Khaine's A20 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

Hey Khaine, loving the updated mods.  Wanted to ask a quick question about Dangerous Cities - does it change the type of zombies encountered in cities as well as the number?  I started a new game and in the first town was getting attacked by Bikers as soon as I finished the tutorial pretty much, which don't normally turn up in my vanilla games until much later.  Just curious as to exactly what the mod does before using it in my multiplayer sessions.  Thanks.

Added a chicken coop modlet!

7DaysToDie_tIztKqK9QF.thumb.png.f68f6b451d4ecccdbb768c6a488ae293.png

These work like the ones in DF (in fact, this model will be in the A20 version of DF). So craft one, place it, wait, loot to get feathers and/or eggs. Once looted, you need to "feed the chickens" with animal feed. To do this, make animal feed, place it on your hotbar, select it, right-click on the chicken coop while it's in your hand to "upgrade" the block and start the process again.

Has animated chickens. Amount of chickens tells you how close it is to being "ready for harvest." Recipes unlocked with Living off the Land 1 so you don't need a stupid point investment to get there.

See the first post for download link. This modlet also has a terms of use, which has been edited into the main post, so please read that if you're planning to include it in your own modpack. :)

Hey KhaineGB! I'm loving your modlets, currently using 3 of them.

I have a question about dangerous cities specifically -- On my dedicated server it seems like zombies are spawning quite a bit inside of the cities (as expected) but there are pretty much never any zombies what so ever outside of that. We as a group like there being a lot of zombies, so I figured I could go into the xml file and edit the "wilderness" tag to spawn more often, but even despite lowering the respawn delay to as low as 0.8, there are pretty much no zombies anywhere outside of cities.

Any idea what might be wrong? Is there any way for me to increase spawning in the wilderness as well as keep the crazy zombie spawns in the city?

Edited by Elsa from Frozen (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Elsa from Frozen said:

Hey KhaineGB! I'm loving your modlets, currently using 3 of them.

I have a question about dangerous cities specifically -- On my dedicated server it seems like zombies are spawning quite a bit inside of the cities (as expected) but there are pretty much never any zombies what so ever outside of that. We as a group like there being a lot of zombies, so I figured I could go into the xml file and edit the "wilderness" tag to spawn more often, but even despite lowering the respawn delay to as low as 0.8, there are pretty much no zombies anywhere outside of cities.

Any idea what might be wrong? Is there any way for me to increase spawning in the wilderness as well as keep the crazy zombie spawns in the city?

Nope. I'd have to have a look. Thats literally the point of the mod though. The wilderness is supposed to be a refuge from the madness so you have somewhere to build.

13 hours ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

I love you, Khaine.

Tested and approved, without any errors. Many thanks.

ModsKhaine.PNG

Awesome :)

Wondering about the 15 slot hotbar.
Slot bar slot 11 just eats the item - poof! when an item is placed in it.
Slot 12,13,14,15 kinda work for holding an item, but cannot interact with the item.
When I logout, items in 12,13,14,15 poof - bye bye
I have it installed on my server (nitrado) and my client pc (win10)

On 1/16/2022 at 12:02 AM, visor said:

how do i get this installed im still new to the pc version of 7days

Steam, steam library, 7 days to die and press start from there. It opens the launcher option and you can turn EAC off from there. Just save

Hey KhaineGB,

I'm using your lockable inventory slots for my server and consider it almost a must have for playing. I was wondering if its possible to make the Drone storage lockable too? I like to keep some first aid items in there and it would be great if I could lock those slots to those items.

7 hours ago, Boti said:

Hey KhaineGB,

I'm using your lockable inventory slots for my server and consider it almost a must have for playing. I was wondering if its possible to make the Drone storage lockable too? I like to keep some first aid items in there and it would be great if I could lock those slots to those items.

Probably not. I've looked into it and I can't  find any specific "drone inventory" window.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:17 AM, ate0ate said:

I'm pretty sure @khzmusik is working on an inventory locking mod that works with the drone. He may have made the mod already but I'm not sure.

It's done, I just haven't made a thread for my modlets yet. I'm basically using Khaine's code though, and adding those buttons to the vanilla containers too (which also adds them to things like cabinets or cardboard boxes). So it might not be for everyone.