Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

Just a heads up, but your Lockable Inventory Slots mod has a slight issue. For the most part it works fine, but I have noticed that it sometimes will not stack ammo, and possibly other items correctly. I think this happens when one obtains a chunk of ammo that is greater than the remaining number available for the slot:

For example 762 stacks in 150. Say we have 140 762, then get a loot drops with 30 762. Rather than dropping 10 into the 140, and leaving 20 remainer in a new stack, it will drop either none into the stack (or possibly a random number less than the total spaces) and leaving the remainder in the new stack.  I do not recall this issue without the mod, but to be fair it'sa small inconvenience either way.

<rect name="content2" depth="0" pos="78, -46" width="147" height="223">
				<sprite depth="1" color="[mediumGrey]" type="sliced" on_press="true"/>
				<grid rows="7" cols="1" pos="3,-3" cell_width="147" cell_height="32"  repeat_content="true">
					<forge_material name="0"/>
				</grid>
			</rect>

I think maybe grid row in the above might need to be 6 in the 3 slot forge modlet.

<grid rows="6"

Hope this helps 👍

Edited by stedman420 (see edit history)

After playing a while in MP Coop now we realized the changes with the skill magazines are horrible for our group. We have 3 who go out looting, no issues here, we get enough magazines and parts for our skills. But we also have 2 people who don´t enjoy going out at all and we don´t get a lot of magazines for them, it´s even more of a problem with the parts. They do the mining, crafting, farming, cooking and the very extensive building and they are far behind in progression (so much for TFP and the mods constantly saying this won´t be a problem when people where critizing exactly that problem months ago already) 

So, is there any chance we get a mod for a skillsystem like in DF for vanilla?

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

On 6/24/2023 at 3:30 PM, Dagger Digwillow said:

Getting an error with the 3slotforge causing the forge to pause and a line of yellow text to be across the resource being smelted. The forge does not progress until the forge is turned off and then back on again and the resources picked up and placed back into the slots. 

Will check it later but it was working just fine for me.

11 hours ago, CrazyDave66 said:

Regarding the 96 Slot Backpack  how do you unlock the slots?

JUst loot something. Vanilla has a much lower backpack size that doesn't take effect until you loot something. It's been a problem since A17.

6 hours ago, wolverine576 said:

Could you make a patch for your 15 slot toolbelt to work with SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)?

No

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

After playing a while in MP Coop now we realized the changes with the skill magazines are horrible for our group. We have 3 who go out looting, no issues here, we get enough magazines and parts for our skills. But we also have 2 people who don´t enjoy going out at all and we don´t get a lot of magazines for them, it´s even more of a problem with the parts. They do the mining, crafting, farming, cooking and the very extensive building and they are far behind in progression (so much for TFP and the mods constantly saying this won´t be a problem when people where critizing exactly that problem months ago already) 

I started working on putting back the A20 system. I'll probably work on that again later when I need a DF break.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Wyrd has made a mod on here that makes magazines yield 5 points each.  Certainly not an absolute fix but it might suit your needs as a stop gap.
Personally I'd like to see a mod that makes the mags yield more based on the level of your base skill, so you can specialize more quickly and effectively.

Good Day KhaineGB

Not to be pushy ... just wondering and I love that one, it works so well.  

I don't know why but my whole paragraph got deleted.  ...... SO, I ask again. ... Any thoughts on Wandering Horde mod, per TFP's b323 is most likely going to be the Stable version if no major bugs are found. .......... Thank you and have a great one. ... The OldGamer 😌

14 hours ago, Kostriktor said:

do backpack mods not work since stable a21 ?

They are working fine for my group in stable. Problem must be on your end, are you sire you got it installed correctly?  Check to make sure the directories folder structure goes 7dtd > mods > bigger backpack mod > config/xui.

sometimes it gets extracted wrong and goes 7dtd > mods > bigger backpack mod > BIGGER PACKPACK MOD > config/xui. That will not work.

Khaine, first of all, thank you! I simply refuse to play this game without the modlets.

Question - is there any way to make the lockable inventory slots survive logging out and back in so we don't have to set them every time we boot it up? Not a deal breaker but it would be cool.

Love the Dangerous Cities mod, amazing idea and really adds to the immersion in game when cities have most of the zombie population. Except I am seeing NO zombies, ever in the wilderness. It would be cool if it was at least a very minimal chance that they can spawn out in the country, just so we have to be a little wary when out mining/chopping.