Khaine's A20 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

Sorry to bother you with this. I'm having trouble getting the Wandering Horde Frequency mod to work. I've tried it several times, setting the spawn time to min 1 max 2 hours, waiting for several game days, then i get the console errors about referencing an object that doesn't exist. I don't remember exactly how it's worded. The errors pop up enough that you can't continue with the game. I set the times to between 1 to 2 hours just to test if I get a wandering horde. The only other mods I'm using are your own honey, eggs and useable kitchen equipment. It's a pimps own rwg map and not customised. I've verified 7dtd files after removing the mods etc. EAC is off and it's a solo world, no server. The other mods do work fine. After removing the frequency mod the errors no longer occur. Again, sorry to bother you and thank you for the great work you're doing.

Edited by Tallman Brad
Added further text (see edit history)

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Given that it works fine for me, and have for others, I would say it's likely a bad install, forgetting to run with EAC off, or one of those other mods (which aren't mine) are conflicting.

I've made sure EAC is off and I've also tried it with no other mods installed, just a completely vanilla game. No launcher used either. I'll keep experimenting. Thanks anyway. 

9 hours ago, JetPackT_Rex said:

What would you suggest then? Thanks!

Manually install. It's super easy.

8 hours ago, RadWarrior said:

Is it posssible to display the key number in the 15 slot toolbar? Thanks.

Yes but it's a pain in the ass... or it is for me because i'm bad with UI stuff.

2 hours ago, Tallman Brad said:

I've made sure EAC is off and I've also tried it with no other mods installed, just a completely vanilla game. No launcher used either. I'll keep experimenting. Thanks anyway. 

I mean, I know it works because I keep hearing the wife complaining about them turning up. 😛

Hi Khaine, awesome job on the mods :) I have 1 question about the wandering horde frequency mod. I got it to work, you indeed need to wait a few days for it to kick in... but is there some kind of hard cap on the amount of hordes a day? I set it to horde each 1-3 hours with a random number of zombies between 5 and 10, just to test a way to have alot of wandering hordes trickle in constantly, but after 3 or 4 hordes the logging says that the wandering horde spawner needs to wait for 12 hours. Does this mean you can have only 3-4 hordes a day? I just want to have a fuller world of zombies as once you've cleared an area it takes so long for respawns to get into the game which is a bit immersion breaking and even makes the game boring at times.

2 hours ago, mheinis666 said:

Hi Khaine, awesome job on the mods :) I have 1 question about the wandering horde frequency mod. I got it to work, you indeed need to wait a few days for it to kick in... but is there some kind of hard cap on the amount of hordes a day? I set it to horde each 1-3 hours with a random number of zombies between 5 and 10, just to test a way to have alot of wandering hordes trickle in constantly, but after 3 or 4 hordes the logging says that the wandering horde spawner needs to wait for 12 hours. Does this mean you can have only 3-4 hordes a day? I just want to have a fuller world of zombies as once you've cleared an area it takes so long for respawns to get into the game which is a bit immersion breaking and even makes the game boring at times.

I don't THINK so. Sometimes the game likes to just make you wait for 12 hours. I know where the code that controls that is, but I refuse to mess with it because I don't understand WHY it does that.

I may experiment in the new year when I have more spare time.

1 hour ago, Tallman Brad said:

Got it working. I think I'd downloaded an older version or something. Thanks for this. 

Awesome :)

Ok, I was monitoring the log during the game to see when the wandering hordes would kick in and saw that 12 hour delay which seemed hardcoded indeed. I'm just going to finetune the mods config a bit to have a decent size but not overwhelming and will combine it with Jax Tellers 2/3/4 times zombie world spawns to see if it fills up the world a bit more.

Over the alpha's the game definately lost a bit the constant threat outside the poi's.

Another weird thing, don't know if it's by design, but I haven't had a single screamer yet in 13 days 😕

Anyone else run into an issue using the Lockable Inventory modlet resulting in you not being able to click/move anything in the inventory/recipes menu and not being able to use the Esc key to exit the inventory menu?

I thought it was a vanilla bug and reported it but they just said it was an issue with the mod

2 hours ago, mheinis666 said:

Ok, I was monitoring the log during the game to see when the wandering hordes would kick in and saw that 12 hour delay which seemed hardcoded indeed. I'm just going to finetune the mods config a bit to have a decent size but not overwhelming and will combine it with Jax Tellers 2/3/4 times zombie world spawns to see if it fills up the world a bit more.

Over the alpha's the game definately lost a bit the constant threat outside the poi's.

Another weird thing, don't know if it's by design, but I haven't had a single screamer yet in 13 days 😕

I know why that is. TFP changed something in the screamer code so they don't spawn as often.

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

Anyone else run into an issue using the Lockable Inventory modlet resulting in you not being able to click/move anything in the inventory/recipes menu and not being able to use the Esc key to exit the inventory menu?

I thought it was a vanilla bug and reported it but they just said it was an issue with the mod

Nope. Working fine for me and plenty of others.

It works alright. I don't know how predictable the time til spawn is or isn't or if the length of days effects things but I ran into a massive horde shortly after the morning of the second day. I usually at least see one horde daily after that though if I linger in one place it seems more frequent, obviously. But yeah, the mod does indeed work.

Stupid question here. Im installing Zombie Fall Damage for my map that i host and play with my friends. its C# Modlets (cannot be server only, EAC must be off!!!).   So does my friends need to download it too to work? or is it just enough that they turn EAC off? Not dedicated server, im just randomly hosting when we play

15 hours ago, laeh666 said:

Stupid question here. Im installing Zombie Fall Damage for my map that i host and play with my friends. its C# Modlets (cannot be server only, EAC must be off!!!).   So does my friends need to download it too to work? or is it just enough that they turn EAC off? Not dedicated server, im just randomly hosting when we play

It will likely need to be installed by them too. Try it out and see if it you can get away with them not installing it.

7 minutes ago, The Freehold said:

Is there a way to increase the size of the character information GUI, after installing the 60 slot backpack mod?  It's a bit hard to read at higher resolutions.  I'd like it to be 25 to 50% bigger.

I'm pretty sure I didn't mess with that, but then I only test at 1080p and 1440p.