Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

23 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Roland when finally coming up with the next riddle, after spending hours and hours to figure out the most complicated and disguised evil mastermind puzzle:

*posting it, whilst thinking with evil grin*

"this one finally, they will nev..."

*immediate post from someone in the forum who already figured it out correctly*

inorite...? 😰

17 minutes ago, Roland said:

inorite...? 😰

I even don't get this one.

But be assured, I really much apprechiate your efforts to keep us entertained!

Me, a being that totally lacks creativity, this would have been the summit of what I would have been able to come up with as a "sexy T-Rex going away" puzzle:

strex.jpg.21bee423bca021f076817cd947ea3f04.jpg

im so glad that sex rex is being removed and its perks are being incorporated into select melee perk trees alas i do not have to spec into it to fight somewhat effectively with a melee weapon!😅 to me it just made combat so much more better without it you would be waiting about 2 seconds to hit where if you perk into it even at level 2 you could infinitely swing a wooden club with the primary attack.

2 minutes ago, Killer35Durant said:

Learn by reading has to be the dumbest thing/change I’ve ever seen come to this game. And that’s saying a lot. 

and the fact that it is a dumb thing, you...learned about by.....reading.....about.....it.....that's saying a lot about you.

Why not wait till it actually is there, then give it at try, then judge it?

Welcome to the forums btw.

On 12/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, GRITTY said:

if sexy rex is removed i don't think i'll bother playing a21

seeing that the stam will be reduced depending on the weapon you learn about makes this a bit easier to take.  i thought sex rex was being removed totally so all in all, it's an "ok" change

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

Really? That was truly one of the longest sentences you've ever managed to write? :p

Kidding aside, what's your reasoning? Why do you believe it is dumb?

i have to agree since learn by reading has been in the game for a very long time in a way i really don't see the massive concern over it especially since we haven't seen it in action yet.

4 minutes ago, forgetful genius said:

Sorry?  I took a leap of faith, I'm excited to have been correct.  I've done mostly lurking since creating my account for the forum a few years ago.

I'm just kidding. Great job to you and to me too if that coaxed you out of lurking. I'll put up another puzzle tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, forgetful genius said:

I'm excited to have been correct.  I've done mostly lurking since creating my account for the forum a few years ago.

Excellent work. Now, off to the Decryption mines with ye!

Time Travel Toaster Prize Guide: Egyptian Era, Prize 7 Pyramid and ...

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

4 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

I have a question you may or may not be able to answer yet.

In terms of Sex Rex getting redistributed. Is it being added to the main weapon perk or is each weapon type getting it's own 'sex rex' like perk?

added to the main weapon perk. The language on the first page is unambiguous

53 minutes ago, Rabbitslovecactus said:

He's gotta be running out of ammo. 

The calm before the storm (experimental) 

Learn by reading is one of the most welcomed updates for me in a long time. (Old school Learn by doing fan here). 

Maybe if he's running out of ammo then he should craft a Reloading Bench to make more....here's one he can use for now
Ammo Reloading Benches - VisualHunt

Edited by Damolann (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, meganoth said:

added to the main weapon perk. The language on the first page is unambiguous

just to wrap my head around this, when we go into our skill tree, sex rex won't be there at all under strength, right?  will each weapon we learn about have it's own "stamina spot"

Edited by GRITTY (see edit history)

So with Sexy Rex being baked into weapon perks, will it be getting baked into harvesting tool perks, like Salvage Ops and Miner 69'er as well?

1 minute ago, GRITTY said:

just to wrap my head around this, when we go into our skill tree, sex rex won't be there at all under strength, right?  will each weapon we learn about have it's own "stamina spot"

Correct. The Sexy Rex perk is going away. As you put points into your melee weapon of choice, you'll get a stamina use reduction.

6 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

I even don't get this one.

But be assured, I really much apprechiate your efforts to keep us entertained!

Me, a being that totally lacks creativity, this would have been the summit of what I would have been able to come up with as a "sexy T-Rex going away" puzzle:

strex.jpg.21bee423bca021f076817cd947ea3f04.jpg

743vq2.png

MemeLoveTriangle_297886754.jpg

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)