Disappointed in first Tier 5 quest

Spatch

2 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Yup! The issue with Loot Stage over 255 will be addressed as well.

Bless you, and thank you for all the work and effort you put in. not every video game community has Dev's that communicate as much on the forums as you guys do, and I think alot of people in the community really appreciate that. TFP is awesome ❤️

On 1/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, Laz Man said:

Dont know why it was removed.  I do remember there being an SI issue with it.

Yeah, lol! You could say that! Sometimes damn near the whole building would collapse just walking onto the second floor, other times nothing. It was great for getting books, but I wasn't sorry to see it go.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:33 PM, Darklegend222 said:

I've done the skyscraper twice and I'm at the point of declining it each time it pops up.

I am at the point where I don't do T5 buildings at all unless I am bored or need a challenge between horde nights. I just feel that even if they are part of a quest, the rewards aren't worth the effort. Balancing maybe?

On 1/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, Laz Man said:

All of the skyscrapers were questable dungeon designs even before A20.  That did not change.

As far as the crack a book HQ is concerned, it was redesigned to be more believable.  The old version had alot of unbelievable things (e.g. printing press on upper floor but no elevator?)  As far as loot is concerned, it probably was reduced because it was not balanced.  The new one is relatively faster to clear in comparison to the old version and other skyscrapers.

As far as the joe bro builders POI (skyscraper_04), it is a T4 POI and was balanced accordingly.  It is worth pointing out there is still a considerable amount of construction crates which yield alot of good loot for crafting which was buffed in comparison to A19 (Great source for acid btw)

Those construction crates used to be toilets in the past. If they are now boxes then that site is worth the doing. 

We have 0 big cities in the wasteland on our ginormous map (max size random).  Because of this we have 0 Tier 5 POI's and 0 Tier 5 quest in the wasteland.  They all point to the forest and a couple in the desert.  The entire map is explored with helicopters.  We simply have crappy RNG luck that took us a few weeks to find out about.

Its made end game kinda disappointing to say the least.

For me, the T5's quests have never been about the end rewards (or even the end area with all the crates to open up).  It was always about the sheer amount of raw materials I was able to cart away after doing one quest.  I would typically plan on a 2 day adventure - load up my 4x4 with ammo, food, and medical  supplies to last the two days - then travel there and start the quest.  Go from the start all the way to the end clearing out all sleepers and finding the satchel (if required).  Usually based on how I play, that typically would be finished up close to night time on the first day.  Then I would spend the entire night breaking down and looting everything.  By morning, I am hauling stuff down to the first floor and either loading up my vehicle storage or secured crates near the entrance if I expected to have to make a second trip.  Go back to the trader and sell everything I didn't want to keep (and get my reward for finishing the quest).  Then spend the rest of Day 2 sorting the materials I hauled away with and making use of them.

15 minutes ago, Reckis said:

I am at the point where I don't do T5 buildings at all unless I am bored or need a challenge between horde nights. I just feel that even if they are part of a quest, the rewards aren't worth the effort. Balancing maybe?

T5 rewards unlock the T3 equipment as rewards (weapons and tools specifically).   However, if you have already come across T3 weapons while looting or purchased from the trader, I can see why the rewards are not worth it to some people.

However, we see evidence of potential higher quest levels (6 & 7) in the xml files, and schwanz9000 is working on changes to the loot tables (along with quest rewards) so we can expect to see changes in the future.  schwanz has his work cut out for him as it will requiring balancing both the loot and the quests so that one doesn't become too OP or make another one not as worthy.  Hopefully they will have a target goal for both looting and quests and the play-testers will give valuable feedback to balance it out.

However, as with any decision that has to be made for the game, there will be people happy with the changes and there will be people upset with the changes.

2 hours ago, Orclover said:

We have 0 big cities in the wasteland on our ginormous map (max size random).  Because of this we have 0 Tier 5 POI's and 0 Tier 5 quest in the wasteland.  They all point to the forest and a couple in the desert.  The entire map is explored with helicopters.  We simply have crappy RNG luck that took us a few weeks to find out about.

Its made end game kinda disappointing to say the least.

Use advanced generation next map?

On 1/9/2022 at 11:50 PM, Laz Man said:

Yep, I am not surprised about the reactions so far to the changes to the crack a book HQ.  If my memory is correct, the old one was so OP you could loot one and get bags full of books and schematics and be set.

Yeah my first reaction for looting the old one was: 'This needs to be nerfed'. For me it is far more exciting to loot stuff when it's not easy to get good stuff right away. And vertical dungeons aka skyscrapers is the funniest  and the most interesting to explore imo. 

I do agree that all the dungeons/pois needs to be balanced. More loot containers on higher tier dungeons is a nobrainer. ^^ 

I've done that one a few times and yes it could use a few more book shelves or even boxes but other than that I think it's great. 

It is a skyscraper after all and it's their HQ so I don't see why they should be wall to wall books...maybe on the first two floors yes should have a decent amount of book shelves and the basement should be where like 3 or 5 crack a book boxes should be but the rest should definitely be offices and other corporate junk. 

But my God the amount of zombies that get thrown at you especially once you hit over 100+ gamestage is insane not to mention feral sense and that place makes horde night look like a joke.  Just goes to show how protected we are with our normal and cheese bases.