True Survival

Spider

So here is some early game feedback:

In A15 I hated the puking zeds with a passion, and now you cannot dodge their pukes??? Why, Spider?

That is a issue from vanilla. I think cops in the wandering hordes is just too much and why I finally gave up and uninstalled this mod. The hordes are hard enough to kill without all the vomiting zeds. Might not be so bad later on but they are there in the first week before you can even get a gun. I might try this again later on and see if it gets fixed any when the other bugs get fixed.

You can dodge the puke if you stay far enough back and you can interrupt them (stop them) by hitting them with an arrow right from they puke. Fighting them becomes a dodge, shoot shoot, dodge game. If you are too close then they will hit you every time but if you stay far enough back they are not too hard.

I don't get any NRE from looting tractors and the wrench isn't like it is in vanilla, the screwdriver does what the wrench did.

Tty playing the game at the lowest difficulty level till you learn more and get better at the game.

Don't get me wrong, the game is tough and sometimes unfairly so but there is still plenty of cool stuff to explore and learn.

You can dodge the puke if you stay far enough back and you can interrupt them (stop them) by hitting them with an arrow right from they puke. Fighting them becomes a dodge, shoot shoot, dodge game. If you are too close then they will hit you every time but if you stay far enough back they are not too hard.

I don't get any NRE from looting tractors and the wrench isn't like it is in vanilla, the screwdriver does what the wrench did.

Tty playing the game at the lowest difficulty level till you learn more and get better at the game.

Don't get me wrong, the game is tough and sometimes unfairly so but there is still plenty of cool stuff to explore and learn.

I had pulled the wrench out creative to get rid of the tractor. Didn't want to forget and then try looting it again. Didn't know that about the screw driver, actually had one and had not been using it. I will try reinstalling and see if I still have the issue. Was the second tractor to do that to me. Do you have issues with that lockpick gun. That one is so bad I had to close the game and reload. Finally got it tossed out of my bag with a quick drag and drop action. Still think vomiting zeds need left out of the wandering hordes at least till later in the game. Just too much to deal with at the start. I think I was at default settings so I will try turning them down and doing super long days.

Hi Spider, IIRC you nerfed shotgun Bandits aim, but did you also fot SMG's bandits ? Cauqe two I got my face smashed and losing 60HP within 1 or 2 second, even when riding a bike. To my opinion, they're a bit overpowered.

confirmed on this one, the bandit with smg gun have unrealistic aim, similar with the shotgun bandit before it was nerfed.

i try to snipe it with my rifle from as far as i could when the bandit seems busy dealing with 2 zombies, missed my headshot and maybe got hit it's bodies instead since it's not dead, he turn around and shoot me very accurately 4-5 hits in succession from very far away even when i immediately run.

@Spider

Burnt Victims throw a null

Tractor throws a null

Breaking storage chest gives back spring (doesn't take one to make)

2 occasions there were invisible zombies spawn in, cant give you any more info, maybe just game problem?

A viewer says crashed with brass knuckles

Jumping doesnt use stamina?

Edited by cookiesnmilk (see edit history)

This is such a great mod!!!

But I'm a bit confused with the nutrition system. I have been eating the Large Kabob with 3 points of nutrition and wellness but I still receive the "bad diet" debuff. I mean, the Kabob feeds me well and I can't just keep eating it. So what's the most efficient way to keep the good diet buff?

This is such a great mod!!!

But I'm a bit confused with the nutrition system. I have been eating the Large Kabob with 3 points of nutrition and wellness but I still receive the "bad diet" debuff. I mean, the Kabob feeds me well and I can't just keep eating it. So what's the most efficient way to keep the good diet buff?

the most efficient way is to uninstall the mod haha

@Buskola713-

Have you read and done your Food Serving Quest? And have you read your True Survival Mod Notes in your Player Journal? There is a Mod Note that explains the Nutrition system, all in game no reason to leave the game to search forums for information. If you have done both of those and still have questions let me know.

@cookiesnmilk

Howdy, I've "seen" the invisible zombies too but I think that is an on-going problem with vanilla. It looks like a server-client sync problem. It's amusing in multiplayer cause the zombies will not be invisible to everyone so usually the affected player will call for help and the rest of us will run over to help. Hopefully they will figure it out for version 17.

@Spider

Only 1 to report today; animalContainer (2029) doesn't function since it's created with 0 durability and has no repair.

Needs class=Attributes so it will be assigned a durabilty value.

I do have a balancing comment though. Farming level 15 doesn't grant anything which doesn't match it's difficulty (yes I know it gives you another farmer point but that isn't a tangible reward to the player). Perhaps granting additional seeds that are not normally available? Tomato (used for the high-end wellnessJuice), cannabis (for pain relieving joints), sunflower and/or strawberry seeds? All of which currently do not seed recipes.

On that note, perhaps changing sunflowers to material mgrain would be interesting. It has a higher yield per square but requires the drying rack to make seeds. Could be an interesting.

Also I see peanut butter isn't in any of the loot tables. Seems like a good addition to lootgroup cannedfood.

Cheers

@cookiesnmilk

Howdy, I've "seen" the invisible zombies too but I think that is an on-going problem with vanilla. It looks like a server-client sync problem. It's amusing in multiplayer cause the zombies will not be invisible to everyone so usually the affected player will call for help and the rest of us will run over to help. Hopefully they will figure it out for version 17.

@Spider

Only 1 to report today; animalContainer (2029) doesn't function since it's created with 0 durability and has no repair.

Needs class=Attributes so it will be assigned a durabilty value.

I do have a balancing comment though. Farming level 15 doesn't grant anything which doesn't match it's difficulty (yes I know it gives you another farmer point but that isn't a tangible reward to the player). Perhaps granting additional seeds that are not normally available? Tomato (used for the high-end wellnessJuice), cannabis (for pain relieving joints), sunflower and/or strawberry seeds? All of which currently do not seed recipes.

On that note, perhaps changing sunflowers to material mgrain would be interesting. It has a higher yield per square but requires the drying rack to make seeds. Could be an interesting.

Also I see peanut butter isn't in any of the loot tables. Seems like a good addition to lootgroup cannedfood.

Cheers

Gotcha ;)

Coal

Also any advice where the coal deposits may be? What biome?

Only place I have found surface coal is a weird plains/forest biome.

Here is the best description I can do:

Trees: Sparsely populated with white birch, maple trees

Grass: Lots of Yellow and Green, also lots of wheat

Appearance on map screen is green with lots of clay deposits

Almost no cacti at all

Surface coal isn't super popular in this biome but it renders and pops into vision from a distance so it's somewhat easy to locate.

Edit: actually I am finding coal in virgin Desert biome now, I think it had already been harvested from a desert area I found.

Edited by kungfu_baba (see edit history)