wich Computer shoud i buy? i have ONLY a ryzen 5950x - 64gb ram - rx6900 xt oc 16gb ram and i have only 11fps in bloodmoon ? 1700 Zombies

7daysOfFun

this computer iv buyed month ago...

with 1700 zombies i have 30 ~ 11 fps...normally 90-120 in 4k ALL in ULTRA PLUS maximum settings 3840*1080 in 144hz (samsung ultrawide)

i cant choose lower settings..my ego says NO

what shoud i do?... i want to add the unlimited horde add on from boiser...1700 on very hard isnt enough..we play with 3-6people a bloodmoon

is this a sarkastic night question? i dont know :D

i want to rate the game..but..3600hours playtime..i cant decide...is the game good or no..."its difficult"

My rig, at the moment, is one of the top rigs on the market. I have an overclocked 5950x, 32 gigs ram and an overclocked 3090 and using vanilla game, I cannot put all settings to ultra at 4k resolution… you can’t do it with vanilla so there’s no way you can crank up the zombie count that high with ultra settings and not have fps troubles. Turn off everything related to shadows and reflections, either turn off dynamic mesh or set it to claimblock only. That should get you a solid fps in the 100-120 range in a normal vanilla game. No promises on cranking up the zombie count because they are extremely taxing to your cpu regardless of the fact that it’s the best processor on the market.

10 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

I have 3900 zombies spawned all the time in my world that I fight back and forth riding across my zipline that's attached to my blimp which I have 43 of my friends firing mounted 50-cals on, dunno what the issue is for your end.

Is that a Pentium 90?

ATM the video card are less important in 7 days to die, it's the Mhz rate of you Single Core CPU so anything close to 5 ghz.  I'm not kidding.   I went from a slow i4770 4 core intel @ 3.8 ghz / gtx 1070 / and slow DDR3 ram at 1600 mhz to a AMD 3700x 8 core @ 4.2 Ghz / RTX 3070 Ti and 3200 Mhz DDR 4 ram and in the most congested City zones it's still just 35 fps - 144 fps (locked to monitor rate) anywhere else.

Until they optimised Multi-core optimization and actually use the GPU potential, it really doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, Jugginator said:

I have 3900 zombies spawned all the time in my world that I fight back and forth riding across my zipline that's attached to my blimp which I have 43 of my friends firing mounted 50-cals on, dunno what the issue is for your end.

43 of your friends playing with ziplines. That's cold man. I guess my invite got "lost in the mail"....

2 hours ago, Ripflex said:

ATM the video card are less important in 7 days to die, it's the Mhz rate of you Single Core CPU so anything close to 5 ghz.  I'm not kidding.   I went from a slow i4770 4 core intel @ 3.8 ghz / gtx 1070 / and slow DDR3 ram at 1600 mhz to a AMD 3700x 8 core @ 4.2 Ghz / RTX 3070 Ti and 3200 Mhz DDR 4 ram and in the most congested City zones it's still just 35 fps - 144 fps (locked to monitor rate) anywhere else.

Until they optimised Multi-core optimization and actually use the GPU potential, it really doesn't matter.

That's not entirely how CPUs work. Frequency does make a difference, but generations matter more. Every year, processors become more and more efficient and receive better tech all the time which is why they perform better. So an original Pentium 4 overclocked to 4GHz wouldn't even be able to keep up with a modern generation of an Intel CPU running in single core only even if it was clocked at 2GHz.

Also, the game benefits from 4 core threads, not just 1, just in case you thought otherwise.

12 hours ago, ElCabong said:

If this is a serious post...you need to cut back because if you were to buy a new computer you would just max it out and be back to square one.

I agree 100 %

Yes the new CPU with new tech MAY increase 7 days performance ... but it would be cheaper if TFP just do a Performance Update instead for us instead...

On 7/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, Ripflex said:

I agree 100 %

Yes the new CPU with new tech MAY increase 7 days performance ... but it would be cheaper if TFP just do a Performance Update instead for us instead...

I mean... we could get a more fuel efficient car as well, but it would be way cheaper if the government just updated the performance of gas for us instead. 

There's a lot of what ifs and wishful thinking there mate. It's not like performance optimising code is like a tradie giving a job a final wash once he's really finished. It's more like a car designer looking at efficiency once the car is built. If you can't change the engine or the basic shape of the car there is not much you can do. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, Roland said:

43 of your friends playing with ziplines. That's cold man. I guess my invite got "lost in the mail"....

Nah I'm the only one allowed to use the ziplines, the rest are on the blimp.

like I really have 43 friends 

10 hours ago, Fox said:

7daysOfFun wants the impossible and is in a subtle way bragging about his hardware and money in the process.

nahhhh

it was a post that the performance of 7 days in the current version is a bit buggy (but its ok)....the flying parrots when they split u can see crash the fps...

i love this game from the 18er version....

but the game is soooo power hungry ...but it make so much fun

i woud post some videos or screenshots..but were are the screenshots saved??? i dont find it

12 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

i woud post some videos or screenshots..but were are the screenshots saved??? i dont find it

I use (or at least used to use) imgur.com or photobucket.com for image hosting links and Youtube for videos. Never rely on this site for that stuff cuz they compress them to the point of being useless most of the time.

As far as this game being buggy, sure, it's in development so of course it ain't perfect, and likely never will be since it's never leaving Alpha stage. But since Alpha 1, I've never had a crash to desktop or anything major other than the 2 I mentioned in the forums (vertices glitch during Alpha 3 when building massive skyscrapers causing map corruption, and an annoying stutter issue which lasted a very long time, I think from Alpha 11 to 17 or something).

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Fox said:

I use (or at least used to use) imgur.com or photobucket.com for image hosting links and Youtube for videos. Never rely on this site for that stuff cuz they compress them to the point of being useless most of the time.

As far as this game being buggy, sure, it's in development so of course it ain't perfect, and likely never will be since it's never leaving Alpha stage. But since Alpha 1, I've never had a crash to desktop or anything major other than the 2 I mentioned in the forums (vertices glitch during Alpha 3 when building massive skyscrapers causing map corruption, and an annoying stutter issue which lasted a very long time, I think from Alpha 11 to 17 or something).

i mean when i press f9...in wich directory its get saved? i tried steam apps..no...hiddendirectory appdata users..no...where is the new save place from 7 days?

i used the search with "screenshots save directory" i get 155 pages..but no answer

On 7/12/2022 at 5:56 AM, Jugginator said:

Nah I'm the only one allowed to use the ziplines, the rest are on the blimp.

like I really have 43 friends 

Blimps? Ziplines? Cool! Makes me wanna alude to some rock music! Zed Ziplen. In just a blimp of an eye! Okay, I'll put my headphones back on and find the door.