Khaine's A20 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

21 hours ago, Warpspawn said:

hi Khaine , i got a minor problem. my daughter recently started playing 7dtd, she asked me to help her introduce a friend to 7dtd vanilla.

how do i jump between vanilla and darkness falls or do i have to reinstall each time. i'm not heartless enough to throw her friend in the deep end. yet!

i've never played any modded games before so i'm a little in the dark here.

The handcrafted way is by simply copying your game directory to somewhere else and call the shell script in there (7DaysToDie.sh or similar) if you want to play that game. Steam has to run in the background while doing this even though you don't use it.

The comfortable way is to install the Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die, a management utility that handles multiple versions and automatically installs mods as well.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

The handcrafted way is by simply copying your game directory to somewhere else and call the shell script in there (7DaysToDie.sh or similar) if you want to play that game. Steam has to run in the background while doing this even though you don't use it.

The comfortable way is to install the Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die, a management utility that handles multiple versions and automatically installs mods as well.

thanks for trying to explain, sorry to be a pain but i'm 60 and not that good with computers, i think i get the copy bit, by handcrafted do you mean manual copying?, i only launch the game through steam as i like the big picture mode and the only launcher i know came with the game, is there a mod launcher that you'd recommend. i found 7daystodiemods.com which has khainegb's darkness falls for download but did'nt see any mod launchers

4 hours ago, Warpspawn said:

thanks for trying to explain, sorry to be a pain but i'm 60 and not that good with computers, i think i get the copy bit, by handcrafted do you mean manual copying?, i only launch the game through steam as i like the big picture mode and the only launcher i know came with the game, is there a mod launcher that you'd recommend. i found 7daystodiemods.com which has khainegb's darkness falls for download but did'nt see any mod launchers

Not many (if any...) people use big picture mode for steam.

How do you currently play Darkness Falls?  It seems from your post you know how difficult DF is so you must have played it?  Can you not set up your daughter in the same way?

By handcrafted he means not using the mod launcher.  Mod launcher can be found here: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/  Probably the simplest way to do it if you are not good with computers.  

Doing by hand is simple though, you copy and paste your 7Days directory into a new folder and then run the 7DaysToDie.exe from within there (or create a shortcut).

image.png.82385286c10a9e3715182968637d329e.png

Just to add, this is not he Darkness Falls thread, it's over here.

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

11 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

Not many (if any...) people use big picture mode for steam.

How do you currently play Darkness Falls?  It seems from your post you know how difficult DF is so you must have played it?  Can you not set up your daughter in the same way?

By handcrafted he means not using the mod launcher.  Mod launcher can be found here: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/  Probably the simplest way to do it if you are not good with computers.  

Doing by hand is simple though, you copy and paste your 7Days directory into a new folder and then run the 7DaysToDie.exe from within there (or create a shortcut).

image.png.82385286c10a9e3715182968637d329e.png

Just to add, this is not he Darkness Falls thread, it's over here.

thanks again for replying

i use big picture mode for waypoints and boxes because the game told me if i want to label stuff use bpm, i have not played DF yet as i didn't want to change the files that allow me to play with my daughter, this is the reason for my questions in the forums. i will be playing it when i can play both versions without conflict, now i know how to do that.

this wasn't a post specific to DF, i just used DF as an example as there are other overhauls out there, and how to use them was sort of important

6 minutes ago, Warpspawn said:

thanks again for replying

i use big picture mode for waypoints and boxes because the game told me if i want to label stuff use bpm, i have not played DF yet as i didn't want to change the files that allow me to play with my daughter, this is the reason for my questions in the forums. i will be playing it when i can play both versions without conflict, now i know how to do that.

this wasn't a post specific to DF, i just used DF as an example as there are other overhauls out there, and how to use them was sort of important

Ah using a controller then?  Makes sense given what my google search told me about 7 Days and controller issues, writing on boxes being one of them!  

7 Days really doesn't support controllers that well so good luck with getting the mods to work properly without the usual keyboard and mouse.

Dunno if something like this may help and stop using BPM? https://www.rewasd.com/community/config/7-days-to-die-controller-support/37223a74c89fe137c43d6841d39e94ea  

Hopefully someone else on here plays with a controller and can give you some help.

27 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

Ah using a controller then?  Makes sense given what my google search told me about 7 Days and controller issues, writing on boxes being one of them!  

7 Days really doesn't support controllers that well so good luck with getting the mods to work properly without the usual keyboard and mouse.

Dunno if something like this may help and stop using BPM? https://www.rewasd.com/community/config/7-days-to-die-controller-support/37223a74c89fe137c43d6841d39e94ea  

Hopefully someone else on here plays with a controller and can give you some help.

thanks i will check out the link. i would love not to use a controller, but my fingers don't support keyboard and mouse like they used to. my hardware is wearing out due to over use and can't be upgraded

Hi, I am creating a modpack for live streaming, I was wondering if I have permission to use "Chicken Coops" in a modlet of my own that I will create using xpath. I would like to make some growtick, recipes, and loot adjustments, to make it a little more difficult.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:08 PM, Hoaxmetal said:

Is there a way to disable/change the shift-keys shortcut for 15 Slot Toolbelt? I often change items while sprinting and it messes up my gameplay.

No.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, DaDiGui said:

Hi, I am creating a modpack for live streaming, I was wondering if I have permission to use "Chicken Coops" in a modlet of my own that I will create using xpath. I would like to make some growtick, recipes, and loot adjustments, to make it a little more difficult.

Sure

Once again, thank you so much for all the hard work!!

We're using this in MP (wife hosts on her machine), and it's working fine. At least, until we went to try the A20 wandering horde mod. It's the only mod we're running. Whenever the director spawns a wandering horde the console starts spamming the null reference warning on the hosting machine endlessly. It makes it so you can't do anything because the console is always showing itself. This is a fresh, clean install of the base game and DF btw.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can provide :)

Yeah. it clearly states it's for vanilla, not DF 😛 You need the DF specific version that's posted in the discord

On 2/27/2022 at 6:53 AM, GotinDrachenhart said:

Once again, thank you so much for all the hard work!!

We're using this in MP (wife hosts on her machine), and it's working fine. At least, until we went to try the A20 wandering horde mod. It's the only mod we're running. Whenever the director spawns a wandering horde the console starts spamming the null reference warning on the hosting machine endlessly. It makes it so you can't do anything because the console is always showing itself. This is a fresh, clean install of the base game and DF btw.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can provide :)

Same for you too. It's for vanilla, not DF. You need the DF one.

On 2/13/2022 at 7:44 PM, Warpspawn said:

thanks i will check out the link. i would love not to use a controller, but my fingers don't support keyboard and mouse like they used to. my hardware is wearing out due to over use and can't be upgraded

Just a heads up, this mod with UI tweaks for controller has been released, unsure if it works with DF though. https://7daystodiemods.com/ztensitys-controller-ui-tweaks/

On 3/3/2022 at 4:30 AM, KhaineGB said:

Yeah. it clearly states it's for vanilla, not DF 😛 You need the DF specific version that's posted in the discord

Same for you too. It's for vanilla, not DF. You need the DF one.

Tried both, same result. We ended up just removing it, you have native wanderers set up just fine. So we'll just wait until it's incorporated in the next big update :) Thanks man!

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You don't. Because I only gave him the base of the mod and he tweaked it further to get that result.

Ah, OK then. I'll try and fiddle with values in rwgmixer and see what results I get 🙂

On 3/5/2022 at 3:36 PM, KhaineGB said:

You don't. Because I only gave him the base of the mod and he tweaked it further to get that result.

Any chance we could get the base mod and try to tweak it out for a similar go m8?
I've used the  RWG tweak mod by MageDaddy to get some big cities, but can't quite find the mix to scrunch them all together, even on a small map.
At 42, I'm so far behind the times on modding and what-does-what that I feel like I'm starting over from scratch half the time.... 🥴

If it's something you guys wanted to keep private though, for his video series runthrough, all good then. I love watching that crazy git get hookered... 😆

I'm running a dedicated Dakrness Falls server and would also like to run Kill Tracking but it appears that when Kill Tracking is installed you can no longer see the Trader reputations - is there any way to have both display? I'm competent enough with computers to edit the XML files if needed - if there's something I can change in these to run both?

Thanks for the great mods Khaine :)