Khaine's A20 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

On 3/10/2022 at 4:55 AM, KhaineGB said:

Sure. I don't mind sharing the base mod. Then you can just tweak numbers and experiment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qeewxlxJsUKW2QopMGc8ILsVU5mB9Y_0/view?usp=sharing

Also, you're only a year older than me. ;) You got this.

Khaine, what am I supposed to be doing/looking at when the mod is installed correctly?

because I’ve done it the same way I’ve done your lockable inventory slots mod, and while this is working, I’m not seeing a different in the RWG.

help please?

On 3/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, PROJECT-BLUE said:

I'm running a dedicated Dakrness Falls server and would also like to run Kill Tracking but it appears that when Kill Tracking is installed you can no longer see the Trader reputations - is there any way to have both display? I'm competent enough with computers to edit the XML files if needed - if there's something I can change in these to run both?

Thanks for the great mods Khaine :)

Managed to get both working by editing the window.xml file in the KillTracking mod folder to include the dakrness falls stats😁

KhaineGB , was watching Jawoodle muppet around last night and he mentioned the multiple land claim mod. i have down loaded an know where to install. My question is can i use it in an existing game or do i have to start a new game ? 

having issues with the 60 slot back pack.  I have all 60 slots. but IF I fill them I NEED to be in god mode to even move.  HOW do I get enough carrying power to haul all that stuff?  IT great for edit mode. but game mod>> not so much. 

15 slots Toolbelt mod is so Awesome Thanks. I have a idea can you make please 25 or 30 slots toolbelt for a20 version, that would be amazing and also super cool, so that he carries Toolbelt 25 or  30 weapons haha, killing zombies would be more fun so that you can also select the weapons directly in the toolbelt :D hehe, with different weapons from mods  the idea would be great :D lets Kill zombies with 30 Slots toolbelt :p:target::rockon::flame::becky:

On 3/20/2022 at 9:31 AM, spud42 said:

KhaineGB , was watching Jawoodle muppet around last night and he mentioned the multiple land claim mod. i have down loaded an know where to install. My question is can i use it in an existing game or do i have to start a new game ? 

should work in an existing game

On 3/23/2022 at 6:28 PM, lil_joha said:

having issues with the 60 slot back pack.  I have all 60 slots. but IF I fill them I NEED to be in god mode to even move.  HOW do I get enough carrying power to haul all that stuff?  IT great for edit mode. but game mod>> not so much. 

You have to use pack mule.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:36 AM, Tanerseto said:

15 slots Toolbelt mod is so Awesome Thanks. I have a idea can you make please 25 or 30 slots toolbelt for a20 version, that would be amazing and also super cool, so that he carries Toolbelt 25 or  30 weapons haha, killing zombies would be more fun so that you can also select the weapons directly in the toolbelt :D hehe, with different weapons from mods  the idea would be great :D lets Kill zombies with 30 Slots toolbelt :p:target::rockon::flame::becky:

Probably but hotkeys wont work

Hi, I have added your 3 forge slot but the alignment is overlapping with the increased back pack mod (Lam90 backpack mod).

I have tried to change the 'pos' numbers but its difficult to get the exact numbers and i'm only trial and erroring it.

Is anyone able to assist by explaining how i would go around finding the correct pos numbers? or if thats even the right thing to edit?

https://ibb.co/YyqFFzB

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if the 96 Bigger Backpack mod has a negative effect on the Drone Cargo mods? Some players have been getting the following errors and we're trying to figure out what might be causing it. I read somewhere that drones might be the culprit but not sure... Anyone ever see these errors before?

It seems when the players were finally able to log in and immediately pick up their drone the problem lessened a bit but might have corrupted their files resulting in me having to delete their character and boost them back up with the new character.

Untitled7DD Error Codes.png

On 4/4/2022 at 2:37 PM, natkemon said:

Hi, I have added your 3 forge slot but the alignment is overlapping with the increased back pack mod (Lam90 backpack mod).

I have tried to change the 'pos' numbers but its difficult to get the exact numbers and i'm only trial and erroring it.

Is anyone able to assist by explaining how i would go around finding the correct pos numbers? or if thats even the right thing to edit?

https://ibb.co/YyqFFzB

Thanks.

I only tested it with mine, not other peoples.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:55 AM, hazymkii said:

Hello,

Does the Wandering Horde mod alter the makeup of the horde?

I was mobbed by a dozen or more ferals at game stage 85 and didn't stand a chance on the ground against them.

Thanks

If you mean does it change the wandering horde zombies? Yes. It doesn't touch bloodmoon.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, Okram said:

Hey,

is there a way to use bigger backpack and lockable inventory together? Seems not working for me. Nothing gets locked in the inventory.

Greetings

Okram

Works fine for me.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:52 PM, Greymantle said:

With the wondering horde mod we have noticed it doesn't scale as the game goes on. Were still getting full normal zombie hordes at level 40 plus. Is this intended?

It should do. It did when I tested it. I think I made it scale slower though so people don't just get murdered cos that's no fun.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:44 AM, Sugarfree said:

I'm wondering if the 96 Bigger Backpack mod has a negative effect on the Drone Cargo mods? Some players have been getting the following errors and we're trying to figure out what might be causing it. I read somewhere that drones might be the culprit but not sure... Anyone ever see these errors before?

It seems when the players were finally able to log in and immediately pick up their drone the problem lessened a bit but might have corrupted their files resulting in me having to delete their character and boost them back up with the new character.

Untitled7DD Error Codes.png

I've only seen this on 20.4 on an EXISTING save. I'll have to look.

But I tested it on DF and it was working ok. (on a clean save)

On 4/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, Llama King said:

Such an awesome mod and its great that you can add lock slots to the vehicles now too! Quick question, is it possible to add locked inventory slots to the drone as part of the mod at some point? Cheers.

Yes but I don't remember why I didn't do it. I think you have to add it to loot containers so that's why it's not been done.

Just a heads up about Log Spikes. As of A20.4 b42, there is a error log thrown up with this mod loaded right at game bootup due to a missing header in the localization file. This in turn causes a Jenga tower tumble of localization errors for every other mod below it in the list, whether they have a localization or not. Because of this, I can not start or get into a game world with this mod running. I think it could be fixed if a header string is added to the localization.txt, but I don't quite have the knowledge on how to do so.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Adviser69 said:

Just a heads up about Log Spikes. As of A20.4 b42, there is a error log thrown up with this mod loaded right at game bootup due to a missing header in the localization file. This in turn causes a Jenga tower tumble of localization errors for every other mod below it in the list, whether they have a localization or not. Because of this, I can not start or get into a game world with this mod running. I think it could be fixed if a header string is added to the localization.txt, but I don't quite have the knowledge on how to do so.

Same can't access my server now. If I take out the mod it crashes the clients.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, Rave_gaming_jj said:

so i have rented a server from gportal. i have used fileziila to tranfer my mods to it. the 15 slot tool belt mod is not working. i am getting the slots to show up but can not use them. any idea how to fix this?

It's a DLL file. Your host may not allow DLL uploads.

8 hours ago, Greymantle said:

Same can't access my server now. If I take out the mod it crashes the clients.

Take the localization file out and that should fix it. I need to see what TFP broke this time ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with the Dangerous Cities mod, like it a bunch, but I was wondering how I would go about toning down the respawn rate a smidge. It sometimes feels like new zombies appear immediately after I've cleared an area and I'd like to extend the time by like, a little bit, but I don't know what settings I'd have to change. 

EDIT: Would I increase "RespawnDelay" values? For example, move downtown/daytime from .3 to, say, .5? Lower value means faster respawn or I am completely off track?

Edited by Professor Phobos (see edit history)