This is the kind of point of view that makes me go facepalm about some reviewers.

Kyonshi

6 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

I've tried Darkness Falls. They have all kinds of new zombies, as well as survivors and they look terrible. So do the new vehicles. Just my 2¢

Yeash that's true DF looks terrible

5 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Not just the one change you mentioned, all the changes you mentioned.  All those changes can either (at a minimum) be an overhaul mod or (at most) a completely different game.

Though some of those things you would want are simply xml modifications, using free assets from the unity store.

Well overhaul mod - yes. i saw new workbenches, perks redesign in mods. So well this can be done - this would need a lot of work but i think it's possible. About RWG- Hm.... Idk how "signs" on road or barriers were made but if this was added this mean that tree with hangman or car with skeleton inside can be possible to add too. As rework of POI - i mean mostly change in "cosmetic" stuff like --> add new corpses, change variant of spikes, diffrent loot etc.

Something like survivors colony is in war of the walkers - just big outpost with few traders.

So everything except  gun jaming was added in mods until now

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

Awesome! lol

night of living dead + dawn of dead reference - watch if you have a while

Btw. After released of Ascesion COD bo1 dlc i hate animal zombies. On this map you fight with zombie and monkey  zombie - hard to hit + destroing perks machnes. RE 5 - reaper. I hate zombie animals because usually are annoing as hell. So i prefere zombie humans/ mutants because - are not jumping as hell and pretty easy to shot

@Roland which zombie games do you like?

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

So you meant Romero?

I thought you were making a Shakespearean reference…

Yes i mean George Romero.  i always mistake Romeo with Romero. I offten just "change" letters - well even in polish some words in polish i write in few diffrent "ways" XD so sorry for that

I love his zombie movies. Yes now looks pretty "silly" but still looks good. Even diary of the dead is pretty good.

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, if he did, at least we'd know what those teens died of, before becoming zombies... 

Geez XD this is so edgy.

I like this! ^^ 

But more seriously - well that's why i think teens as zombie in games accetable because it was even in first zombie movie. And often there is a trop 

" he/she is just a kid' " no longer, it is a ZOMBIE!" " i can't kill him/her"  < first person died or almost is killed because of that> i met with this trope even in vampire movie

17 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Geez XD this is so edgy.

I like this! ^^ 

But more seriously - well that's why i think teens as zombie in games accetable because it was even in first zombie movie. And often there is a trop 

" he/she is just a kid' " no longer, it is a ZOMBIE!" " i can't kill him/her"  < first person died or almost is killed because of that> i met with this trope even in vampire movie

(A) You watch a move once, maybe a few times, but the shock of a small child being zombified and biting someone, that feeling you will get only the first time and only if it is still a surprise. In a game, especially one you play for hundreds of hours that "shock" is fast forgotten and you just see another small zombie where you have to aim lower. 

I played a mod which had a baby zombie. The only difference I felt when I saw it was that it was difficult to spot and shoot in high grass. 

(B) Many countries do not allow childs to be killed in games because the players is not watcher but actor, HE kills the child. And they think that that will lower the inhibition threshold. Even if that opinion were not correct the minimal gain (see A) is not really worth the big problems (B).

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Even if that opinion were not correct the minimal gain (see A) and the big problems (B) are not in a worthwile relation.

That's the "paved with good intentions" bit, though. Sure this specific topic is pretty moot, but if the "ban" isn't even effective, it's just a pointless step towards "we can prevent speech we don't like with little to no evidence". The step has been taken already, but that doesn't make it right.

I might be a tad too close to politics for this forum, though, so I'll leave it at that.

22 minutes ago, meganoth said:

(A) You watch a move once, maybe a few times, but the shock of a small child being zombified and biting someone not able to kill it you will get only the first time. In a game, especially one you play for hundreds of hours that "shock" is fast forgotten and you just see another small zombie where you have to aim lower. 

I played a mod which had a baby zombie. The only difference I felt when I saw it was that it was difficult to spot and shot in high grass. 

(B) Many countries do not allow childs to be killed in games because the players is not watcher but actor, HE kills the child. And they think that that will lower the inhibition threshold. Even if that opinion were not correct the minimal gain (see A) and the big problems (B) are not in a healthy relation. 

"another small zombie where you have to aim lower." - Well this depends on game - in no more room in hell zombie kids are fast zombie - maybe they don't deal a lot of dmg but the most important - slow you down and have chance to infect you. In days gone they are jumping like spiders in groups and most time are passive. 

I only found alma from F.e.a.r as zombiee so idk which mod you played. If zombie is slow fact that is smaller well isn't big deal but if was fast it would be bigger change from gameplay point of view. Well ofc the best option would be if they were something like "mini spider zombie" but i think it would be too much work for modders. So yeah - "normal but smaller" zombie don't sound pretty interesting but - vulture is hard because is hard to hit so --> even with low hp but hard to hit jumping kid zombie could be harder enemy. 

Mods are this  good situation that are not banned - so if let say 7dtd would be banned because of that --> mods will not.

And honestly - in most countries Days gone, dead space and no more room in hell2 are legal so... if this  game would be banned - this would be probably in countries like Australia or  Arabic countires - but honestly in such countires 7dtd should be banned because diffrent reason -- 7dtd have steroids.

So if Days gone wasn't banned --> modders don't have nothing to worry about and TFP if their next game will be zombie game

Just now, Matt115 said:

"another small zombie where you have to aim lower." - Well this depends on game - in no more room in hell zombie kids are fast zombie - maybe they don't deal a lot of dmg but the most important - slow you down and have chance to infect you. In days gone they are jumping like spiders in groups and most time are passive. 

You can make ANY zombie fast and he will be hard to target, or group him to make him dangerous, or let him infect you. You don't need child zombies for this.

Just now, Matt115 said:

I only found alma from F.e.a.r as zombiee so idk which mod you played. If zombie is slow fact that is smaller well isn't big deal but if was fast it would be bigger change from gameplay point of view. Well ofc the best option would be if they were something like "mini spider zombie" but i think it would be too much work for modders. So yeah - "normal but smaller" zombie don't sound pretty interesting but - vulture is hard because is hard to hit so --> even with low hp but hard to hit jumping kid zombie could be harder enemy. 

Remember that you said above that you don't like animal zombies because they are hard to hit? Why then do you bring that as an advantage for zombie childs when it is a disadvantage against zombie animals?

Just now, Matt115 said:

Mods are this  good situation that are not banned - so if let say 7dtd would be banned because of that --> mods will not.

And honestly - in most countries Days gone, dead space and no more room in hell2 are legal so... if this  game would be banned - this would be probably in countries like Australia or  Arabic countires - but honestly in such countires 7dtd should be banned because diffrent reason -- 7dtd have steroids.

So if Days gone wasn't banned --> modders don't have nothing to worry about and TFP if their next game will be zombie game

48 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You can make ANY zombie fast and he will be hard to target, or group him to make him dangerous, or let him infect you. You don't need child zombies for this.

Remember that you said above that you don't like animal zombies because they are hard to hit? Why then do you bring that as an advantage for zombie childs when it is a disadvantage against zombie animals?

Ofc not meganoth - try enZombies mod - it's much harder to hit midget. If you have a while play in no more room in hell 

Okay: to be more clear here - there is small border between hard to hit and terrible to hit -  vultures in 7dtd are annoing but Serious sam harpy is cool because is bigger. 

In older cods on zombie you had point system connected with "hits" - so you have to use "low" dmg SMG to be effective. Monkey are soo hard to hit so you have to use shotgun + they damaged perks machines. Annoying as hell. 

If 7dtd was set in jungle, africa india etc. and zombie monkey would be a little bit smaller that zombie dogs - i would never complain about that. 

Or if 7dtd was linear game set in lab or small area like The forest island.

But how could you explain monkeys in high number in USA state outside?

Okay  then you have RE5 crocodiles and DI drowned zombies - RE5 crocodiles are so hard to see and need few round to kill so you have too "learn" patter where they are. In dI drowned zombie just float on the water.

Re 5 have you kipepeo - are pretty annoing flying bugs because hard to hit + you have to stand to shot while in RE6 J'avo ( smart zombie) have flying variant -- it's a little bit harder to hit that normal J'avo but can hit you much easier that normal enemy.

So in short - it's advantege because are something between to hard to hit  zombie small animals and easy to hit zombies

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Ofc not meganoth - try enZombies mod - it's much harder to hit midget. If you have a while play in no more room in hell 

Okay: to be more clear here - there is small border between hard to hit and terrible to hit -  vultures in 7dtd are annoing but Serious sam harpy is cool because is bigger. 

In older cods on zombie you had point system connected with "hits" - so you have to use "low" dmg SMG to be effective. Monkey are soo hard to hit so you have to use shotgun + they damaged perks machines. Annoying as hell. 

If 7dtd was set in jungle, africa india etc. and zombie monkey would be a little bit smaller that zombie dogs - i would never complain about that. 

Or if 7dtd was linear game set in lab or small area like The forest island.

But how could you explain monkeys in high number in USA state outside?

Okay  then you have RE5 crocodiles and DI drowned zombies - RE5 crocodiles are so hard to see and need few round to kill so you have too "learn" patter where they are. In dI drowned zombie just float on the water.

Re 5 have you kipepeo - are pretty annoing flying bugs because hard to hit + you have to stand to shot while in RE6 J'avo ( smart zombie) have flying variant -- it's a little bit harder to hit that normal J'avo but can hit you much easier that normal enemy.

So in short - it's advantege because are something between to hard to hit  zombie small animals and easy to hit zombies

This still doesn't explain why you think child zombies are the only answer here. What you're asking for in terms of a zombie that is fast, small and erratic can be accomplished without including children in the game. Hell, spider zombie already meets these requirements to a certain extent. I really think they could just make a few adjustments to it's behavior and it would be exactly what you're looking for.

31 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

This still doesn't explain why you think child zombies are the only answer here. What you're asking for in terms of a zombie that is fast, small and erratic can be accomplished without including children in the game. Hell, spider zombie already meets these requirements to a certain extent. I really think they could just make a few adjustments to it's behavior and it would be exactly what you're looking for.

No, spider would be just "upg." version - i mean something a little bit smaller that spider zombie, 25% less hp that normal zombie 50% dmg of normal zombie but pack like dogs.

so what's a option to create something like that but not being just smaller spider zombie but still suit into setting?

Btw this is no problem for mods to add something because that why mods exist. As @meganoth wrote - something like that was adding in mods before

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

No, spider would be just "upg." version - i mean something a little bit smaller that spider zombie, 25% less hp that normal zombie 50% dmg of normal zombie but pack like dogs.

so what's a option to create something like that but not being just smaller spider zombie but still suit into setting?

Btw this is no problem for mods to add something because that why mods exist. As @meganoth wrote - something like that was adding in mods before

Chickens and rabbits. And don´t say that´s just funny. In Apocalypse Now there is hostile chickens and rabbits. It might sound funny when you hear it first. But once you died from chickens twice on day one, you will fear every chicken and rabbit you see. Those @%$#s are fast and  sneak up on you and until you realize something at your feet is hurting you, it might be to late. They are only dangerous very early in game though.

If we can have zombie vultures, bears and dogs we can have smaller zombie animals aswell.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Chickens and rabbits. And don´t say that´s just funny. In Apocalypse Now there is hostile chickens and rabbits. It might sound funny when you hear it first. But once you died from chickens twice on day one, you will fear every chicken and rabbit you see. Those @%$#s are fast and  sneak up on you and until you realize something at your feet is hurting you, it might be to late. They are only dangerous very early in game though.

If we can have zombie vultures, bears and dogs we can have smaller zombie animals aswell.

Honestly that's a problem. I'm so tired about that.  i'm tired about "funny" things because most of them are cringy for me - Fortnite, cod anime skins, a lot of gamescome games from this year.  Okay i like some lighter games too - vampires surviors or serious sam but there is lack for me pretty serious zombie games - well we have RE8 - but re7 wasn't zombie game, RE8? it's not zombie game ( there is zombie type of enemy but most time you fight with werewolfes  and supermutants). Okay i was disspointed - Cod became just fanfic. NZA was rly good until they change into more  "dark zombie parody" in NZA4 dead war. Days gone was just wow - serious story, serious topics, good constructred world even evritoment telling was good but.. no chance for DG2. DL1 was pretty solid zombie game while DL2 looks like made by generator - and this is not only my opinion.

Only serious zombie game in development is no more room in hell 2. This game looks soo good and have good world building. i just hope they will keep this style. 

Well L4D2 was good zombie game - serious with some elements of dark humor but in pretty realistic style - even during war soldiers are joking.  While B4B.... it was moment when i don't even i was angry i was just dissapointed. 

i love zombie parody like dead snow or zombieland - but you have mostly serious movies and tv show and few comedy while in game sitautions you have a lot "funny" games and only few serious

So sorry about my .... let's say dark over and over but not everyone want "funny things" - mummies, metal zombies, zombies with minguns, gigantic hornets, Bigfoot, demons, goblins etc. looks just cringy in 7dtd mods

4 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Honestly that's a problem. I'm so tired about that.  i'm tired about "funny" things because most of them are cringy for me - Fortnite, cod anime skins, a lot of gamescome games from this year. 

Nobody's forcing you to play any funny games or use funny mods.  Not sure why you are so tired of them.

8 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Nobody's forcing you to play any funny games or use funny mods.  Not sure why you are so tired of them.

There exist no games at the level of horror, debauchery, shock value, and infanticide that Matt desires and so all he can play are games that to him are just a mockery of those things. 🤪

9 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Nobody forcing but if you for example check next released game you have only .... a plague tale because idk which way they will go with callipso proctocol so i'm worring this will be L4D2 and B4B situation again.

So yes nobody forcing me but there is lack of alteranitve games - if watched for example gamescome --> most new annouced game are just "for fun".  So  - if there is nothing to play and you want to play in something you don't have big alternative

1 hour ago, Roland said:

There exist no games at the level of horror, debauchery, shock value, and infanticide that Matt desires and so all he can play are games that to him are just a mockery of those things. 🤪

Yes there exists :)

L4D2- i love that's style : focus on small details, rly good design of maps,  characters props, very complexed lore ,references, and logic in map development - not only are good from gameplay  but reliable too. Honestly - it's shame that there is no L4D3 because playing on this same campaing is a little bit boring after 370 - mods campain have big chance to crash so exisit only theoretical.

Days gone - good world and environment building, brave in logical and justifiable way, a big focus on details, interesting characters, a lot of lore,

Dead space 1&2  - rly good horror, unique but logical undead designs, interesting character , and environment story telling.

"infanticide" is not something neccesary - l4d2 don't have this but it's explain why there is no zombie animals and kids. In days gone except one story mission in warehouse situation --> zombie kids are passive and there is no need to fight with them except situation when your hp is low, even in one mission you are trying to cure one of them but vaccine is valid.  Even in old painkiller you have kids in orphanage level but game is set in hell/purgatory so there is logical explanation why this kids attack you - they are just evil. So i don't want just thing edgy to be edgy but i want "serious" stuff - days gone is pretty serious this same thing with dead space or no more room in hell 2.

I would be pretty happy even world building was improved in 7dtd. POI's in 7dtd are interesting from gameplay point of view and are high quality -it's not past and copy but lack of enviroment telling hurt a lot.

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

l4d2 don't have this but it's explain why there is no zombie animals and kids.

So all we need is one note that can be found in a lab where a scientist logs that the turning process has been observed to be too traumatic for children and they always die before the process is complete and you would never bring up child zombies again?

I’ll write the note today and ask @schwanz9000 to add it in this week!

31 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

So i don't want just thing edgy to be edgy but i want "serious" stuff

*taps mic*

Hello!  Is this on?  Ahem! Could we have The Serious Pimps come forward please?  We need a game design by TSP stat!

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Days gone - good world and environment building, brave in logical and justifiable way, a big focus on details, interesting characters, a lot of lore,

Please, NO! I had to refund that game because of the linear maps and restricted world.

It's just the same old, same old, remix of fixed game mechanics and almost linear gameplay.

I was in the middle of a "story mission" and wandered a bit too far from the "intended" path... then the "mission failed" message appeared! WHAT!!?? --> Refunded