Khaine's A20 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

Hi Khaine! Great mods! I specially love the backpack slots. 

But I found a bug on the 96 backpack slots where the background of each cell is larger that the slot itself. Also took the liberty to fix it.

<Config/XUi/controls.xml>

Original

<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="57" height="47" color="{backgroundcolor}" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

Fix

<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="47" height="47" color="{backgroundcolor}" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

Hey Khaine thanks for all your amazing work, Really enjoying A20 DF mod. I was just wondering if it would be possible for you to make a Stash All button mod like in A18 I know a lot of people would appreciate not having to stack items in individual boxes as this takes up a ridiculous amount of time. 

14 hours ago, Lukas 1986 said:

Khaine's A20 Modlets!  Lockable Slots is in my mod folder. Problem is its on the "right" for some reason and not on the left where it should be. Can anyone help with this problem at all. Thanx in advance.

I didn't move the lockable thing, so that's where it is in vanilla if you turn it on.

13 hours ago, AngusKing said:

Hey Khaine thanks for all your amazing work, Really enjoying A20 DF mod. I was just wondering if it would be possible for you to make a Stash All button mod like in A18 I know a lot of people would appreciate not having to stack items in individual boxes as this takes up a ridiculous amount of time. 

I'm pretty sure that A18 mod is all code rather than XML.

3 hours ago, ahawksfan said:

Khaine,

Thanks for the excellent mods!  Got a few working but the HeadShotOnly one doesn't seem to work with 20.1 B5 - can you confirm it has been tested with 20.1?

Thanks!

Have not tested it with 20.1. I need to do that later as it was working on A20, but didn't work on servers.

@KhaineGB Somehow I am missing how to make the Lockable Slots work. What should I be seeing/doing in game to lock a slot in the player backpack, a storage container, or vehicle inventory? Thanks.

EDIT: Just had a thought. I installed this mod on a dedicated server (so all players could use it). By chance, this isn't a client side only mod, is it?

Edited by Red51 (see edit history)

The headshots only modlet didn't work for me, although the server initialization messages state it was loaded.  The other 3 modlets I use seem to be working.  I see a lot of people reporting the same issue here, but I couldn't find a resolution.  Did I miss it or is this modlet non-functional at this time?

8 hours ago, Red51 said:

@KhaineGB Somehow I am missing how to make the Lockable Slots work. What should I be seeing/doing in game to lock a slot in the player backpack, a storage container, or vehicle inventory? Thanks.

EDIT: Just had a thought. I installed this mod on a dedicated server (so all players could use it). By chance, this isn't a client side only mod, is it?

Nope. Should work fine on servers.

6 hours ago, PinkLed5 said:

The headshots only modlet didn't work for me, although the server initialization messages state it was loaded.  The other 3 modlets I use seem to be working.  I see a lot of people reporting the same issue here, but I couldn't find a resolution.  Did I miss it or is this modlet non-functional at this time?

That specific one doesn't work in MP for some reason. I have reported it as a bug

On 12/5/2021 at 3:35 AM, KhaineGB said:

New Alpha, new modlet post!

This is all the modlets that will work on A20. Basically it's all my A18/A19 ones updated and adjusted as required. Also added some new ones that are now possible thanks to A20 and it's ability to load custom C# without patching anything.

Modlets will be seperated into sections. XML only (for folks who want server-only), XML + Assets (needs to be installed on client and server) and C# (needs to be installed on client and server).

If anyone wants to buy me a coffee as a thank you, then you can do so on Paypal. This is not required OR expected.

Enjoy. :)

XML Only Modlets (can be installed on servers with no client download).

3 Slot Forge - Adds an extra input slot to the forge and moves the UI around a little so there's no window overlap.
12 Slot Crafting Queue - Increases the crafting queue from 4 slots to 12. Scrap everything!
60 Slot Backpack - Pretty self explanitory.
96 Slot Backpack - Pretty self explanitory.
Always Open Traders - Removed the open/close times from traders so they always remain open.
Dangerous Cities - Increases the amount of zombies in cities and towns, while lowering the amount in the wilderness.
Food and Water Bars - Just the food and water bars from my above backpack mods so users can use larger backpacks if they so wish.

Headshot Only - Zombies take 0 damage from non-headshots for most weapons. Explosives, electric batons and molotovs still work normally, and animals still take full damage.
HP Bars - Remember the red HP bar that was shown off in A17? This adds that back into the game for folks who liked that idea.
Kill Tracking - Tracks how many of each different type of entity you've killed in the game (zombie or type of animal) and with what weapon (guns only, may consider adding melee in the future).
Lockable Inventory Slots - Adds the "box" that allows the user to lock slots so they won't be moved OR sorted. Also adds one to vehicle inventory that does the same thing.
NightVision Goggles Change - A few folks said they wanted the NVG effect from DF in vanilla, so it's more red than full green. This modlet will do that.
Pickup Plants - Allows the player to press the 'E' button (default. May be different for other languages/controllers) to pick up plants. This does NOT grant extra harvest based on perk. You have to punch for that.
Max Animals/Zombies and Claim Blocks - Adds options to the main menu for the player to select max spawned animals/zombies in the world in SP. Also allows the player to have more than 1 claim block via menu option.
Steel Ammo - Adds the steel ammo from A17 for players who enjoyed that option.

XML + Assets Modlets (cannot be server only).

Log Spikes - Makes Wood Log and Iron Spikes craftable again.
Return of the Behemoth - Adds the unfinished A16 behemoth and the A17 unfinished radiated behemoth to the game. Random spawns in the wasteland and horde nights.
Return of the Hornet - Adds the cut hornet from A15 (and earlier) back to the game. Spawns as an enemy animal in the forest biome. Does not spawn on horde nights.

Chicken Coops - Adds a chicken coop to the game that works the same way as the Darkness Falls one. Unlocked with Living off the Land 1. Craft, place, wait, loot. Once you've looted it, hold animal feed in your hand (so toolbelt and select it), then right-click on the chicken coop to "feed the chickens" so they can start producing again. See end of file for terms of use with this modlet.

C# Modlets (cannot be server only, EAC must be off!!!).

15 Slot Toolbelt - Increases the toolbelt to 15 slots.

Extra Tool And Output Slots - This is mostly for other modders. It increases the maximum amount of tools a workstation can have to 6 (so stops duplicating anything after slot 3) and the maximum output slots to 12 (was 6).
Larger FOV - Increases the max FOV to 150, though anything above 90 is a bit distorted. Might be good for folks with motion sickness.
Vehicle Damage Patch - Increases the amount of damage a zombie takes when you run it over. Amount of damage depends on how heavy the vehicle is and how fast you hit the zombie.
Vehicle Sound Fix - This is more for modders. It fixes that horrible noise when driving custom vehicles.
Wandering Horde Frequency - Folks may know this from JaWoodle's "Anywhere, Anytime" series. It creates random wandering hordes, of a random amount of zombies, a random amount of times per day. How often (in terms of in-game hours) and how many zombies are configurable in the blocks.xml included in the modlet.
Zombie Fall Damage - Removes the cap on the amount of damage zombies take when falling from heights, so drop pits from older alphas are now a semi-valid form of defense.

TERMS OF USE.

Modlets are provided as-is. I bear no responsibility if you break your save, your back, your PC, whatever. They've been tested on both of my machines and my wife's and are working as intended when installed correctly. No restrictions on personal use or mod use, just give me a thank you, except for the following modlets.

Chicken Coops - These use purchased assets. The modlet is available for personal use (even for servers). However, anyone including this modlet in their own modpack needs to make sure they purchase the following assets in order to have the correct licence.

Chickens - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/animal-pack-deluxe-99702
Chicken Coop - https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/henhouse-modeled-games-3d-model/986709

does the mod Zombie Fall Damage work for me correktly ? i have a pit 9 "voxels" deep and zombie only take little to no damage at all. how deep should a hole be for zombies to be effectifly be killed by fall damage ?

On 1/29/2022 at 5:39 AM, Red51 said:

OK cool. How should it work in game then? 

Same as SP

10 hours ago, TimmyWithTheBat said:

does the mod Zombie Fall Damage work for me correktly ? i have a pit 9 "voxels" deep and zombie only take little to no damage at all. how deep should a hole be for zombies to be effectifly be killed by fall damage ?

Like 30+ blocks

I mean, I legit dont know what else to say. You stick it in the mods folder, boot up the game, there's a number with arrows next to it in your inventory, you use that to lock your backpack.

And when you open a vehicle or a storage container, the same is there on THAT window which applies to that specific container. That's it.

6 hours ago, kimilar said:

I love the mod for log spikes.

It's working but there is not icons of it.

Can you please fix that.

Have a nice day.

I could've sworn I included the icons. Will sort that later.

1 hour ago, Armor9 said:

So I crafted chicken coops and placed them.  It has been 6 game days and nothing has happened?  Do I need to do anything to get them to initially start producing?  Thanks.

Nope. They worked fine for me. Did you have them outside? Because I'm pretty sure they need to be outside.

yes i tried that but it still spawn a gamestage 3 horde when i am actually gs 122. and when i try with GS 165 ( i change the entitygroup to a cop only hord) then the game spawn the horde gs 16 like a loop.

But still from gs 1 to 120 everything is perfect with radiated only horde ect.. just really dont know why gs 120 loop for me

hi Khaine , i got a minor problem. my daughter recently started playing 7dtd, she asked me to help her introduce a friend to 7dtd vanilla.

how do i jump between vanilla and darkness falls or do i have to reinstall each time. i'm not heartless enough to throw her friend in the deep end. yet!

i've never played any modded games before so i'm a little in the dark here.