Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

15 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Gods that Nerd set is so freaking stupid and fugly.

I think the upper armor looks cool. But the cloths are.... crap the nerd outfit should have been ether a lab coat or like a gaming shirt... not some geek from the 60s

It's like wearing a knight suit but you put a bowtie, add leggings and wear Rockstar glasses.... it looks stupid.. 

All I know is if my buddy on console wears the whole set ima just throw a contact grenade at him 

Cage armor Is not only cool but practical but heavy and bulky. It helps from face attacks with melee weapons but not with ranged weapons 

FO4-nate-sturdy-raider.jpg

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I think the upper armor looks cool. But the cloths are.... crap the nerd outfit should have been ether a lab coat or like a gaming shirt... not some geek from the 60s

It's like wearing a knight suit but you put a bowtie, add leggings and wear Rockstar glasses.... it looks stupid.. 

All I know is if my buddy on console wears the whole set ima just throw a contact grenade at him 

Cage armor Is not only cool but practical but heavy and bulky. It helps from face attacks with melee weapons but not with ranged weapons 

It's unique but I'd want it to look less cartoonish. 

Remove bowtie maybe regular tie if anything. 

Not everything has to look cool but it shouldn't be to silly. 

5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Yeah.. I'm just gonna be an edgy boy and stick with the wasteland assassin outfit.

1 hour ago, Astronomical said:

Why is the farmer so bloody??

Screenshot_20240312_233811_Firefox.thumb.jpg.94cc0759708d1559725664fe8708fa59.jpg

Because.. PEPMEP.

5 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Gods that Nerd set is so freaking stupid and fugly.

So the big question is....what would the perk have to be to convince you to wear it regardless of how it looks....?

Maybe we'll all be nerds if the benefit is good enough. lol

2 hours ago, Roland said:

So the big question is....what would the perk have to be to convince you to wear it regardless of how it looks....?

Well, if it's still considered heavy armor, no perk is going to get me to wear it. But that's mainly because I don't like wearing heavy armor.

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Well the existing nerd glasses currently outclass all other attribute-boosting eyewear, so maybe they want to see how stupid the player base is prepared to look.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

So the big question is....what would the perk have to be to convince you to wear [The Nerd Set] regardless of how it looks....?

Oh wow, now that's a tough question. I don't have an answer that doesn't immediately make the game trivial to play and thus not worth playing, or doesn't involve some kind of real-world award. $20 USD? Naaa, keep going.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

On 2/23/2024 at 7:58 PM, faatal said:

Burnt forest was never removed. The biome was removed from RWG and adding it back only took a few hours and that includes code cleanup, so there is that benefit too.

For what reason does the Burnt Forest periodically disappear from the game?

The lighting in that shot is really funny, makes the face looked pasted on. 😂

Jokes aside, those armour bits look exactly like the sort of thing a couple of us were asking about. Different random bits and such.

Also, track pants... hmmmmm... potential gopnik suit armour set?

Edited by FramFramson (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Post made by madmole snowing new characters 

And another new set of arnor? Sweat pants, makeshift vest with no shirt? 

And hand armor model.

BTW I told made madmole we miss him! 

20240314_003507.jpg

Hmm, maybe older clothing items aren't going away, but are used as early game "slot fillers" until you start making or finding armor? Just a guess.

10 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Hmm, maybe older clothing items aren't going away, but are used as early game "slot fillers" until you start making or finding armor? Just a guess.

I mean, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. If we have those AND new armour parts, Savage Country POIs will finally become interesting to loot.

30 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

I mean, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. If we have those AND new armour parts, Savage Country POIs will finally become interesting to loot.

Same. I do enjoy looting them anyway, early on, as they're a great source of a LOT of cloth, as well as clothing filler and (less so now) dyes. Hell, on my buddy's server, on our current map, I even managed to find a few perfect stat BDU pants and shirts from a single Savage Country, as well as suit pants and jackets for later.

46 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Same. I do enjoy looting them anyway, early on, as they're a great source of a LOT of cloth, as well as clothing filler and (less so now) dyes. Hell, on my buddy's server, on our current map, I even managed to find a few perfect stat BDU pants and shirts from a single Savage Country, as well as suit pants and jackets for later.

Early on they're great, yes. But that drops off FAST in the current alpha, so stretching the value out so that the T4+ Savage Country POIs also had something good to look for in them would be really nice.