Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

2 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Oh weird, I though we had a seen in-game shots of the minibike already

We've seen a mixture of in-game models and art work.  Note that they are changing the vehicles so that the appearance changes based on the mods added to them.  That means they have a lot of work in-front of them to generate all of those variabilities and make sure that they work well together.

9 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Oh, the thrill ! I can't stand it. Will 1.0 be delivered in time, or will the world end? :ranger:

02/04/24 passed already. Can't be the end of the world. Unless it's 07/07/2077 ? Next chance? 😛

On 5/22/2024 at 2:10 PM, Riamus said:

I like these and they could fit for a bowling league (mainly the second one), but is it just me or do these look like they are from the 50s?  I don't really mind, but it feels odd that they aren't dressed in a more modern style.  But who knows?  Maybe the 1950s style will make a comeback in the mid 2030s.  ;)

Just because it's not gym shorts or jogging pants they think it's 1950s style lol 

11 hours ago, faatal said:

In any release, features are often still in development right up to experimental. Even some feature changes during experimental.

I started adding the new minibike model yesterday. That is a feature change as it shows mods added to it, but was not a high priority to me compared to many other tasks, so it has waited until now.

So basically.. Rick shouldn't have said experimental was shooting for end of May.

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

So basically.. Rick shouldn't have said experimental was shooting for end of May.

If he gives a time frame, people get mad. If he doesn't, people get mad. I really don't care what he says, I know it will be here when it's ready and I can wait. As long as he isn't going around making promises, I see no problem giving out an optimistic date.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

If he gives a time frame, people get mad. If he doesn't, people get mad. I really don't care what he says, I know it will be here when it's ready and I can wait. As long as he isn't going around making promises, I see no problem giving out an optimistic date.

I usually take Ricks announcements as we are past the 50% mark :D

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 7:42 PM, dcsobral said:

The downtown Business strip tweet says "hundreds of new POIS". Does that include remodeled POIs or is it hundreds of all-new POIs?

If they've lied, who will check? :suspicious:

Edit: just to clarify... it was a joke, I'm not really implying they would lie. I was just saying that it's hard to count so many POIs one by one! :loco:

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

If they've lied, who will check? :suspicious:

Probably half the people here ;)

Counting POIs is as easy as looking in the POI folder and seeing how many XML files, so you know people will check.

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

BTW idk if this a real thing or not but What Is this parking lot lmao 😂 

If it's real then that's cool we should do that more 

Screenshot_20240524_150616_Chrome.jpg

Laz!!!

Seems to be a parking lot on the roof.  You can see the ramp in the last picture.  I agree that more of this would be interesting.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

BTW idk if this a real thing or not but What Is this parking lot lmao 😂 

If it's real then that's cool we should do that more 

Screenshot_20240524_150616_Chrome.jpg

Laz!!!

I made that POI.  It is inspired by a similar Arizona indoor shopping strip with a parking lot on top.

It is also designed for you to drive your vehicle inside and on top of it if you're feeling frisky. 😎

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

12 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Nah, I get that and feel the same way. I was making commentary moreso on Rick's tendency to over-promise due to his excitement. XD

27 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Nah, I get that and feel the same way. I was making commentary moreso on Rick's tendency to over-promise due to his excitement. XD

Yeah. I've come to ignore dates until Nathan stops cringing on the dev streams.

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I made that POI.  It is inspired by a similar Arizona indoor shopping strip with a parking lot on top.

It is also designed for you to drive your vehicle inside and on top of it if you're feeling frisky. 😎

*drives on top*

*hears sudden crumbling sound*

"LaaaaaaazzzzzzzMaaaaaaaaaa...."