V1.0 b316 EXP (b317 Hotfix)

hey Im having issues connecting to some friends, We are running the same version of the beta (with recent hotfix) and we are unable to join each others games. 

Running a M2 MacBook pro and have fiddled with a few different settings (firewall, renderer) 

each time we are getting the error (unable to connect to server)

5 minutes ago, Zoozorocks said:

hey Im having issues connecting to some friends, We are running the same version of the beta (with recent hotfix) and we are unable to join each others games. 

Running a M2 MacBook pro and have fiddled with a few different settings (firewall, renderer) 

each time we are getting the error (unable to connect to server)

You should create your post in the support forum and include a log so someone can help.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Hated said:

RWG traders can be closer to each other on 2k, 3k and 4k worlds

Oh that's lovely! Thank you from someone who uses 4k worlds!

This is also a question not for anything in the hotfix, but how does one save a randomly generated world from the previewer without exiting and re-entering, and is there a way to preserve these settings upon doing that? I tend to make a lot of maps all at once and I only recently noticed the worlds only save if you save them manually. Having a toggle option would be nice for us digital pack rats !

20 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You should create your post in the support forum and include a log so someone can help.

how do I find/ create a log? also an update is that I'm unable to join one person in particular so its not a PC  vs Mac thing

1 minute ago, Zoozorocks said:

how do I find/ create a log? also an update is that I'm unable to join one person in particular so its not a PC  vs Mac thing

The General Support forum has a sticky that tells you where to get the log.  It is generally in your %appdata%\7DaysToDie\ folder.

1 minute ago, Zoozorocks said:

Also Im having trouble creating my post :(

You should be able to just click Start New Topic at the top after going into the general support forum.  It is a red button.  Be sure to add a subject/title.

Just now, Riamus said:

You should be able to just click Start New Topic at the top after going into the general support forum.  It is a red button.  Be sure to add a subject/title.

Done!

The changes to screamers seems a little overtuned. I had a screamer spawn while clearing a tier 3 POI far from my base. I used a pipe machine gun and a hunting rifle to deal with a wight. I was using melee up to that point.  Not sure what TFP is aiming for here but I wouldn’t expect a screamer to spawn after so few rounds were fired with such a low rate of fire. My expectations may be colored by past alphas but I would expect to need prolonged automatic fire with a high fire rate to spawn screamers—like using a SMG to clear a tier 4 or 5. I’ll have to give this some more thought but I’m not sure I’m keen on screamers spawning just from light weapon fire when clearing a POI.

Also the hitboxes for screamer’s heads seem very wonky. It seems like you need to aim for their neck to get a hit from an elevated position. 

Edited by Kosmic Kerman (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

No the controllers buttons were all changed with the release of 1.0. 

There are LOTS of us who want the old controller schemes back. I play with a PS4 controller and the updated controls suck big time

Don't worry, we've been observing a lot of feedback and are discussing plans internally. 

2 hours ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

The changes to screamers seems a little overtuned. I had a screamer spawn while clearing a tier 3 POI far from my base. I used a pipe machine gun and a hunting rifle to deal with a wight. I was using melee up to that point.  Not sure what TFP is aiming for here but I wouldn’t expect a screamer to spawn after so few rounds were fired with such a low rate of fire. My expectations may be colored by past alphas but I would expect to need prolonged automatic fire with a high fire rate to spawn screamers—like using a SMG to clear a tier 4 or 5. I’ll have to give this some more thought but I’m not sure I’m keen on screamers spawning just from light weapon fire when clearing a POI.

I wish in general it was possible to adjust screamers in the settings to be more/less, or even just not have them spawn at all, instead of just an unmodifiable flat effect. regardless of how they are adjusted, they just are not my cup of tea and I’ve never really had fun dealing with them. I understand that differs for people and it’s why I want it to be an intended consequence, but for me it’s just a no-go and these changes really don’t make that opinion shift much.

20 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

I wish in general it was possible to adjust screamers in the settings to be more/less, or even just not have them spawn at all, instead of just an unmodifiable flat effect. regardless of how they are adjusted, they just are not my cup of tea and I’ve never really had fun dealing with them. I understand that differs for people and it’s why I want it to be an intended consequence, but for me it’s just a no-go and these changes really don’t make that opinion shift much.

That and zombie spawn setting. 

I think the reason why they did that is so that there can be more zombies to fight since more people complain about the lack of zombies which I'm okay with that but also settings and stuff for other people is always nice

On 7/12/2024 at 3:30 AM, Hated said:

store_book_01, did a pass on reducing how many books were in the store section of the POI, removed about 40%

Wow that's a pretty big nerf. These bookstores are in virtually every major city in the generated maps and were the primary source of books. I know at least one Youtuber who will be ranting about it. Greetings to @IzPrebuilt

7 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Wow that's a pretty big nerf. These bookstores are in virtually every major city in the generated maps and were the primary source of books. I know at least one Youtuber who will be ranting about it. Greetings to @IzPrebuilt

Only allowed to complain if they also complain about animals learning how to read ;) 

17 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

Only allowed to complain if they also complain about animals learning how to read ;) 

HA! They didn't learn how to read. They learned how to eat survivors...whole. 😛

Has anything changed in the heat balance? I was mining stones and suddenly there was a radioactive screamer in my mine followed by another radioactive screamer which apparently spawned another radioactive screamer. I've never had this problem before while mining stone. The heat was always below 100%.

Yes sir!

Changed: Improved screamer spawning rules to account for a wider range of player activity (ActivityLevelToSpawn 100>25, SpawnChance .7>.2, CooldownDelay 15>4, +CooldownLongDelay 22, CooldownNeighborDelay 4>3)

8 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Yes sir!

Changed: Improved screamer spawning rules to account for a wider range of player activity (ActivityLevelToSpawn 100>25, SpawnChance .7>.2, CooldownDelay 15>4, +CooldownLongDelay 22, CooldownNeighborDelay 4>3)

Wow. I can already see my future mining trips. Screamers on top of Screamers with Screamer sauce and Screamers as side dish.

I need a better PC or this will be a slide show.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

Hello,
I am launching big server for our community on 19th of July. Obviously it will still be on experimental branch. Assuming stable 1.0 branch will be released week later, my question is following - Will stable 1.0 break experimental branch saves?

That is very important matter for us.

Soo yeah these screamer changes are ridiculous. Had so many spawning during a tier 6 infestation quest at US army outpost 7. That PoI is already insane enough without wave after wave of screamer spawns. 

It's beyond time to either add in a option not turn them on and off or just remove them completely and increase roaming horde frequency and size. 

17 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

We had 8/10 quest tier progress each before the patch. Did 2 quests in a group (we set the daily quest progression limit to "unlimited" instead of "3"), no bike. Even did an additional quest (maybe the counter was wrong internally) but still no bike from Rekt.

But both had a bike reward after 10/10 when doing 20 quests in a group in our first playthrough.

Update:

After finishing tier 2 quests (30/60 tier points now), my wife finally got a reward, I still got nothing.

If you are interested in the log, please let me know.