Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

Right... now i've got some time...

Pickup plants and pumpkins fixed locally.
Cannot reproduce issue on 3 slot forge and the lockable slots mod. This is on a CLEAN game with absolutely no other mods installed, nor is it on a server. It's on SP only.

If you're having issues, you likely have other nonsense installed. I recommend checking both mod folder locations and ensuring they're clean.

3 hours ago, Agame said:

Love the Dangerous Cities mod, amazing idea and really adds to the immersion in game when cities have most of the zombie population. Except I am seeing NO zombies, ever in the wilderness. It would be cool if it was at least a very minimal chance that they can spawn out in the country, just so we have to be a little wary when out mining/chopping.

That's the point of the dangerous cities modlet. It makes cities dangerous, NOT the wilderness.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Wotks for me or I wouldn't have posted them.

hmm.. we talk about this ?

f706e35a57fa8253877affaf301fb738.png.ed36008e5b161c757214e1e5c0ef9749.png

Mod is successfull loaded 🤫

or could it be that my HUD / UI mod can be a cause? I use SMX/ZMX HUD & UI

24 minutes ago, Sixx said:

hmm.. we talk about this ?

f706e35a57fa8253877affaf301fb738.png.ed36008e5b161c757214e1e5c0ef9749.png

Mod is successfull loaded 🤫

or could it be that my HUD / UI mod can be a cause? I use SMX/ZMX HUD & UI

You're using another UI.

I do NOT test my mods with other mods. I only test them with each other and vanilla.

Therefore, it works fine on vanilla.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

You're using another UI.

I do NOT test my mods with other mods. I only test them with each other and vanilla.

Therefore, it works fine on vanilla.

Yes, I use a different UI. but then you don't think about it at the

moment when you're looking for a mistake.

Of course you can't test your mods with all possible UIs

All other mods from you that I have installed run without any problems :)

On 7/5/2023 at 12:53 AM, KhaineGB said:

Right... now i've got some time...

Pickup plants and pumpkins fixed locally.
Cannot reproduce issue on 3 slot forge and the lockable slots mod. This is on a CLEAN game with absolutely no other mods installed, nor is it on a server. It's on SP only.

If you're having issues, you likely have other nonsense installed. I recommend checking both mod folder locations and ensuring they're clean.

That's the point of the dangerous cities modlet. It makes cities dangerous, NOT the wilderness.

Is Dangerous Cities confirmed working for current A21?

I started to change some maxcount and respawndelay numbers in the xml and I see no change in game when I load it, but it does say mod is loading in log.

47 minutes ago, Agame said:

Is Dangerous Cities confirmed working for current A21?

I started to change some maxcount and respawndelay numbers in the xml and I see no change in game when I load it, but it does say mod is loading in log.

Yes, but you may need the max claims/zombies mod and increase the max amount of zombies

Yes ... Dangerous Cities confirmed is working for _ A 21 ... and the zombies can be a few to a Lot depending on time of day, at times I thought I had a roaming horde of them ... it is well Balanced by itself ... unless you want more.

Thank you uploading ... Wandering Hordes ... I just downloaded it and give an update if needed

Take Care and Be Safe ... The OldGamer😌

On 6/12/2023 at 7:34 AM, KhaineGB said:

Wandering Horde Frequency - Folks may know this from JaWoodle's "Anywhere, Anytime" series. It creates random wandering hordes, of a random amount of zombies, a random amount of times per day. How often (in terms of in-game hours) and how many zombies are configurable in the blocks.xml included in the modlet.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The wandering horde mod is ONLY FOR VANILLA!!! It is not for DF. Also please note this version seems to spawn 3-5 zombies more than the maximum you set, for some reason. I do not know why.

Apologies if I have this mixed up with Romero mod. I believe I remember in A20 that the Wandering hordes frequency or Romero mod had issues with multiplayer where hordes didn't seem to spawn. Is this one good for multiplayer? Existing save compatible?

Thanks in advance for what you do. Day 1 I had most all these loaded up.

Absolutely no idea. I have not tested in MP. However it's based on the DF code which DID work in MP in A20 according to various people in discord.

So i'm gonna say it's tentatively ok. Save? SHOULD be fine but no promises. You may have to wait for your next horde to spawn before it kicks in.

Also, haven't seen you for a while, Pickle. Hope you're doing ok :)

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Absolutely no idea. I have not tested in MP. However it's based on the DF code which DID work in MP in A20 according to various people in discord.

So i'm gonna say it's tentatively ok. Save? SHOULD be fine but no promises. You may have to wait for your next horde to spawn before it kicks in.

Also, haven't seen you for a while, Pickle. Hope you're doing ok :)

Sounds good I'll be giving it a go this weekend. Lifes going forward, always good times. Hope your well also.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:34 AM, KhaineGB said:

Wandering Horde Frequency - Folks may know this from JaWoodle's "Anywhere, Anytime" series. It creates random wandering hordes, of a random amount of zombies, a random amount of times per day. How often (in terms of in-game hours) and how many zombies are configurable in the blocks.xml included in the modlet.

Working great on server. Had our first horde 20 mins into loading it up. Thanks for providing this alpha update so quick. Now to increase minimum horde size to 60! 🤤

Edit: Going to start out at 40 min and 50 max. Saw the recommendation in blocks.xml. Hopefully the zombie optimizations the devs did will make it so that can go higher.

Edited by Picklefart (see edit history)

Thanks for these great mods! I just have one question. Is it possible to make a version of the Extra Tool and Output Slots mod that only needs server side installation? Unfortunately a vanilla client crashes right after player creation with an array index out of bounds error. The code for these doesn't seem to be available so I'm unable to analyze this myself.

Thanks!

Oh my, as a warning for anyone else that may see this. Removing the "Extra Tool and Output Slots" from an ongoing save will cause all chunks with workstations to be reset when the game tries to load them! Thank goodness for hourly backups.

Edited by MrGrim (see edit history)

3 hours ago, MrGrim said:

Thanks for these great mods! I just have one question. Is it possible to make a version of the Extra Tool and Output Slots mod that only needs server side installation? Unfortunately a vanilla client crashes right after player creation with an array index out of bounds error. The code for these doesn't seem to be available so I'm unable to analyze this myself.

Thanks!

Oh my, as a warning for anyone else that may see this. Removing the "Extra Tool and Output Slots" from an ongoing save will cause all chunks with workstations to be reset when the game tries to load them! Thank goodness for hourly backups.

No. It needs a C# patch.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)