New game?

Not trying to be an jerk but, been waiting years for this game to go gold with no end to beta's in sight. Yet here we are...  Looks like it will take even longer to get this game done.

Maybe we should finish the current early access game first? Oh wait its not listed as early access and still hasn't gone gold.  Fun pimps need to get their priorities straight.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2312280/7_Days_Blood_Moons/

11 hours ago, Devigod said:

Not trying to be an jerk but, been waiting years for this game to go gold with no end to beta's in sight. Yet here we are...  Looks like it will take even longer to get this game done.

Maybe we should finish the current early access game first? Oh wait its not listed as early access and still hasn't gone gold.  Fun pimps need to get their priorities straight.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2312280/7_Days_Blood_Moons/

That game is not developed by TFP.  To clarify, since Steam's page says it is developed by them and iLLOGIKA... at least from what I've seen mentioned here, TFP is basically helping in an advisory role.  The actual development is being done by iLLOGIKA and so has no impact on this game.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

That game is not developed by TFP.  To clarify, since Steam's page says it is developed by them and iLLOGIKA... at least from what I've seen mentioned here, TFP is basically helping in an advisory role.  The actual development is being done by iLLOGIKA and so has no impact on this game.

Does advisory role mean "taking a cut by letting you use our brand"? Why does a game stuck in an eternal alpha need a spinoff?

this thing looks nothing like advisory. it is an MP version of the game. I guess FP just sold some rights to use the game as a source for something else, we can clearly see the zds and other features as is in 7d2d. so it is the same engine, same zds, mostly same weapons. just another genre. It is the same 7d2d but in a different package. Does it worry me? Nay, non of my business. Through these years I own a copy of 7d2d ive spent in it more hours than I did in any other game, well maybe with exception to UltimaOnline in the 90s.

59 minutes ago, Survior said:

Does advisory role mean "taking a cut by letting you use our brand"? Why does a game stuck in an eternal alpha need a spinoff?

What does beeing in alpha have to do with hiring a developer studio for a game you want to get done? I mean i would get if people are upset if they would develop it on their own. But this has zero effect on the 7 days to die development.

@Vampirenostra They didn´t sell right afaik. They hired a dev studio. And it´s gonna be a dead by daylight like game. One players as the zombie hivemind vs a group of survivors, propably 4 i guess. WIth survival and building elements.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What does beeing in alpha have to do with hiring a developer studio for a game you want to get done?

If you don't see a problem with a game in alpha having a spinoff, that's fine. We exist in different universes of thought, but whatever it's 2024.

The other company is developing the Bloodmoons game.  Yes, they are using the same engine and shares some base assets and code from 7d2d.  However, it is a completely different type of game.

We will be at PAX East starting this Thursday with a demo for people to play.

The Fun Pimps will primarily be there to demo the 7d2d console version while iLLOGIKA will be there to demo their new game.

I have played the new game and think it's alot of fun.  Although it feels very similar to 7d2d.  It plays very differently.  I think people will enjoy playing as the zombie hive master as it's interesting being in the shoes of the zombies we have killed for years.  😆

11 minutes ago, Survior said:

If you don't see a problem with a game in alpha having a spinoff, that's fine. We exist in different universes of thought, but whatever it's 2024.

So you have no real arguments other than "This isn´t right" What exactly is your problem? I really don´t see one. Nothing would change for 7 days to die if they don´t do this.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Well, I like it. 

Can`t judge anyone having an opinion from a couple of minutes video. That`s why I don`t watch news. Because in many cases, far away from the opinions and reality, it is in fact much better than we think. 

Honestly; trailer was a bit of miss for me, but I can't say until release. Graphics in the trailer looked a bit off. The UI I saw was a tad scuffed as well, but that can definitely change during development. The gunplay & a lot of the assets look identical to 7 days from what was shown, hopefully that changes somewhat. The zombie puppet master is a cool idea. If it's in super early development, I'll withhold judgement for now, but I wasn't a big fan of the trailer itself. That said, I just want to share some info. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of this since I aint got no clue what I'm doing.

iLLOGIKA

https://www.illogika.com/en/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/377250/Subaeria/

Here's their only steam game that they made completely themselves. Since they are fully developing Blood Moons on PC as well, I figured I would mention it. Maybe they'll blow the game out of the water, which would be great, but I'm not sure.

They also assisted in the development of a NFT/Metaverse thing called "The Sandbox" which is a bit of a red flag for me. Here's their project page for it

https://www.illogika.com/en/partner-games/our-projects/134/the-sandbox/service/1/items/27

Some interesting games they've worked on include "Atari Mania", "Spongebob Squarepants Krusty Cook Off", "Lara Croft/Deus EX Go" some work on Cuphead, and a hand in various mobile, and AR/VR games.

Here's some other resources with info about the studio.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/10/26/a-quiet-place-horror-game-saber-interactive-illogika/

https://unity.com/case-study/illogika

https://www.illogika.com/en/partner-games/our-projects/145/7-days-blood-moons/service/11/items/27

I'd recommend checking out their website for more info on the games they have assisted in developing to draw your own conclusion. Don't really know what I'm talking about, I just did some random digging. Hopefully the game turns out great, I'm just a little concerned from what I've seen. 😃

I don't mean for this to come across rude or anything, sorry.

Edited by User (see edit history)

I don't particularly mind the reuse of 7dtd mechanics. I am intrigued by the adversarial aspect. The idea that it may require 5 players is really going to limit the prospective audience. I love 7dtd played both MP and solo. I have 2 friends with whom I play 7 Days. Could Blood Moons be played with only 3 or would it be unbalanced with only 2 on defense?

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I don't particularly mind the reuse of 7dtd mechanics. I am intrigued by the adversarial aspect. The idea that it may require 5 players is really going to limit the prospective audience. I love 7dtd played both MP and solo. I have 2 friends with whom I play 7 Days. Could Blood Moons be played with only 3 or would it be unbalanced with only 2 on defense?

Great question!  If anyone else has any game related questions, feel free to fire away here.

We will be at PAX this Thursday and I will be more than happy to see if I can get some questions answered.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

On 3/18/2024 at 4:31 AM, Laz Man said:

I think people will enjoy playing as the zombie hive master as it's interesting being in the shoes of the zombies we have killed for years.  😆

As stupid as this might sound, I haven't really considered that side of it.

I loved Friday the 13th mostly because I could play as Jason. Evil Dead the Game was cool (until it wasn't), but I had no interest in playing as the demon.

I think I would like playing as the zombie master. I liked the Warzone zombie mode, where when you died as an operator you came back as a zombie. 

Will you be able to choose your role, survivor or zombie? Or will it be like Friday the 13th where the role is randomly chosen? 

Turning into a zombie after being bitten. Loosing all progress of being survivor who looted, build, defended and going brainless.

That would be an awesome mode for 7 days to die, too. 

15 hours ago, beerfly said:

Turning into a zombie after being bitten. Loosing all progress of being survivor who looted, build, defended and going brainless.

That would be an awesome mode for 7 days to die, too. 

I'm not that well versed in a lot of games, but the only game that I can think of that does something like this is Call of Duty. Besides that limited time mode in Warzone, they have that infected mode for multiplayer. 

I think the concept of a survivor turning is kind of untapped in zombie gaming. 

It would be cool if there was a more longform survival game (or mode) where if you get bit by a zombie you slowly turn into one. And then you have to go about finding animals and people to eat without getting killed.

On 3/18/2024 at 8:51 PM, Laz Man said:

Great question!  If anyone else has any game related questions, feel free to fire away here.

We will be at PAX this Thursday and I will be more than happy to see if I can get some questions answered.

Any info on set bonuses for the new armors and clothing?

10 hours ago, Arez said:

I'm not that well versed in a lot of games, but the only game that I can think of that does something like this is Call of Duty. Besides that limited time mode in Warzone, they have that infected mode for multiplayer. 

I think the concept of a survivor turning is kind of untapped in zombie gaming. 

It would be cool if there was a more longform survival game (or mode) where if you get bit by a zombie you slowly turn into one. And then you have to go about finding animals and people to eat without getting killed.

In terms of a normal 7days game there's not much use in that. Would you play that zombie in SP, hunting deer instead of progressing with your PC? Once for novelty sure, but then ...?

And in co-op MP you might just use it to surprise your friends if you died in a quest you are doing, but you probably would be overwhelmed almost as easy as any other (single) zombie, especially once they know that players turn into zombies. And I am sure most co-op admins would make sure that even as a zombie players can't do friendly fire.

Only on open (PvP) servers might be some limited use if you make the player zombies harder or better than normal zombies, otherwise a player has much better abilities with the guns to kill other players. But exactly that market slice is now occupied by Bloodmoons, so why replicate it in 7 days?

7 minutes ago, meganoth said:

But exactly that market slice is now occupied by Bloodmoons, so why replicate it in 7 days?

I wasn't necessarily saying it has to be a part of 7 Days. It was more in general...if something like that could be done well and not something short like it is/was in COD.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

. But exactly that market slice is now occupied by Bloodmoons, so why replicate it in 7 days?

Because it was an original pitched feature for the Kickstarter. You can’t offload a promised feature to a new game and have it be a fulfillment of the game backers pledged money to get—not unless backers are getting a  free key for Blood Moon. 

My hope is that 7 Days will still get Horde Mode back and they can have defeated players play as zombies working to help get the rest of the players out. That would fulfill the promised feature.

That may be a paler version of the full Blood Moons game but backers wouldn’t be paying extra for it and even the simple horde mode they used to have was fun as it was.