed to do a lot of block damage. Kill them and they will stop spitting.

I lowered Bandit loot in this update

@zawi19-

You can craft planks on the player and on the workbench with a saw

Hi Spider, IIRC you nerfed shotgun Bandits aim, but did you also fot SMG's bandits ? Cauqe two I got my face smashed and losing 60HP within 1 or 2 second, even when riding a bike. To my opinion, they're a bit overpowered.

Edit : to everyone, to cure bio infection with honey, use it from belt with a left mouse click. Using the menu command "Use" won't result in any healing. Spider, thanks for that update that was really missing.

Edited by pinedepin (see edit history)

This seems to be a re-occuring issue for some people. I do not believe it's the mod that is causing the problem, but the mod could be heavier than the system normally runs, so the problem occurs.

All I can advise you is to update your video drivers, and maybe your motherboard drivers as well.

True survival is update a file

I came to not be able to do that.

Help me

https://pastebin.com/esUbDxn0

https://pastebin.com/XJCLM67M

So here is some early game feedback:

This mod is hard. I used to think I'm a badass veteran but now I have to play with cheats on, at least while I'm learning the new stuff. But I can't point out what is the hardest thing, what to nerf. All the systems are good on their own, but they build up and eventually one thing or another finds a weak spot in your game.

Actually I can suggest to give the starting players the 'healthy diet', like it is mentioned on the front page. In fact we get 'balanced diet' and it took me some days on kebab menu to get to healthy. The added run speed and health regen can greatly benefit a starting player when he is most vulnarable. And add the 'speed buff' to the 'healthy diet' description on the front page.

Speakin of food, I think kebabs are too powerful. With only meat and corn I don't really feel the need to unlock any advanced cooking. They don't even need a cooking gear. I don't know how it is on the server, but in my SP game I hunt only boars and have more meat than I can eat. I just unlocked 'bacon and eggs', and I have some pork belly, but I don't want to cook it because kebab is so much better.

Personally I like the A15 food system better. I suggest you make us combine 3 or 4 serving types (protein, grain, veggies and fruit) to gain nutrition buff. And special animal parts (like pork belly) should be very valuable.

So yeah, lets make the starting player have the 'healthy diet' buff, but make him work hard to keep it.

Farming. I see we don't need to protect our farms from zombies and animals anymore. Nor do we need to provide water. That's a step back, but I guess it was SDX thing. The farming and cooking quests are great, I enjoy them. Though I could not yet find 'blue spruce' trees (only pine snowforests), so had to use 'creative menu' to get them. And the next step was to craft a hoe, which needed forged iron. I'm not sure is it intended to gate the farming until lvl 25. If it is not intended, maybe replace 'craft' with 'get'? Because I managed to find three hoes before I could finally craft it. Or change the recipe to not requre forged iron. In my game I was lucky to find a corn field and hoes, so I started growing corn long before I unlocked corn seed through the quest. And for some reason half of my potatoes are not growing, idk why. Also you said you adjusted grow cycles longer, but it still seems very short (3 days?).

I also have the null reference thing near a particular POI (a trader is close to it so I cannot access him too). Also every second time I start the game it freezes at 'Creating player', but I restart the game and can play. Must be vanilla.

In A15 my major butthurt was the initial GrainAlcohol gating (until you changed the recipe). It prevented us from curing poisoning and making sanitized bandages. Now here we need to grind cooking to lvl 60! (or start with a cook or bouncer profession). I don't agree here.

And why is there two Alcohol recipes (with and without cornmeal)? Only Jesus could convert water to GrainAlcohol as far as I remember. And the GrainAlcohol description mentions campfire, I think it need correction. Also I suspect wood frame description is wrong too.

I tested the treasure hunter perk and it doesn't seem to work.

Can we craft the gunpowder faster? With the amount we need and the necessity to stare into the Chemstation it gets boring soon.

In A15 I hated the puking zeds with a passion, and now you cannot dodge their pukes??? Why, Spider?

There are two types of iron axe, but I can't seem to find the skill to craft the second one. Is it exclusively for Firemen?

And the most negative thing is the RWG terrain. I thought it was TFP fault, but Darkstardragon told me it was your creation. The Mountains are simply ugly to my taste, and pretty much unpassable. I can hardly make myself play the game just because of the terrain.

The grind is back, but for some reason I don't hate it that much. Maybe even enjoing it secretely :) The way you upgrade a wooden club (with iron and later with nails) feels authentic.

This is it so far, I'm pretty early in the game, about lvl 30. I'm not sure if my feedback is compromized with me playing with cheats. And my base is underground. I can't design a base above ground that would hold against a wandering horde. I wonder how are other people playing?

is there a diff file cuz everytime i try t use this on

is there a diff files cuz everytime i try to use these on the launcher it copies the whole thing over to my actual launcher and spams me with a eac server hydra if I turn it off it just freezes n fails to respond o both launchers :/ n I have to delete the whole thing n restart n transfer the stuff like a gajillion times :/

In A15 I hated the puking zeds with a passion, and now you cannot dodge their pukes??? Why, Spider?

i find it the best way to engage a puking zeds (if you decide to kill it of course) is to immediately run approaching him, engage in melee. if its starting it's puking animation, immediately run behind it from close range. you even got a bonus of a few seconds to carefully target its head from behind while its finishing its puking animation. just be ready to run if it suddenly run towards you, since its gonna suicide bomb itself.

....And my base is underground. I can't design a base above ground that would hold against a wandering horde. I wonder how are other people

playing?

as for me, i pick a building with high floor, make base at the highest floor and make sure it's enclosed so when a wandering horde passing by, it won't see or hear me. i also make a couple 2 blocks high hole in the walls at ground floor below just when the wandering horde come, they can just passing by peacefully, since they will break anything that is obstructing their path. but if there's a passable way on their walking path, they didn't see me or hear me, then they will just go away without making a fuss, and i'm peacefully crafting upstairs. this works even until the day reach hundreds in MP.

I also have the null reference thing near a particular POI (a trader is close to it so I cannot access him too). Also every second time I start the game it freezes at 'Creating player', but I restart the game and can play.

exact same thing here, not getting to go to the trader is problematic lol

Hi Spider, IIRC you nerfed shotgun Bandits aim, but did you also fot SMG's bandits ? Cauqe two I got my face smashed and losing 60HP within 1 or 2 second, even when riding a bike. To my opinion, they're a bit overpowered.

Edit : to everyone, to cure bio infection with honey, use it from belt with a left mouse click. Using the menu command "Use" won't result in any healing. Spider, thanks for that update that was really missing.

Dont go near wasteland or burnt forest biomes with low hp. The bandits are balanced quite nicely atm.

You have a problem with your lockpick gun, it scrolls console errors if you even touch it. I had got one in a supply drop. I had really wanted to give this mod a try. I made it nearly a game week but finding too many issues to enjoy it. Plus the "cop" zombies in the first week is just too much. No chance of killing and it is making tons of holes in the ground. A lot of stuff I found interesting but some is just too hard to be fun. Also trying to loot a tractor means more NRE and trying to wrench it makes it will blow up.