Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

6 hours ago, Lucky2999 said:

When respawning, an error appears. Do I have to force players to manually download the mod with a link? can't I install it only on the server?

99% certainty that your issue is that you only have the mod installed on the server.

This adds new (old) assets to the game so all computers (server and clients) need to have it installed.  Khaine specified that it is not server only mod on the front page.

Hi all. I need help with the mod.

I play in single player mode. "Dangerous Cities" does not work in game. I install this mod in "\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods". Also I installed the "Max Animals/Zombies and Claim Blocks", it didn't change how the mod works, cities remain empty of zombies. What I need to do for the mod to work?

Other mods work in game, for example: "60 Slot Backpack", "Food and Water Bars", "Lockable Inventory Slots".

I'm sorry, I used a translator to write this post.

• 1 month later...

Hey Khaine. Im trying to use either HP Bars and Food and water bars, but neither of them seem to work. Everything remains exactly the same. Im running my dedicated server on 21.1 b16, any idea how to fix it?
Thank you and keep your amazing work

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've been running the 96 slot backpack. With A21.1 I was able to run it with EAC turned off and it would work completely. The slots would be there and all the slots would be usable. With EAC on though the mod only visually worked. I would still only be able to use 45 slots. Now, with the A21.2 update, I can't use it properly at all. It refuses to allow more than 45 slots to be filled. Click and drag does move things to the backpack, but they don't stay there when I leave the game.

I'm too much of a loot whore to use a small backpack. Inventory management is a thing but I simply cannot leave stuff behind. I am losing my mind trying to figure this out. I removed all other mods, didn't fix it. I removed the progression.xml file as that used to cause issues, didn't fix it. I tried with EAC on and with it turned off, same result.

The menu options for max number of animals and land claims has moved to the far right in A21.2 and can no longer be upped, because the arrows get cut off the screen. Anyway to fix this please? If it's just the file that needs to be fixed and you want to tell me which line and how to fix it. I can go in a fix it myself. Thank you!

Is it possible to remove how the slots get selected on the 15 slots tool belt? I tend to switch while running and 1 always goes to 11, while it could be useful for some people, i find it rather annoying. I didn't find anything useful in the binds, any fix for this?

6 hours ago, CajunBeauty said:

The menu options for max number of animals and land claims has moved to the far right in A21.2 and can no longer be upped, because the arrows get cut off the screen. Anyway to fix this please? If it's just the file that needs to be fixed and you want to tell me which line and how to fix it. I can go in a fix it myself. Thank you!

Make sure to make a back up of the file.

1.) Go to 7 days to die folder > config > xui menu > windows.

2.) Search for "xuiGameSettingsGeneral"

3.) Delete the 2 <rect/>. Should look like this when you delete them or you can C+P it.

<rect tab_key="xuiGameSettingsGeneral">
                    <grid pos="6,-40" rows="13" cell_width="525" cell_height="45" repeat_content="false" arrangement="vertical" >
                        <gameoption name="Region" title="goRegion" value_wrap="true" value_type="string" values="NorthAmericaEast,NorthAmericaWest,CentralAmerica,SouthAmerica,Europe,Russia,Asia,MiddleEast,Africa,Oceania" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goRegionName" has_default="false" always_show="true" />
                        <gameoption name="ServerVisibility" title="goServerVisibility" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="" display_names="goServerVisibility0,goServerVisibility1,goServerVisibility2" value_localization_prefix="" />
                        <gameoption name="ServerPassword" title="goPassword" value_wrap="false" value_type="string" values="" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="" is_textinput="true" password_field="true" />
                        <gameoption name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" title="goMaxPlayers" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="1, 2, 4, 8, 16" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goPlayer" />
                        <gameoption name="GameDifficulty" title="goDifficulty" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="" display_names="goDifficulty1,goDifficulty2,goDifficulty3,goDifficulty4,goDifficulty5,goDifficulty6" value_localization_prefix="" />
                        <gameoption name="PersistentPlayerProfiles" title="goPersistentCharacters" value_wrap="false" value_type="bool" values="" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="" />
                        <gameoption name="XPMultiplier" title="goXPMultiplier" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 300" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goXPMultiplierValue" />
                        <gameoption name="DayNightLength" title="goDayLength" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, 120" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goMinute" />
                        <gameoption name="DayLightLength" title="goDayLightLength" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="12, 14, 16, 18" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goDayLightLengthValue" />
                    </grid>
                </rect>

4.) Save and boot the game up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I googled it and saw that there are different ways dependent on different versions, and there are no clear directions with many other people asking the exact same question with no answer. There are also several sites which contain inaccurate or outdated information, and it is impossible to readily discern which link might lead to accurate information.

Thanks for the lack of assistance, you were most unhelpful (and a little rude).

Edited by vom (see edit history)

8 hours ago, vom said:

Yes, I googled it and saw that there are different ways dependent on different versions, and there are no clear directions with many other people asking the exact same question with no answer. There are also several sites which contain inaccurate or outdated information, and it is impossible to readily discern which link might lead to accurate information.

Thanks for the lack of assistance, you were most unhelpful (and a little rude).

First google result when I searched:

https://7daystodiemods.com/how-to-install-7-days-to-die-mods/

Follow the steps as outlined in it and it should work.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

On 12/6/2023 at 3:49 PM, Evol93 said:

Make sure to make a back up of the file.

1.) Go to 7 days to die folder > config > xui menu > windows.

2.) Search for "xuiGameSettingsGeneral"

3.) Delete the 2 <rect/>. Should look like this when you delete them or you can C+P it.

4.) Save and boot the game up.

Thank you! That worked well enough that I can now increase the values again in game!!!

Can you provide more detail on what the mods actually do?

The headshot only mod says that non-headshots do "minimal" damage - how much damage? How do you modify this amount? Does this also affect effects like dismemberment or stumbling? What about spikes/falling?

The wandering horde mod, it is not clear how frequent or large these hordes are, or what kind of zombies are spawned. Set the values to 1 and waited several hours, but no horde.

Edited by vom (see edit history)

14 hours ago, vom said:

Also, the mods trigger an EAC warning on startup, and I have to restart the game everytime I try to start it - is there any way to prevent this from occurring, as it makes it a hassle to login.

Wandering horde mod is c# modlet so EAC has to be disabled

On 12/31/2023 at 6:17 PM, vom said:

Also, the mods trigger an EAC warning on startup, and I have to restart the game everytime I try to start it - is there any way to prevent this from occurring, as it makes it a hassle to login.

As a follow up, you can setup the launcher to always launch with EAC turned off.  That should remove the EAC warning message.  Personally, I have my copy of 7 Days to Die to ask me every time how to launch so when I run a mod that requires EAC to be off, I select it and never get the warning message.

• 2 weeks later...