Are the Devs just dumb?

Vansanity33

4 hours ago, Vansanity33 said:

Why do they continually change things the community doesn't want changed? Add stuff that no one cares about? Don't add stuff that is continually asked for. Thank God for the modding community bcuz the devs just don't get it. 

Looks like this is your first post.  Welcome to the forums!  Are you here to genuinely interact or is this just a drive by ambiguous rant?  Game is in Alpha, things will continue to change and get polished leading up to the gold release.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Looks like this is your first post.  Welcome to the forums!  Are you hear to genuinely interact or is this just a drive by ambiguous rant?  Game is an Alpha, things will continue to change and get polished leading up to the gold release.

How dare you, dev!

4 hours ago, Roland said:

*taps mic*

Test..testing…1..2..3… ahem…Could we please have The Committee on What Nobody Asked For please come forward?  We have some questions for you. Thank you. 

Question: Do we use the Pimp Dreams forum not to ask for things, or some other forum?

13 hours ago, Vansanity33 said:

Why do they continually change things the community doesn't want changed? Add stuff that no one cares about? Don't add stuff that is continually asked for. Thank God for the modding community bcuz the devs just don't get it. 

rather then trying to explain... here is this because apparently you missed it?

early access.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Looks like this is your first post.  Welcome to the forums!  Are you here to genuinely interact or is this just a drive by ambiguous rant?  Game is in Alpha, things will continue to change and get polished leading up to the gold release.

I think more and more people just came here for some time to complain in very rude and don't wrote anything constuctive. Idk if this is conneted with YT/twitch creators or what

20 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

I think more and more people just came here for some time to complain in very rude and don't wrote anything constuctive. Idk if this is conneted with YT/twitch creators or what

Not sure...but it wouldn't be the first time... 😁

48 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

You know... we COULD do a poll about this... :'D

another poll with the same 10-20 people like all the others polls before here on the forum... not enough info with so little participants. :)

But... since a very large supply of games are from steam, then there should be a steam poll to see if a wider crowd chimes in when they launch 7dtd.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

9 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

another poll with the same 10-20 people like all the others polls before here on the forum... not enough info with so little participants. :)

But... since a very large supply of games are from steam, then there should be a steam poll to see if a wider crowd chimes in when they launch 7dtd.

Did anyone ever think of advertising those polls on the steam forum, twitter and the facebook site? I have never seen anything about forum polls on steam. Not sure about facebook and twitter.

If TFP is serious with wanting feedback via polls they should do that.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

If TFP is serious with wanting feedback via polls they should do that.

They have a sub forum called Pimp Dreams for that specific reason.  They also read posts and participate in discussions.  Seems like they are already serious about feedback.

48 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

They have a sub forum called Pimp Dreams for that specific reason.  They also read posts and participate in discussions.  Seems like they are already serious about feedback.

That doesn´t change the fact that if only forum regulars vote on polls on here that they are basically useless.

I mean one could claim that it´s the fault of the people not coming here, but it´s 2022. Like it or not, but the classic forum is a relict from another age by now.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That doesn´t change the fact that if only forum regulars vote on polls on here that they are basically useless.

I mean one could claim that it´s the fault of the people not coming here, but it´s 2022. Like it or not, but the classic forum is a relict from another age by now.

Not rly @pApA^LeGBa :

discord is a mess -->  i have few game groups on discord and there is two types of groups : 1. this is just channel of  annoucment , for screen send by devs and few open channels just about everything even not conneted with game 2. it's not possible to make convesration in for example in suggestion category because in one moment nobody is sure who is talking about which suggestion etc. . So yeah - forum is the best option and.... offical one

13 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

Well forum is "main" of 7DTD right? So there should be not poll but just annocement - if someone rly care about this game won't have problem to create account just to take part in poll right?

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

I don't think your point is whether or not the devs listen to feedback on the game (which they obviously do), I think the point you want is for them to always act on feedback if a majority of people want something in a poll.

My point is that polls are useless if only members of this forum vote. Nothing more. Not implying anything else. Literally just about the polls. Simply mentioned other platforms because the majority of players never have been here.

I didn´t judge anything about feedback and dev interaction besides polls at all.

@Matt115 I didn´t say other platforms are better. I said they are way more used. You are right. A forum is the best way to handle a discussion about a game in development. But the numbers speak for itself. You can get more likes in an hour for a picture of your base in  private facebook groups than you will have overall votes on a poll in this forum.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

My point is that polls are useless if only members of this forum vote. Nothing more. Not implying anything else. Literally just about the polls. Simply mentioned other platforms because the majority of players never have been here.

I didn´t judge anything about feedback and dev interaction besides polls at all.

@Matt115 I didn´t say other platforms are better. I said they are way more used. You are right. A forum is the best way to handle a discussion about a game in development. But the numbers speak for itself. You can get more likes in an hour for a picture of your base in  private facebook groups than you will have overall votes on a poll in this forum.

I mean that's a point - people love to trolling. That's true. During 2012 in Poland as anthem of EURO 2012 was choosen very... strange song because people were voting this just "for fun" because send cheap SMS is not big deal right?

So There should be annoucment about pool on twitter steam yt etc. But pool should be here. Why?  Reason in very simple - i think if someone want to just trolling and choice the most "funny" option not the best for game. So this person won't waste of time just to create account to take part in pools. Mostly will only create people who rly like 7dtd. 

So it's much better to have just 100 votes people who love this game that 10 000 people while most of them can just trolling and always choice the most  absurd options. Trust me - if TFP would create pools in places like twitch and start asking thing i'm complete sure that after some time it's would looks like people want "memes the game"

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Did anyone ever think of advertising those polls on the steam forum, twitter and the facebook site?

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

My point is that polls are useless if only members of this forum vote. Nothing more. Not implying anything else. Literally just about the polls.

Good point. Problem is there has never been an official poll put out regarding game development ever. Developing by popular opinion has never been their model. Any and all polls created here have always been unofficial polls put out by community members for fun and to stimulate discussion. 

so yes the polls on here have been useless but not just because they aren’t advertised in multiple locations. TFP doesn’t poll.