True Survival

Spider

mercy setting

Love this Mod a lot!!

I am ready to host a server and test it out with some friends, but I dun think we are experienced enough to survive well.

Is there a way to change the Dead is Dead setting to a floor wellness of 10? So that I do not need to reset the save for my friends

@caatalyst-

I went to reset you this morning but you failed to post the requested and needed information I asked for. Without your Steam ID I can not reset you and do not have time before work to go searching for the information I asked you to post. Please post your Steam ID like requested if you want your player reset . Thank you.

Did you make sure its 16.2 and not 16.3?

Yes, I did reset the game off the fresh download to 16.2

(Still stuck on "Creating Character...." and can not play)

The only thing I noticed that did not follow directions......

It says to UN-check 'Use EAC' then click play.

'Use EAC' already did NOT have a check in it's box, I did not add one because it says to UN-check it.

I'm guessing at one point it started checked, otherwise you'd just say "don't check this box"

Edited by Rouge (see edit history)

Yes, I did reset the game off the fresh download to 16.2

(Still stuck on "Creating Character...." and can not play)

The only thing I noticed that did not follow directions......

It says to UN-check 'Use EAC' then click play.

'Use EAC' already did NOT have a check in it's box, I did not add one because it says to UN-check it.

I'm guessing at one point it started checked, otherwise you'd just say "don't check this box"

You could run the vanilla game options and uncheck eac there if its checked then run the launcher. Make sure there are no other loose files from other mods after uninstalling and reinstalling 7dtd for 16.2. The game doesnt like changing versions sometimes, i just uninstall, make sure the game folder is deleted in steam/steamapps/common, then reinstall.

You could run the vanilla game options and uncheck eac there if its checked then run the launcher. Make sure there are no other loose files from other mods after uninstalling and reinstalling 7dtd for 16.2. The game doesnt like changing versions sometimes, i just uninstall, make sure the game folder is deleted in steam/steamapps/common, then reinstall.

Yeah, did that it's a complete fresh download reverted to 16.2

And as I said before, 'Use EAC' was NOT checked when I loaded the mod launcher.

(Was just noting that even though it was NOT checked the directions say to UN-check it)

Do I have to go into 16.3 and then exit before reverting to 16.2?

Edit: on a hunch I just verified files, everything was fine, no files to be replaced.

Edited by Rouge (see edit history)

Scraping food into serving doesn't yield consistent result.

e.g 100 stack cereal = 75 grain servings yet 1 cereal by itself = 1 serving

50 fruits = 37 fruit servings yet 1 fruit = 1 fruit serving

100 oatmeal = 99 grain servings. always get one less, 5 stack yield 4, 10 stack yield 9

5 brain matters = 1 protein servings but 10 brain matter also = 1 protein serving

3 eggs = 1 protein serving but if scraping 6 egg, only 5 eggs are consumed and also yield 1 protein serving

The explanation for this is that individually these items scrap at a percentage of a whole serving. When you scrap many, those percentages are added and you get whatever that is, rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, Brain Matter scraps at .1 of a serving, so you need 5 of them to achieve at .5, which is then rounded up to 1 serving. When you scrap 10 Brain Matter, you have 10 of them at .1 which would also be 1 serving. The game prohibits scrapping amounts that would not at least give you 1 of a resource, which is why you need 5 Brain Matter to even try to scrap them.

So it is most efficient to scrap items at the lowest amount necessary to achieve 1 serving, thus utilizing the rounding up as much as possible.

Edited by Deven (see edit history)

Starting new server. Fresh install. Deleted all files first, installed vanilla from steam cmd, then dropped in True survival, getting this spamming the log. EAC not enabled

2017-09-20 18:09:19 MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<ClientInfo>.HandleClientUpdates'.

@ 2chops-

That is a vanilla game mechanic, all scraping works that way. Scraping in the players inventory will turn 75% of the weight of the item into scrape material but round to a whole number. If you "smelt"(also a forum of scraping) a item in a forge it will make 100% of the weight of the item into scrap material units for use in the forge. Some items take more than 1 item to scrap because they have a weight that is less than the scrap item they will scrap into. You can scrap foods in the Food Prep Table

@ Parker-

You can loot nails or break wooden frames to get them. If you break wooden frames with a Claw Hammer you will get more nails and planks.

@wolverine576-

Hi wolvy its been a while, good to see you. If you get your server running let me know the log in info if you can. I prefer playing without admin powers and would like a server to just play on if you are letting other on.

Starting new server. Fresh install. Deleted all files first, installed vanilla from steam cmd, then dropped in True survival, getting this spamming the log. EAC not enabled

2017-09-20 18:09:19 MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<ClientInfo>.HandleClientUpdates'.

I Installed 16.2 via steam cmd using this code:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\7d2d +app_update 294420 -beta alpha16.2 -validate +quit

The Dead Shall Rise 68.38.225.121:26900

No password.

I Installed 16.2 via steam cmd using this code:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\7d2d +app_update 294420 -beta alpha16.2 -validate +quit

The Dead Shall Rise 68.38.225.121:26900

No password.

Thank you for the server to test some stuff...... the game gets past 'Creating character...' when I join your server and I get in game.

However I get the same repeated spammed message on the console, which prevents me from closing the console making the game unplayable.

'MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<Cl ientInfo>.HandleClientUpdates'

going to do some more experimentation, I see your server has made it to day 2. Going to log back in and see if I can close that damn console.

(recap for everyone: When I try to play single player I can't get past 'Creating character...', but aparently I can get in game on a server.)

From the top +research!!!

I've installed the 7D2D Mod Launcher

Fresh reinstall of the 7 Days to Die game

Following the directions given at the beginning of this thread (ie reverting to 16.2)

When I try and create a single player game it gets stuck at "Creating character...."

Meanwhile the console is spamming the below text over and over again

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<Cl ientInfo>.HandleClientUpdates

When I try and join a server (ie The Dead Shall Rise 68.38.225.121:26900 posted by Wolverine576)

I get past 'Creating character...' and into the game, however the above spam on the console prevents

me from closing the console making the game unplayable.

Options -> Controls says the console button is F1, but it doesn't close the console

When I play normally without the mod, my game gives me console text until I get in game and I can usually close the console at that point and just play. I believe because the mod is spamming the console is why I can't close it.

I doubt it's my computer

PC Specs: EDI 2014

i7 4790K

32GB Ram

GTX 970

Windows 10 Pro

Update: I tried to install manually, but ended up with a black screen that would not do anything

In trying this I found another 'launcher' that had Use EAC enabled, unchecking that box as default

did NOT fix the EAC spam to the console. Went back to using the mod launcher and still had the spam.

And still got stuck at 'Creating character...'

Update 2: got it to work, see post below

Edited by Rouge
Added the update (see edit history)

Okay, excuse me for venting here but I'm a little frustrated with this mod, I'm going to be a little critical. I finally got around to putting some hours into a save on the latest version, previously I was really enjoying the A15 version of True Survival, what I'm playing now feels like a far more difficult version of that mod. Enemies feel more tanky, lots of daytime runners and soldier zombies, boars are common and a death sentence for anyone without a ranged weapon, the 'dead-is-dead' feature is really harsh, I used to die a LOT back in my A15 save, I think I had above 30 deaths before day 40. I'm down to 35 wellness on day 3 I actually had to cheat some vitamins in because I didn't want to lose my character.

Honestly this mod is brilliant however I wish the permadeath feature was something I could opt-out of, I really much prefer not having to worry about losing hard-earned skills because I wasn't quite cautious enough of my surroundings at all times.

Edited by Xamllew (see edit history)

Hi Xamllew, yes the mod is much harder than in A15 and permadeath can be fustrating at first sight, but it is also a good way to teach people to be extremely careful of the surrounding, to keep some stamina at all times to able to flee, to organize your belt to answer any urgency, etc... Yes, at first, the mod can seem more fustrating but if you handle those few hours of learning, I can ensure you the mod is even more rewarding than in A15 😉 Keep working and you'll have the best fun you ever had on 7D2D

Edit : I had myself 2 or 3 resets before handling correctly the mod, don't stress about starting again a new character, cheating through vitamins is a bit game breaking, I'm sure you feel the same 😉 People on the official server are quite friendly, they won't bother you and many will also give you good advice. Good hunting, Stalker ! Oups, wrong game...

Edited by pinedepin (see edit history)

Okay, excuse me for venting here but I'm a little frustrated with this mod, I'm going to be a little critical. I finally got around to putting some hours into a save on the latest version, previously I was really enjoying the A15 version of True Survival, what I'm playing now feels like a far more difficult version of that mod. Enemies feel more tanky, lots of daytime runners and soldier zombies, boars are common and a death sentence for anyone without a ranged weapon, the 'dead-is-dead' feature is really harsh, I used to die a LOT back in my A15 save, I think I had above 30 deaths before day 40. I'm down to 35 wellness on day 3 I actually had to cheat some vitamins in because I didn't want to lose my character.

Honestly this mod is brilliant however I wish the permadeath feature was something I could opt-out of, I really much prefer not having to worry about losing hard-earned skills because I wasn't quite cautious enough of my surroundings at all times.

It is EXTREMELY difficult at game start. Depending on class selection. Go with it. Be CAREFUL. It get's a lot easier as you progress. Nature of the beast.

Come check us out man, live streaming, come struggle with us xD a lot of rage and salt happens over here. Also ask questions, we can help

Twitch link

@Rouge-

When I play normally without the mod, my game gives me console text until I get in game and I can usually close the console at that point and just play. I believe because the mod is spamming the console is why I can't close it.

If you are getting errors just playing the vanilla game then trying to add a mod on top of a improperly installed game is not going to work. I would think your priority would be first to get the vanilla game to load without any errors before you ever think of adding anything else.

@Xamllew-

Thank you I appreciate the compliment.

I've installed the 7D2D Mod Launcher

Fresh reinstall of the 7 Days to Die game

Following the directions given at the beginning of this thread (ie reverting to 16.2)

When I try and create a single player game it gets stuck at "Creating character...."

Meanwhile the console is spamming the below text over and over again

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'EasyAntiCheat.Server.Hydra.EasyAntiCheatServer<Cl ientInfo>.HandleClientUpdates

When I try and join a server (ie The Dead Shall Rise 68.38.225.121:26900 posted by Wolverine576)

I get past 'Creating character...' and into the game, however the above spam on the console prevents

me from closing the console making the game unplayable.

Options -> Controls says the console button is F1, but it doesn't close the console

Ok, finally got it to work thanks to cookiesnmilk. Got a bunch of advice that lead to me finding a user error for not knowing the launcher.

For those that are having the same problem as I was,

Delete the mod in the launcher to reload it. (Mod Launcher)

I didn't realize that when I uninstalled the game it didn't uninstall the mod

Once I realized that the directions worked out exactly.

@Rouge-

Happy you got it sorted. Now you can start to pull your hair out for another reason, you keep dieing lol

@cookiesnmilk-

The Spear thing is a vanilla bug that is related to the "hold type". Anything you use the shovel hold/action on will occasionally cause a ghost time to appear in your hand when you change items. There used to be a way to fix it. I cant remember exactly but it was like putting the item back in your hand then switching tool belt item or something like that. This bug has been in the vanilla game since they added the Shovel animation and I dont think any modder has every figured out why it does it exactly or how to fix it. TFP show no desire to fix or even acknowledge it.

@Exxodous-

Read everything in your Profession Kit.

@Rouge-

Happy you got it sorted. Now you can start to pull your hair out for another reason, you keep dieing lol

@cookiesnmilk-

The Spear thing is a vanilla bug that is related to the "hold type". Anything you use the shovel hold/action on will occasionally cause a ghost time to appear in your hand when you change items. There used to be a way to fix it. I cant remember exactly but it was like putting the item back in your hand then switching tool belt item or something like that. This bug has been in the vanilla game since they added the Shovel animation and I dont think any modder has every figured out why it does it exactly or how to fix it. TFP show no desire to fix or even acknowledge it.

@Exxodous-

Read everything in your Profession Kit.

Okay thanks.

The park ranger thing is a problem, he read everything, etc. Isnt giving him 10% crafting speed.