This is the kind of point of view that makes me go facepalm about some reviewers.

Kyonshi

2 hours ago, Roland said:

So all we need is one note that can be found in a lab where a scientist logs that the turning process has been observed to be too traumatic for children and they always die before the process is complete and you would never bring up child zombies again?

I’ll write the note today and ask @schwanz9000 to add it in this week!

Well yes. That's why i love l4d2- witch is only "passive" zombie - why? there is small detail. Witches loves sugar. Sounds stupid? maybe but his is very important - witch probably don't care about survivors if they don't angry because their mental state connected with pain. Fat in burned out so witch is always hungry that's why witches love sugar because carbohydrates. This have lot of sense.  

About zombie kids - this explanation was used in RE5 and note about that can be found on "lake" level - this explain why chickens are ignored by parasites - and this explanation works well. Honestly i love something like that i love when in one game is hole but it's explained 3 games later.  I love looking for lore in games

49 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Please, NO! I had to refund that game because of the linear maps and restricted world.

It's just the same old, same old, remix of fixed game mechanics and almost linear gameplay.

I was in the middle of a "story mission" and wandered a bit too far from the "intended" path... then the "mission failed" message appeared! WHAT!!?? --> Refunded

During story missions? Yeah but after "farm" mission you have to go whatever you want - there is a lot of thing to do - Nero outpost, zombie hordes, cards, bandits outposts etc.

"remix of fixed game mechanic" - what do you expected? you are not scientist leader or something like that - you are just guy who doing jobs to survive another day. This works like 7dtd traders missions. it's change after few hours - you probably refounded after 1- 1,5 h. 

Well wandered mean mission failed is pretty normal in consol games like in Assasin creed. Because devs expect that players will do what they want because devs want to tell a story.  But play in days gone for gameplay is like playing for MGS4 or in FF7 Crysis core for gameplay. Here story, world building , lore, environtment story is main meat of this game.  Fatal Frame is terrible from gameplay point of view but so perfect about lore, ghost, refrences etc.

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

During story missions? Yeah but after "farm" mission you have to go whatever you want - there is a lot of thing to do - Nero outpost, zombie hordes, cards, bandits outposts etc.

So, after you complete the "story mission" (which after a couple of hours of gameplay I was still in, apparently) you're free to go and do whatever you like?

"remix of fixed game mechanic" - what do you expected? you are not scientist leader or something like that - you are just guy who doing jobs to survive another day. This works like 7dtd traders missions. it's change after few hours - you probably refounded after 1- 1,5 h. 

No, I'm not talking about that. By "remix of fixed game mechanics" I mean that those FPS/RPGs like that one use always the same restricted engine, which will only allow to interact with the world the way THEY decided in the "editor".

If you want to burn something, you can only burn nests because they're fixed points they decided you could burn (no real fire mechanics there).

If you want to dismantle or loot something, you can only do that on specific "props" the devs decided you could loot.

Honestly, after playing 7D2D, I felt severely restricted in the way that game devs wanted me to play. :noidea:

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

So, after you complete the "story mission" (which after a couple of hours of gameplay I was still in, apparently) you're free to go and do whatever you like?

Yes and no. After few hours 3-4 you can do what you want but you are limited by  guns you can buy and crating recepties. So after that you have to make missions to get better stuff to have bigger chance against hordes

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

If you want to burn something, you can only burn nests because they're fixed points they decided you could burn (no real fire mechanics there).

If you want to dismantle or loot something, you can only do that on specific "props" the devs decided you could loot.

Honestly, after playing 7D2D, I felt severely restricted in the way that game devs wanted me to play. :noidea:

Well instead this in days gone you have good story telling, enviroment telling and actual lore while 7DTD don't have anything like that😕 .  yes days gone is much more restricted but other hand? i don't any reason to go inside most POI in 7dtd while in days gone most houses are small story, have notes etc. 

For me ideal 7dtd would be mix of 7dtd with days gone but zombie in no more room in hell 2 style

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, Roland said:

Just to clarify…

You can and will still need to boil water. You will find murky water and if you have a pot you will want to boil it into good water. You can also drink directly from streams and lakes without a filter so streams and lakes are not worthless. The dew collectors are great. I know that’s just my opinion but I’ve started over a few times now and they haven’t lost their charm nor will they as far as I can tell. Just like developing any farm that generates stuff for you, a dew collectors farm just feels good to create. 

I’m first to admit that at first it felt strange to not be able to gather water from a source into containers and bring it all back to the base to boil. But…I can also state that with no jars in the game you soon forget about it and accept it as the reality of the game. I know I can drink straight from a stream and that I can’t gather it. I don’t think about it any more. 

The loot tables have been adjusted quite a bit. I am much more often than not crafting things well before I can find a better version. That includes weapons and tools that require loot-only parts. 

I just did a 50% loot test run to see how it affected things and it is super tough. 

My next test run will be with xp point jacked up so I can progress faster and get to the point that purple gear starts showing up to see if they are invalidating crafting like many feel they do. 

The changes are quite simply a lot of fun. Whether they needed to be done or not is a matter of opinion but Inreally enjoy the magazines for professing crafting and the skill points for progressing perks and the water farming game is great. 

It’s The Fun Pimps. They just pimped the game with some more fun. 

Thank you for your feedback. Here at TFP, we appreciate your point of view and hope that you will experience a high level of entertainment value with our products. Have a nice day. 

The Fun Pimps won't see another cent from me so long as the company is in operation. It is a nice day. I can spend my money on a company that deserves and earns the financial support they get. It's taken The Fun Pimps so long to finish this game and make up their minds what they want the end product to be, it's not encouraging to support any future product(s) from The Fun Pimps. Another lost future customer to add to the pile. Consequences of bad decisions are real. I speak with my wallet as many others will in the future when it comes to The Fun Pimps products. You guys refuse to listen to the entirety of the community when it comes to game input so, I speak with my wallet since you guys don't really appreciate the feedback many of us out here give. You have a bias toward the company, game and that's just how it is. In a bias situation, there's no room allowed for constructive feedback. We give it, but you guys only take in what you want to see and hear.

4 minutes ago, youcantgetridofme said:

The Fun Pimps won't see another cent from me so long as the company is in operation.

So....a name change is in order then?

4 minutes ago, youcantgetridofme said:

Another lost future customer to add to the pile.

Time will tell if your pile is actually a pile of any consequence. Their next game is going to be an instabuy for what I think will be a huuuuuuuge pile of people. I'm betting that even many like you who don't like the developer and staff and are angry now about development decisions will feel the FOMO big time when their next game is revealed and positive reviews start coming in. Just....please wait for the full release of their next game before you give in and get it.

Sorry your experience with this game has been so poor. It isn't just me and my bias that likes 7 Days to Die and is happy with its direction. Most ratings by independent people are very positive and that is after much greater and more controversial changes than anything we will see in A21.

13 minutes ago, youcantgetridofme said:

You guys refuse to listen to the entirety of the community

True. The entirety of the community can't ever seem to decide what the entirety wants. We keep waiting to hear from the entirety on even just one thing and so far all we ever get are individuals who all say they want different things. Come on Entirety! Get your act together and answer our summons!!

Flatbed trailers and trailers with containers on them but no Semi/Tractor to pull them.

Piles of rags but no piles of the gore models.

Cities that need more zombies roaming the streets without the need for Feral Sense to be on. Cities are densely populated as well as needing more skyscrapers.

9 hours ago, youcantgetridofme said:

The Fun Pimps won't see another cent from me so long as the company is in operation. It is a nice day. I can spend my money on a company that deserves and earns the financial support they get.

I guess you're that guy that still buys Coca-Cola and Nike... am I right? ;) 

But the Fun Pimps? NOOOOO! They're EBIL!

On 10/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, youcantgetridofme said:

The Fun Pimps won't see another cent from me so long as the company is in operation. It is a nice day. I can spend my money on a company that deserves and earns the financial support they get. It's taken The Fun Pimps so long to finish this game and make up their minds what they want the end product to be, it's not encouraging to support any future product(s) from The Fun Pimps. Another lost future customer to add to the pile. Consequences of bad decisions are real. I speak with my wallet as many others will in the future when it comes to The Fun Pimps products. You guys refuse to listen to the entirety of the community when it comes to game input so, I speak with my wallet since you guys don't really appreciate the feedback many of us out here give. You have a bias toward the company, game and that's just how it is. In a bias situation, there's no room allowed for constructive feedback. We give it, but you guys only take in what you want to see and hear.

If they lose 10 customers by their decisions they gain another 100 customers. There is a room for constuctive feedback but you and other guy wanted big changes on almost finish of production - not only count what you suggested but when too.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, Roland said:

Time will tell if your pile is actually a pile of any consequence. Their next game is going to be an instabuy for what I think will be a huuuuuuuge pile of people. I'm betting that even many like you who don't like the developer and staff and are angry now about development decisions will feel the FOMO big time when their next game is revealed and positive reviews start coming in. Just....please wait for the full release of their next game before you give in and get it.

Depending what it will be - sometimes one game is  success another game is just... fine. Get positive reviews and everyone forget about that game after while. So until first information it's better to be sceptic about that

On 10/14/2022 at 1:29 AM, Jost Amman said:

I guess you're that guy that still buys Coca-Cola and Nike... am I right? ;) 

But the Fun Pimps? NOOOOO! They're EBIL!

Coca cola in released everyday while nike shoes everym month! in this same time 7dtd is still not released so... maybe he want to see news 7dtd every year like FIFA 😜

On 10/14/2022 at 2:06 AM, Fox said:

[snip]

Well you are wrong here because in some  situation it can work. " no interested in spending money" can be sign for developers too. 

Take a COD as example - majority of players would buy cod no matter how bad it's will be right? but if let's say - selles will be smaller by 5% it will be bad enough for shareholders so company will be forced to make changes to increase sellings. And when they annouced changes that people want in their next game more people will  be interested to buy another cod.

Ofc TFP situation is diffrent but in big company situation it can work

Edited by Crater Creator
quoted post was deleted (see edit history)

IWell you are wrong here because in some  situation it can work. " no interested in spending money" can be sign for developers too. 

Take a COD as example - majority of players would buy cod no matter how bad it's will be right? but if let's say - selles will be smaller by 5% it will be bad enough for shareholders so company will be forced to make changes to increase sellings. And when they annouced changes that people want in their next game more people will  be interested to buy another cod.

Ofc TFP situation is diffrent but in big company situation it can work

I'm not wrong. If devs focus on the minority, they'll never get a game out because the minority will always exist for every single game that has ever been made. Look at the negative reviews for Half Life 2, Portal 2, Terraria, and any other amazing games to have ever released and you'll find the minority claiming the game sucks. You cannot satisfy everyone, it's literally impossible. That's why these devs listen only to the majority.

4 hours ago, Fox said:

I'm not wrong. If devs focus on the minority, they'll never get a game out because the minority will always exist for every single game that has ever been made. Look at the negative reviews for Half Life 2, Portal 2, Terraria, and any other amazing games to have ever released and you'll find the minority claiming the game sucks. You cannot satisfy everyone, it's literally impossible. That's why these devs listen only to the majority.

Depends what "many" players you treat as minority.  I consider that you can't "non-active players too".  I think majority of cod players - 60-70% never wrote a post about cod - just will buy no matter how bad another cod will be . So you have 30-40% minority and you have majority in this smaller groups too. So if you mean majority of "active players" - you are totaly right. But if you mean totaly players not. Consider that COD is popular gift - this effect have a even name but it's better to not write this name here. 

In HL2, Portal 2 and terraria you have pretty active community - i think most people read offical notes, take parts in polls or events ( offical and unoffical) while in cod situation.... people just buy game and that's all.  Unfortunatly cod is something like coca cola or adidas - is considered as "good as famous". But for shareholders year to year lower sales of cod is bad sign. More and more people don't want to buy cod for many reasons. So managment will be forced to listen "majority of minorty" A.K.A people famous in cod comunity because most "problems" are common - perk system, minimap etc. you know small changes but important for gameplay.

Youcantgetridofme:   "I'm angry and I'm leaving damnit!"

TFP:  ...

Youcantgetridofme:  "I meant it!  I'm so done this time!"

ONE MONTH LATER

Youcantgetridofme:  "I'm serious!  I'm so done with this game!"

TFP:  "Okay, see ya."

Youcantgetrideofme:  "I'm gone already!  See ya, bye."

Youcantgetridofme:

Young Man Crying To Get Bad News On Phone Stock Image - Image of ...

ONE YEAR LATER (with a new account/name change)

HELLO IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? | Make a Meme

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Youcantgetridofme:   "I'm angry and I'm leaving damnit!"

Youcantgetridofme:  "I meant it!  I'm so done this time!"

ONE MONTH LATER

Youcantgetridofme:  "I'm serious!  I'm so done with this game!"

TFP:  "Okay, see ya."

Youcantgetrideofme:  "I'm gone already!  See ya, bye."

Youcantgetridofme:

Young Man Crying To Get Bad News On Phone Stock Image - Image of ...

ONE YEAR LATER (with a new account/name change)

HELLO IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? | Make a Meme

Youcantgetridometoo😜

• Roland locked this topic

I think this thread has run its course and we don't need to pile on the guy. There are a ton of great games and no one game is going to hold anyone's attention forever. When it's time to move on it's time and that will be different for all. There's nothing wrong with no longer enjoying a video game.