A20 Official Release Date

Roland

Alpha 20 will be released to experimental* on Monday December 6, 2021. We wish to remind everyone that this will be an experimental release through Steam's beta opt-in interface. On Friday December 3, 2021, streamers around the world will showcase the experimental build and we hope that you will tune in and participate in the fun. Keys for a free copy of the game will be given away and many of the Twitch based streamers will be utilizing Twitch Integration which will allow you to participate in their gameplay in fun and often hilarious ways. It should be a great weekend long celebration of A20's long awaited arrival!

The release notes for A20 have been posted if you wish to look at all the official changes and additions in detail:

https://7daystodie.com/a20-official-release-notes/

Happy Days are Here Again, Survivalists!!!

*A20 will be named "latest_experimental" in the list of opt-ins. It is usually at the bottom of the list so keep scrolling down. It is necessary to start a fresh game for A20 and advisable to use the cleaning tool in the game launcher UI in order to clear out any and all old saves and maps which might interfere with the new build once you download A20 experimental. To use the cleaning tool you will do the following:

1. Start the game normally

2. Select Show Game Launcher instead of Play Game

3. Click on the Tools Tab

4. Click on the option to clean and then select everything that can be selected

5. Click clean.

To be on the safe side, when you generate a new map for A20, please do not name it the same as any previously named maps you have done. Same with the name you choose for your save. Pick something new.

Please note that the pregen maps are brand new for A20 and so are excellent maps to start with if you want to get playing right away. They are completely different than the Pregen maps of the past.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

• Roland pinned this topic
50 minutes ago, geengaween said:

Is the experimental version just a buggy version of a20 or are there features missing from it?

Experimental is basically a buggy version. Some features may be added before stable, but generally nothing major, since the goal of exp is to fix bugs and tweak before a stable release.

2 hours ago, poloko123456 said:

OMG!

I'm soooooooooooooooooo excitedddddddddddddd!!!

...and I just can't hide it!

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!
And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want pew-pew!

1 hour ago, EffiJeffy said:

Hell yeah! Great news :)@Roland got a quick question: Do you know at what time will experimental be released on monday? Is it going to be sometime in the morning ? Thanks for the answer.

It will be in the afternoon-- definitely not before 12pm Central Standard Time in the USA. The morning will be filled with debriefing and working through any last issues that emerged during the weekend that they deem Must Fixes. I think the last two updates (a18 and a19) released at around 2 or 3pm CST.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

This is exciting news! I don't want to be that guy (the release date guy), but how long historically to experimental periods tend to last? I'm unfortunately relegated to playing the game through Geforce Now, and if I understand correctly, I don't think I can launch experimental through that service (if anyone knows otherwise, I'd love any tips you have).