1.0 (A22) Dev Diary Overflow

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Are the trader compounds NPC controlled safe houses?  To me, they seem to be.

I would think so too. The goals did say NPC Characters and Merchants, so those might be bandits.

image.png.f28d4c9b40b111cfd378ff3e06e6107c.png

But then there was also this at the bottom:image.png.160d272684e80a84f1bd67ccb889841f.png

So I would think there should be more than just bandits and traders, maybe some neutral NPCs or something. But those goals were under the section that might come after the initial gold release.

2 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I would think so too. The goals did say NPC Characters and Merchants, so those might be bandits.

image.png.f28d4c9b40b111cfd378ff3e06e6107c.png

But then there was also this at the bottom:image.png.160d272684e80a84f1bd67ccb889841f.png

So I would think there should be more than just bandits and traders, maybe some neutral NPCs or something. But those goals were under the section that might come after the initial gold release.

TBH I don't really give a damn if it was explicitly spelled out in a ten-year-old KS or not, a few Neutral NPCs could add new gameplay and player options without detracting from the game at all, as well as enhancing muh immershuns, so I'd love to see them.

We know non-hostile NPCs exist. For them to ONLY appear as merchants with full compounds (which they kinda-weirdly all defend solo - Jen's compound being empty seems especially bizarre) is just kinda weird; it really reinforces the video-gamey aspects of the world over any sorta verisimilitude.

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

TBH I don't really give a damn if it was explicitly spelled out in a ten-year-old KS or not, a few Neutral NPCs could add new gameplay and player options without detracting from the game at all, as well as enhancing muh immershuns, so I'd love to see them.

We know non-hostile NPCs exist. For them to ONLY appear as merchants with full compounds (which they kinda-weirdly all defend solo - Jen's compound being empty seems especially bizarre) is just kinda weird; it really reinforces the video-gamey aspects of the world over any sorta verisimilitude.

I wouldn't mind some friendly faces.  Maybe small trading but they have a limited amount of dukes to trade. 

Or maybe hire for a set time to guard you or hold haul stuff. Maybe small quest like (bring me a crusable for prize!)

I would be fine if they just stood around and maybe had some generic things to say when you clicked on them.  Just to give a feeling of a world with people living in it even if they don't want to put in a lot of work into NPCs.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I wouldn't mind some friendly faces.  Maybe small trading but they have a limited amount of dukes to trade. 

Or maybe hire for a set time to guard you or hold haul stuff. Maybe small quest like (bring me a crusable for prize!)

13 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I would be fine if they just stood around and maybe had some generic things to say when you clicked on them.  Just to give a feeling of a world with people living in it even if they don't want to put in a lot of work into NPCs.

Good ideas, without a doubt, but it is apocalypse isn`t it ? And I really like how it makes us feel, to have the need of interaction with more people out there, more survivors. Even for a short amount of time and a small talk. 

I think The Pimps did very well in that job, to give us the feeling of being alone out there, to make us survive in our own way. 

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Good ideas, without a doubt, but it is apocalypse isn`t it ? And I really like how it makes us feel, to have the need of interaction with more people out there, more survivors. Even for a short amount of time and a small talk. 

I think The Pimps did very well in that job, to give us the feeling of being alone out there, to make us survive in our own way. 

True, but you'd still see a few people around.  If you didn't, then there wouldn't be any traders selling things.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:58 PM, Roland said:

At the very least 7 Days to Die is knocking on the door of Horror Spoof’s door if not already inside having dinner. Why do you think we have so many repetitive conversations with @Matt115?

A zombie poodle could fit right in tbh…

maybe not as a general enemy but as a special boss of a poi? Hilarious and totally something I could see the pimps doing for the laughs. 

Agree there was so many them. and after seeing 7d bloodmoons i'm just dissapointed. it's looks like free mod xd. Realy - Lambda Wars na Steam (steampowered.com) . But at least Lambda wars is for free. I woudn't mind if 7d bloodmoons was just mobile game - totaly accetable to use stuff from "big game".

Okay and before someone say "BUT IT'S BASE ON 7DTD with few new POI !" Well mount and blade fire and sword base on mount and blade too but you have mostly orginal stuff like weapons, characters customisation, armors, locations, factions, assets etc.  so : Bloodmoons 95% old stuff 5% new, M&B with fire and sword - 95% new stuff 5% old

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Agree there was so many them. and after seeing 7d bloodmoons i'm just dissapointed. it's looks like free mod xd. Realy - Lambda Wars na Steam (steampowered.com) . But at least Lambda wars is for free. I woudn't mind if 7d bloodmoons was just mobile game - totaly accetable to use stuff from "big game".

Okay and before someone say "BUT IT'S BASE ON 7DTD with few new POI !" Well mount and blade fire and sword base on mount and blade too but you have mostly orginal stuff like weapons, characters customisation, armors, locations, factions, assets etc.  so : Bloodmoons 95% old stuff 5% new, M&B with fire and sword - 95% new stuff 5% old

And right now there are people posting upset about the 5% new in Bloodmoons that wasn’t put into this game instead.  Heads would explode if Bloodmoons was 95% new…

Someone is always going to be mad about diametrically opposite things and for opposite reasons. 

Personally, I think there is quite a bit more than just 5% new with Bloodmoons. And as its development continues it will get more new and different parts. 

7 Days is its starting point and they are still at the start. 

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

And right now there are people posting upset about the 5% new in Bloodmoons that wasn’t put into this game instead.  Heads would explode if Bloodmoons was 95% new…

Someone is always going to be mad about diametrically opposite things and for opposite reasons. 

Personally, I think there is quite a bit more than just 5% new with Bloodmoons. And as its development continues it will get more new and different parts. 

Exactly if it was all new content then people would really complain 

From how I see it. It's 7dtd horde mode with pvpe

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I told before that people will be angry. check Steam dissucusions. What is new? Ah right - microtransations ( you check info about it on steam) .  Zombie models? this same. Weapons? this same. Armors? will be in future A for 7dtd so again this same thing .You can say - POI : which only halve true because you see a lot of reused stuff. You can say "you know it will be PVP based and you can control zombie" okay : so playing as zombie should be in 7dtd too. why?

"Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane."

source

7 Days to Die - Zombie Survival Game by The Fun Pimps Entertainment LLC — Kickstarter

Okay - so what about mechanics? my answer is https://store.steampowered.com/app/952070/RESIDENT_EVIL_RESISTANCE/ . This game were using such concept and well... you can see reviews. And it was added for free if you bought RE3 remake.

So sorry - it doesn't make good first impression.  If you can say " guns, zombies are just placeholders" but it's unlikly:

why post trailer to make bad impression with mostly reused assets which looks like mod? better would be even make vertical slice like Blight with only new stuff

And you can say "there is no such mod for such mechanics" ok you are right - but for zombie kids, ww2 maps, and crafting in Dark Messiaha of might and magic either. Because 

1. 7dtd is not finished to another update will break such big mod

2. people talented enough would consider and talk about it already if they would be interested about it

So: to be honest :

1. Microtransations

2. EA

3. Tons of reused content.

So i don't have too much hopes about until there will big improvment

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

I told before that people will be angry. check Steam dissucusions. What is new? Ah right - microtransations ( you check info about it on steam) .  Zombie models? this same. Weapons? this same. Armors? will be in future A for 7dtd so again this same thing .You can say - POI : which only halve true because you see a lot of reused stuff. You can say "you know it will be PVP based and you can control zombie" okay : so playing as zombie should be in 7dtd too. why?

"Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane."

source

7 Days to Die - Zombie Survival Game by The Fun Pimps Entertainment LLC — Kickstarter

Okay - so what about mechanics? my answer is https://store.steampowered.com/app/952070/RESIDENT_EVIL_RESISTANCE/ . This game were using such concept and well... you can see reviews. And it was added for free if you bought RE3 remake.

So sorry - it doesn't make good first impression.  If you can say " guns, zombies are just placeholders" but it's unlikly:

why post trailer to make bad impression with mostly reused assets which looks like mod? better would be even make vertical slice like Blight with only new stuff

And you can say "there is no such mod for such mechanics" ok you are right - but for zombie kids, ww2 maps, and crafting in Dark Messiaha of might and magic either. Because 

1. 7dtd is not finished to another update will break such big mod

2. people talented enough would consider and talk about it already if they would be interested about it

So: to be honest :

1. Microtransations

2. EA

3. Tons of reused content.

So i don't have too much hopes about until there will big improvment

Darn…your hope was all they were waiting for to release into early access. 

You are making a lot of assumptions from very skimpy information. Like I said, there is much more than 5% difference between the two games. One is not just a mod overhaul of the other. Time and more information will bear that out. 

Regardless, you STILL are not entitled to Kickstarter promises if you aren’t a Kickstarter backer. YOUR terms of service are listed on the Steam Early Access explanation page. 

23 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, absolutely. Hell, even if they're not free-roaming, just put a couple guards in say Joel's, Bob's, or Jen's compounds.

Edited by FramFramson (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Roland said:

Darn…your hope was all they were waiting for to release into early access. 

You are making a lot of assumptions from very skimpy information. Like I said, there is much more than 5% difference between the two games. One is not just a mod overhaul of the other. Time and more information will bear that out. 

Regardless, you STILL are not entitled to Kickstarter promises if you aren’t a Kickstarter backer. YOUR terms of service are listed on the Steam Early Access explanation page. 

Ok:

1.microtransations - prove :

image.thumb.png.8b88963ae4672069e3eea10b2a3ed828.png

it can be translate as : buying in app

2. people not happy about EA ; 

SOURCE:  https://steamcommunity.com/app/2312280/discussions/

3. Yeah will be information in future. And.. this don't change fact that's trailer is mid.

Maybe you have more info that me yet - this same as let's say we can say about star wars Acothlite. Trailer is mid. But people who are somehow connected know more about it yet - we can only judge what we officaly see. 

So - i won't analises trailer frame by frame. Yet most things are from 7dtd. And yes it's pretty much a mod. People modded MP for skyrim. Battlefront 2 will get battlefront 3 mod . Don't even mentioning source mods

I don’t deny there are to be ingame purchases. Not sure why you thought you had to “prove” that to me. I don’t deny that people are upset about early access. 

I do deny that Blood Moons is a modded version of 7 Days to Die, a remake of 7 Days to Die, or 7 Days to Die 2. Maybe the given information didn’t make that clear to you but now I am making it clear to you. 

It’s like someone looking briefly at a screenshot of Telltale’s Minecraft story game and then stating that it was obviously 95% the same as Minecraft. 

Bloodmoons is set in the 7 Days to Die universe but it is a different gaming experience. You are focusing on the superficial similarities and making them out to be the whole picture. 

Over on the Blood Moons Steam discussion page there have been less than 30 unique individuals expressing anger and disgust about the game. Meanwhile over 9000 people have wishlisted the game. The angry faction is loud and vocal and repetitious and supportive of each other but the approving and excited faction is vastly larger and quietly waiting to learn more. 

Hello everyone, friends. We see a great RPG game in front of us, but I still have 1 important question. We have great drones in the game, which I am very grateful to the pimps for adding them, but they cannot attack walkers. The fact is that I am more of a peace-loving player and do not really like to upgrade weapons and other combat skills, I upgrade running, medicine, cooking more, and in most RPG games I hope to protect my companion. I don't have any friends to play with for 7 days, so I need protection, and the question became will a combat drone be added? For example, he will be twice the size of his younger model and will have stronger armor and a machine gun, or will have a similar style as the combat Mr. assistant from fallout 3. I really like the game, but I need a combat assistant, since it is very difficult for me to survive in such a world. Is there any chance of adding a combat drone?

50 minutes ago, Izmail said:

Hello everyone, friends. We see a great RPG game in front of us, but I still have 1 important question. We have great drones in the game, which I am very grateful to the pimps for adding them, but they cannot attack walkers. The fact is that I am more of a peace-loving player and do not really like to upgrade weapons and other combat skills, I upgrade running, medicine, cooking more, and in most RPG games I hope to protect my companion. I don't have any friends to play with for 7 days, so I need protection, and the question became will a combat drone be added? For example, he will be twice the size of his younger model and will have stronger armor and a machine gun, or will have a similar style as the combat Mr. assistant from fallout 3. I really like the game, but I need a combat assistant, since it is very difficult for me to survive in such a world. Is there any chance of adding a combat drone?

There's already the Junk mobile Turret that does that.

Just carry it with you and deploy it when needed.

:laser: :faint:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Уже есть мобильная турель Junk, которая делает это.

Просто носите его с собой и развертывайте по мере необходимости.

:laser: :faint:

Thank you for responding to my post, kind man. Yes, it's nice that the game has such a good turret, but it's convenient to use it only when defending a building, and for example, if I'm surrounded on the street, it doesn't become particularly effective, still I would like to have a more mobile assistant who can cover me for all 360.I hope they will come up with something in the future, thanks again for answering

I think you will find after playing the game a bit that it is really an easy game once you understand the mechanics.  Most of the time I didn't even bother with guns anymore because melee works just fine.  I usually only switch to find in a few parts of a couple of the tier 5 POI just because there's are so many figures at once and for horde night.  The rest of the time, I stick to melee.

If you are on the street and having trouble, just run away.  Unless you have zombies set to sprint, it is ready to outrun them.  Even if they are set to sprint, just find something to jump on or over and you can easily get away if needed.

It is very unlikely they will add weapons to the drone for vanilla, so finding an alternative is a good Idea.  😀

On 3/22/2024 at 11:44 PM, Adam the Waster said:

New laser confirmed 

Intelligent class! 

Speaking of! We're is the plasma baton!!@!

To be honest - laser would be pretty cool stuff. but not pew pew but rather - laser line