A20 Official Release Date

Roland

12 minutes ago, Kexo said:

If i create random generated world on A20 experimental, will it work on all A20 stable updates?

It will probably work, but you're also probably going to have issues due to changes.  You are recommended to clean slate for updates during experimental, and for when Stable drops. You may also have to wipe for a .1 or .2 release.

5 hours ago, FarmerLee73 said:

So I am guessing about 4pm UK time?

Would be a bad guess.

faatal mentioned that they have a meeting today around 12:00 pm CST to discuss which build to release after the Streamer weekend.  Roland suggested that the release time might be around 2 - 4 pm CST.

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

Would be a bad guess.

faatal mentioned that they have a meeting today around 12:00 pm CST to discuss which build to release after the Streamer weekend.  Roland suggested that the release time might be around 2 - 4 pm CST.

So UK time we're talking between 8-10pm

Well. I'm very happy for the streamers you let play the new version of the game.  This begs the question - so maybe you should not buy the game, because enough streamers to watch, is not it?

Why should I feel like I'm disadvantaged?  My nose is not the same shape or something else? Sad.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, POCKET951 said:

I am not sure the best place to post this is but could this be clarified or fixed?
.  Untitled.png.f7ed72ee71b940c5542a0ae1be12ce36.png

1. Shamway foods factory (Factory_lrg_01)
2.Shotgun messiah Factory(Factory_lrg_02)

3. Apartment_brick_6_flr

4. Crack a book HQ (skyscraper)

5. Dishong tower (skyscaper)

6. Hisaghi Pharmaceutical Tower (skyscraper)

7. Hospital
8. Factory_03

Meanwhile..is this going to be changed..eventually?

21 minutes ago, nielm269 said:

So I seen in the patch notes a thing on zombie dismemberment, well welcome to the show party girl I'm coming to find you.

I will be listening to David Bowie & Mick Jagger Dancing In The Street while I perform my "Tests".

I think it's only Steve (yellow shirt) and Tom Clarke (the artist formally known as Spider Zombie) that have the new dismemberment tech enabled. So your "tests" will have to wait

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

Already seeing rumors of a delay... Though not sure anyone at TFP would be awake to be talking about that at the moment. Would suck if that's the case

The experimentals usually release around noon Central Time give or take a few hours. I highly doubt there's a delay

28 minutes ago, Captain Mightypants said:

Come on. Thats pretty normal. Each big Streamer can play Games before they are officially launched. Why should TFP do it different? Elden Ring is released in March and people were able to play it a few weeks ago...

Elden Rings network test was a lottery system though, I got in even though I'm just some guy. From Soft usually does a network test a few months before launch to see how their servers fare. However, I do agree, devs usually allow streamers/content creators play the game shortly before launch to build hype and let people know beforehand to boost numbers.

I'd also like to say that Elden Ring is launched February 25th not march :p

Edited by Snowydeath (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, Snowydeath said:

The experimentals usually release around noon Central Time give or take a few hours. I highly doubt there's a delay

Yeah I think someone panicked about a discord post saying it'll likely be 2-4 hours after CST so they considered that a delay

1 hour ago, alexgomel said:

Well. I'm very happy for the streamers you let play the new version of the game.  This begs the question - so maybe you should not buy the game, because enough streamers to watch, is not it?

Why should I feel like I'm disadvantaged?  My nose is not the same shape or something else? Sad.

it promote the game as well why disadvantage ? 

You are not disadvantaged.  Public release was going to be Monday, regardless if there was a Streamer even the following weekend or not.  So with Streamer weekend, we get the release today (barring any breaking issues).  Without the Streamer weekend, we get the release today.

ok its 11:10 am est.. and i cant find the experimental build anywhere on steam... my day started at midnight... i work in a power plant ... i want my A20 or im shutting off everyones power damnit lol.... I WANT MY A20 ( sang to the old tune of i want my mtv) yea im old not much patients here guys ..................................

2 hours ago, TheDay755Hero said:

Man, it will either be released today or tomorrow for me then here in Egypt 😬

image.thumb.png.ebc42d5ed54ce73487d6e68cc63e6bab.png

12 to 4? AAAAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot but I don't have a lot of time at the moment.  I've been watching a bunch of the videos and it seems like some/if not all streamers experience a bit of lag with the 'skyscrapers' as we've had before.  I was wondering if it's possible to control the mobs spawn in the vertical direction?  As this would seem to be the issue as well as before... IE: As you go by a building currently it seems that all mobs spawn but IF 'we' were able to control the spawning in the vertical direction then mobs  can only spawn in the floor above you and below you.  This would limit the spawnage and possibly the 'lag' associated with the skyscrapers.  See ya in A20!

You understand how marketing works, right? They are allowing some to preview the game in order to build a little hype for it. Think of it like AAA companies sending their game to Kotaku to review a certain period before release.  Of course, different medium than a written article, they are opting for a more modern approach.