Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

7 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day Sir

You might want to check "Max Animals/Zombie & Claim Blocks Mod .... I've tried all setting above default 64 and not getting anything more than default and after b317 update ... I saw almost No wandering z's in game ... just the normal POI ones and I'm based in a big city.

Have a Great Weekend and Enjoy. The OldGamer😌

PS: Will be you be working on "Wandering Horde Frequency" in the near future or waiting until game goes Stable?

GamePref.MaxSpawnedAnimals = 75
GamePref.MaxSpawnedZombies = 100

That's from my log, so it seems to be working correctly. Wandering horde is going to take time.

3 hours ago, mrblueplaydoh said:

I'm sorry but looks like I'm the only one with an issue, I have a number over the top of a number where you select how many slots you want to lock, also you can not change the number of locked slots while you're in a storage box.

Not sure what is wrong with mine.

Cannot reproduce. My guess is that it's the dukes display. I'll move it to the left side

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...

Updated the Zombie Reach modlet for the new alpha as it didn't work correctly (it should now).
Moved the arrows and numbers for the lockable inventory slot mod to the left side of the backpack so the dukes counter can't get in the way

Both updates pushed.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

GamePref.MaxSpawnedAnimals = 75
GamePref.MaxSpawnedZombies = 100

That's from my log, so it seems to be working correctly. Wandering horde is going to take time.

Cannot reproduce. My guess is that it's the dukes display. I'll move it to the left side

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...

Updated the Zombie Reach modlet for the new alpha as it didn't work correctly (it should now).
Moved the arrows and numbers for the lockable inventory slot mod to the left side of the backpack so the dukes counter can't get in the way

Both updates pushed.

This is what i see.

7days2die.png

EDIT

Ok i deleted the A21 mod and installed A20 and its all working now.

Edited by mrblueplaydoh (see edit history)

On 6/12/2023 at 2:30 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Very nice. Didn´t expect this so fast. Thanks.

Just a quick question: Is it possible to have a modlet for not having to smelt materials in the forge? 

There is a mod I found that does this or at least claims to, haven't tested it. But what the files tells me is that they changed the forge to work like a workbench and you craft the items with resources in your inventory. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2932

On 6/13/2023 at 4:55 PM, mrspinn said:

Damn! You move fast! Only thing missing from my a21 modpack now is the ability to craft/repair from nearby containers...

There is a mod for this and for a21, haven't tested it yet so don't know if it works, though you can't use EAC with it as it changes core files. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2196

Hey Khaine, since you have the wonderful Tool Belt and and Backpack size changing mods, any chance you might slap one together for vehicles as well? I know Lam's got one, but the one he's got doesn't work with A21, and he's stated he's not planning to do any mod updating till things become stable, lol.

Thank you for the hard work, Khaine. I do have a question, how would I go about restricting the headshot mod to only altering the basic zombies? I was wanting to customize the mod to make those be akin to Romero zombies while leaving ferals and radiated to be more like other movie types like 28 days later, while also not touching spiders, zombie animals, or other special zombies with boss tags. I've been looking through tutorials on how to set conditionals but I am not sure I am grasping it.

Khaine,

Love DF and thanks much for the modlets!  Sent you a coffee - enjoy!  Downloaded several modlets, loaded and worked great.  Then went to download the 15-slot backpack modlet, and got a caution warning from google that This file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous.     When clicked on "Keep," it then warned me that even if I've downloaded files here before, this file might have been hacked.

Is this some sort of benign artifact, i.e., characteristics of this file trigger this warning somehow?  If it had been hacked, wanted to call it to your attention as a help.  Please advise.  And thanks again for all you do to keep this game fun and fresh for the rest of us.  

3 hours ago, Overkillengine said:

Thank you for the hard work, Khaine. I do have a question, how would I go about restricting the headshot mod to only altering the basic zombies? I was wanting to customize the mod to make those be akin to Romero zombies while leaving ferals and radiated to be more like other movie types like 28 days later, while also not touching spiders, zombie animals, or other special zombies with boss tags. I've been looking through tutorials on how to set conditionals but I am not sure I am grasping it.

Here is an example of what I came up with but I am not sure if my syntax is correct?

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[
                    contains((@name, 'zombie')
                    and not contains(@name, 'Radiated')
                    and not contains(@name, 'Feral'))
                    or contains((@name, 'zombie')
                    and not contains(@name, 'Feral'))
                    or contains((@name, 'zombie')
                    and not contains(@name, 'Radiated'))
                ]">
        <effect_group>
            <passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-1">
                <requirement name="!HitLocation" body_parts="Head"/>
                <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="walker"/>
            </passive_effect>
        </effect_group>
    </append>

I think I was making it overly complex, I think I got what I wanted to work like so, posting this in case anyone else wants it:

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[(contains(@name, 'zombie')) and not (contains(@name, 'Feral') or contains(@name, 'Radiated'))]">
        <effect_group>
            </passive_effect>
        </effect_group>
    </append>

Hello, I have a problem with a larger backpack for 96 places, the size of the backpack increases but there are only 50 slots and the rest of the places are not even highlighted as blocked, only empty space. Do you know how to fix it??spacer.png

2 hours ago, Overkillengine said:

I think I was making it overly complex, I think I got what I wanted to work like so, posting this in case anyone else wants it:

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[(contains(@name, 'zombie')) and not (contains(@name, 'Feral') or contains(@name, 'Radiated'))]">
        <effect_group>
            </passive_effect>
        </effect_group>
    </append>

Oh derp, just realized I spent all that time trying to get syntax to parse that I missed that the way this modlet works is by applying an effect to the player, not the zombies. If I wanted to filter out ferals and radiated zombies I'd need to figure out how to get it to exclude those from the requirements section I think.

Hello Khaine thank you for all your hard work. I have a question about the headshot mod. I want to play on insane and turn up zombie numbers, but I want headshots to kill immediately.  Is there a way that someone who isn't an expert on editing files can make that happen? Thank you in advance ☺️ 

4 hours ago, Dangergirl said:

Hello Khaine thank you for all your hard work. I have a question about the headshot mod. I want to play on insane and turn up zombie numbers, but I want headshots to kill immediately.  Is there a way that someone who isn't an expert on editing files can make that happen? Thank you in advance ☺️ 

This would be the easiest way to achieve that: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2241?tab=description  in addition to Khaines mod.

It hasn't been updated to A21 but they don't appear to have changed the dismember multiplier entries so it should work fine.

*Edit: Forgot to add you are still going to have difficulties with a few Zombies, notably Big Boy and Fat Cop because hitting their head can be difficult, as well as Soldiers, Bikers and possibly Utility (I cant recall if the Utility guys head counts as Armored or not), because of the Armor, which makes instagib headshots on them kind of a crapshoot.

Edited by Skullfracture
addendum (see edit history)

On 6/17/2023 at 3:18 PM, Zeinath said:

Hey Khaine, since you have the wonderful Tool Belt and and Backpack size changing mods, any chance you might slap one together for vehicles as well? I know Lam's got one, but the one he's got doesn't work with A21, and he's stated he's not planning to do any mod updating till things become stable, lol.

I wasn't planning to.

On 6/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, Dagger Digwillow said:

Getting an issue on A21 3forge Slots mod

EXC MissingMethodException Method not found: void .itemvalue.ModifyValue(EntitiyAlive.ItemValue.PassiveEffects.Single&.Single&.FastTags.bool)

The 3 slot forge moe doesn't mess with anything like that. It's just UI.

On 6/18/2023 at 10:51 AM, Overkillengine said:

You'd need to add extra tags to the zombies you don't want to be affected and then exclude them from the effect via a requirement.

On 6/18/2023 at 1:03 PM, ryan8438 said:

Khaine,

Love DF and thanks much for the modlets!  Sent you a coffee - enjoy!  Downloaded several modlets, loaded and worked great.  Then went to download the 15-slot backpack modlet, and got a caution warning from google that This file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous.     When clicked on "Keep," it then warned me that even if I've downloaded files here before, this file might have been hacked.

Is this some sort of benign artifact, i.e., characteristics of this file trigger this warning somehow?  If it had been hacked, wanted to call it to your attention as a help.  Please advise.  And thanks again for all you do to keep this game fun and fresh for the rest of us.  

Thank you for the coffee. :) That's a normal warning because the mod uses a DLL file to make the toolbelt bigger and DLL's are normally where dodgy code reside.

16 hours ago, ktrain said:

Is there any way to adjust the pickup plants mod to respect trader protection?

Probably not. I was pretty sure it already did though since you couldn't pick up stones in trader protection in A20.

13 hours ago, TonyPL said:

Hello, I have a problem with a larger backpack for 96 places, the size of the backpack increases but there are only 50 slots and the rest of the places are not even highlighted as blocked, only empty space. Do you know how to fix it??spacer.png

It doesn't do this on my machine. I'd check if you have any other mods messing with the backpack.

9 hours ago, Dangergirl said:

You could take the headshot only mod and tweak it to massively increase damage on a headshot rather than lowering damage on a non-headshot.

sorry but i'm still getting a WRN on zombie reach.

WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReachAdjust" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombie01']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 3 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReachAdjust" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieShort']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 4 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReachAdjust" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieShortFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 5 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReachAdjust" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieBurning']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 6 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReachAdjust" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieBurningFeral']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 7 at pos 3)

<config>
    <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']">
        <effect_group>
                <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="zombie"/>
            </passive_effect>
        </effect_group>
    </append>
</config>

I think you might mean this to edit the damage. It's negative 1. Would anyone have a suggestion as I am not sure what number to put in to have headshots insta kill. I woud put in 100 is that good or would it be -100? The minus symbol is throwing me off. Thank you in advance

Edited by Dangergirl (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Dangergirl said:

<config>
    <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']">
        <effect_group>
                <requirement name="EntityTagCompare" target="other" tags="zombie"/>
            </passive_effect>
        </effect_group>
    </append>
</config>

I think you might mean this to edit the damage. It's negative 1. Would anyone have a suggestion as I am not sure what number to put in to have headshots insta kill. I would put in 100 is that good or would it be -100? The minus symbol is throwing me off. Thank you in advance

Ok so damage modifier means this is a multiplier so setting to 100 might be rather excessive. The above snippet seems to be making it so you do almost no damage to anywhere but the head. The "!" in front of HitLocation means not so not HitLocation head.

To get more damage to head shots simply copy that entire effect_group and past it below that one(but still above the </append>), then rename DamageModifier to HeadDamageModifier and set the -1 to 1 or 2 and remove the ! before HitLocation. This would give you 1 to 2 times more damage to only the head. This could even be taken further to only include the tags of the zombies you want to do more headshot damage to.

Edited by stedman420 (see edit history)