True Survival

Spider

I have not played this mod yet, but from the looks of it crafting while staring/staying in GUI at the workbench sounds like it could be very boring. I really like in vanilla how the crafting is done while you do something else as it is very satisfying, is there any way to turn this feature off? Looking forward to playing this mod.

I have not played this mod yet, but from the looks of it crafting while staring/staying in GUI at the workbench sounds like it could be very boring. I really like in vanilla how the crafting is done while you do something else as it is very satisfying, is there any way to turn this feature off? Looking forward to playing this mod.

Crafting timers in workstations are 4 seconds per item and no problem exept when you craft mass amounts (like building blocks or gunpowder). And in the endgame it can be decreased to 1 sec(?).

Does everyone have beast computers here? I have a fairly decent one but this mod makes too much lag so I can't play :( aside from obvious settings, I'm guessing not much can be done about it. Also I replaced these prefabs with Magoli's updated version and merged the rngmixers, are spiders prefabs any different (e.g. some might have additional modded content.)

Also tried to loot a tractor and it blew up.

Confirmed, I got the same.

Also, I confirm we can't loot burning Z anymore.

Finally, regarding that weird bug we all had when opening a chest (gash + severe wound + heavy bleeding), it did happen to me this time by... drinking a golden rod tea.

Update:

*Should be save game safe

-Removed the ability to scrap Animal Hide and Cured Leather

-Fixed Joints Description

-Fixed looting Burnt Zombies

-Fixed Filed Knifes Skill screen information

-Added the learned recipes to the Farming quest rewards like I did to the Building Quest.

-Added reward of 5 Skill Points for finishing the Farming Quest chain

-Changed Hoe recipe to be made from Scrap Iron on the anvil using a Claw Hammer

-Fixed Grain Alcohol description

-Fixed repairing Brass Knuckles

-Fixed super awesome exploding tractors to just be regular tractors again(lol)

-Changed Hand full of Sunflower seeds to scrap to Grain Servings with 3

-Added Field Knife bonus harvest to Vulture

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

ip : 172.96.166.18

port : 24565

password : spider

*Current players please make sure your files are current before logging in.

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@Spider

Howdy, I think you may have added the RepairTime/RepairAmount to item scrapBrass (1317) instead of brassKnuckles (1615).

A couple other things, not really errors just visual in buffs.xml;

herbalCream should be added to id burnWound cures

sanitizingBandage should be added to cures for buffs bleedingHealthy, bleedingNormal and bleedingMalnourished.

Cheers

Thanks for the update Spider. I do have a question. Are steak knifes suppose to take such a hit on quality when repaired? Went from 124 to 7. My tools don't seem to take that bad of a hit. You can sharpen knifes a lot before they wear out that much in RL. Think maybe it is something over looked and needed fixed so I am asking.

@MasterFuji-

"I think you may have added the RepairTime/RepairAmount to item scrapBrass (1317) instead of brassKnuckles (1615)."

Thats where it goes on the item that does the repairs

"herbalCream should be added to id burnWound cures"

Only aloe cream soothes burns, intended

"sanitizingBandage should be added to cures for buffs bleedingHealthy, bleedingNormal and bleedingMalnourished."

Sanitizing Bandages are more like the action of disinfecting a wound not stopping the bleeding, intended

@Anabella-

I think the bug with that would be Steak Knifes should not be sharpenable(repairable). They are supposed to be a temporarry weapon that breaks after a few uses not something you keep for a long time.

I've just finished the 'Building with iron' quest and I wanna say I like the process. First we build Iron frames with iron and bolts and then upgrade them with iron sheets. Feels very true.

And I've reached lvl 55, unlocked steel. I feel I came here rather fast, compared to A15 experience. Most of my iron tools are still grey quality. All in all the progression feels faster than before.

I think the bug with that would be Steak Knifes should not be sharpenable(repairable). They are supposed to be a temporarry weapon that breaks after a few uses not something you keep for a long time.

That's sad. I used to keep repairing the Steak Knife until I reached 'bladecrafting' lvl 10 and unlocked Hunting Knife. Without that you only can spend points to buy the levels.

edit: Ha! to build the blast furnace I should unlock cement and cobblestone first! (sigh) It will take a while.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

If I could I would like to make an early game suggestion for a couple of useful but non-op items:

Obsidian: would have to be a new resources, maybe found in the burnt forest.

Obsidian knives: a simple knife that causes bleeding and has badish durability.

Obsidian arrows: arrows that cause bleeding

Glass knife: a very crude shank like weapon made of scrap glass. They are very sharp but break easily.

Glass arrows: just an alternative to stone.

Birch glue: made from birch sap, just as a alternative for glue. Could be used in new arrow or knife recipes "url its used to attach stone arrowheads to wood"

Pine sap: used irl as an antiseptic, fuel source, and to make soap, overall a useful resource.

Firelance: a crude "firearm" that consists of a hollow tube packed with gunpowder and small rocks, nails, glass, or lead shot.

Not so primitive suggestions:

Blackpowder harpoon gun: essentially blackpowder arrow gun, uses bow ans arrow skill.

Bangstick (also called a power head): a more civilized version of the fire lance which is essentially a modified spear designed to kill large gane/zombies. Essential a high damage melee weapon that you reload

Airbow: a crossbow equivalent of the compound bow that uses compressed air.

Edited by kickinit233 (see edit history)

@Spider

In that case;

Herbalcream is a direct extend of aloeCream. There is no difference between the two creams currently.

sanitizingBandage currently applies a debuff to bleedingHealthy, bleedingNormal and bleedingMalnourished.

Ok I see (about the scrapbrass). I think I understand how that is working, that's actually pretty neat.

RebarFrameMaster (142) points to pouredConcreteMaster (in blocks.xml) as the upgrade path instead of pouredRConcrete although I don't think anyone will notice since all the rebar blocks have their own upgrade paths specified. Someone suggested that destroyedrebar be repairable and upgradable (using the same path as the original rebar).

Cheers

Wishing for help with permadeth (total wellness loss)(cannot spawn new character)

Hello & thank you endlessly; Spider, for making the time to build a top-notch survival spin on 7D2D!

(and I also thank all contributors)

I seldom use forums directly and do not know if I am doing this correctly but...

We could really use ANYONES help to learn how to enable players to spawn back onto our server game after perma-death.

-->No one has been able to rejoin the server with a new character

-->I do not believe this was the intention of Spider's A16.2 True Survival mod but am somewhat desperate for a 'work-around'

-->I have read in this forum that Spider reset someone's toon and wish to know if anyone may know how

-->we're using BlueFangSolutions servers service

Thank you

I'm a Soldier Class

Quest: Surviving with a Crafted Revolver / Surviving with a Crafted Rifle

All parts except the cylinder is greyed out. Is there a perk I need to buy or a skill I need to loot? I am unable to do either quest.

The quest name is the end result and you need the components to complete the quest, I was lucky enough to get a book/manual drop that I learned the crafting skills from and hence earned the quest reward (all of the 'Crafted' weapons at once! woohoo!). I am unsure if leveling specific skills up opens any of the crafted weapon skills however, sry

Hello & thank you endlessly; Spider, for making the time to build a top-notch survival spin on 7D2D!

(and I also thank all contributors)

I seldom use forums directly and do not know if I am doing this correctly but...

We could really use ANYONES help to learn how to enable players to spawn back onto our server game after perma-death.

-->No one has been able to rejoin the server with a new character

-->I do not believe this was the intention of Spider's A16.2 True Survival mod but am somewhat desperate for a 'work-around'

-->I have read in this forum that Spider reset someone's toon and wish to know if anyone may know how

-->we're using BlueFangSolutions servers service

Thank you

Find the SteamID of the players, and delete the profiles. Player profiles are in the random gen player folder

If I could I would like to make an early game suggestion for a couple of useful but non-op items:

Obsidian: would have to be a new resources, maybe found in the burnt forest.

Obsidian knives: a simple knife that causes bleeding and has badish durability.

Obsidian arrows: arrows that cause bleeding

Glass knife: a very crude shank like weapon made of scrap glass. They are very sharp but break easily.

Glass arrows: just an alternative to stone.

Birch glue: made from birch sap, just as a alternative for glue. Could be used in new arrow or knife recipes "url its used to attach stone arrowheads to wood"

Pine sap: used irl as an antiseptic, fuel source, and to make soap, overall a useful resource.

Firelance: a crude "firearm" that consists of a hollow tube packed with gunpowder and small rocks, nails, glass, or lead shot.

Not so primitive suggestions:

Blackpowder harpoon gun: essentially blackpowder arrow gun, uses bow ans arrow skill.

Bangstick (also called a power head): a more civilized version of the fire lance which is essentially a modified spear designed to kill large gane/zombies. Essential a high damage melee weapon that you reload

Airbow: a crossbow equivalent of the compound bow that uses compressed air.

I understand that some of these would not be necessary but they would be fun. The airbow and harpoon gun would be redundant but I think they would be fun the obsidian and glass knives I would love to see in game, I could help with models but not coding if need be I have a few lined up for such an item.

Can anyone point me in a direction to find carrots in this mod? Need to pick 100 of them to make seed for the quest. Please and thanks

In one of the green biomes, look for clay deposits that have yellow flowers, cotton etc... then look closely for small unatural green colour 'tufts' poking out of the ground. They are carrots. Easy to spot during a storm as their shading is different to the other plants