A20 Official Release Date

Roland

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

What time on Monday? I am a morning guy. I get up early

After you wake up.

39 minutes ago, Guynamedbob said:

So streamers sharing their keys with other players, definitely not allowed?

Streamers are allowed to play multiplayer with people of their choosing. The rule isn't that they can't share the password with those who will be playing with them, the rule is that those people cannot stream on their own channels. This game shines best when playing with a crew so we wanted to make sure there was plenty of that type of gameplay shown.

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

After you wake up.

Streamers are allowed to play multiplayer with people of their choosing. The rule isn't that they can't share the password with those who will be playing with them, the rule is that those people cannot stream on their own channels. This game shines best when playing with a crew so we wanted to make sure there was plenty of that type of gameplay shown.

So are you allowed to play a solo game if a streamer shares the key with you, or only with them? Not streaming, of course.

2 minutes ago, Guynamedbob said:

So are you allowed to play a solo game if a streamer shares the key with you, or only with them? Not streaming, of course.

There are two realities at play here:

Most who are playing MP will play all weekend together so even if they could play solo they will most likely want to play with their friends and do it that way.

There is no way to enforce or monitor whether someone who has been invited to play with a streamer is sneaking a solo play in their basement with the shutters drawn.

25 minutes ago, ZehMatt said:

A bit unfortunate to release it after the weekend and not prior :(

This was discuss before.  Releasing it to the public gives the development team the weekend off before having to address bugs that arise from the public playing the game.

These posts are always the most exciting yet most annoying at the same time.   

"Here is all this cool stuff that we are going to let these people play before you and ruin all the potential mystery for you."

Maybe I'm one of the few that actually likes to play the game while I'm watching the content creators I like play it.  Doing it this way is just annoying because now I have to avoid all social media around the game because everyone is just going to ruin everything.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

This was discuss before.  Releasing it to the public gives the development team the weekend off before having to address bugs that arise from the public playing the game.

Usually they don't fix the bug the same day someone reports it, it would hardly make a difference. But I'm not really complaining, its just "unfortunate".

3 hours ago, ZehMatt said:

Usually they don't fix the bug the same day someone reports it, it would hardly make a difference. But I'm not really complaining, its just "unfortunate".

Sure we do, if it is a major bug. It may not get released that same day, since it needs testing by others, but it would get worked on. Just like I saw performance issues today in downtown areas and debugged it and made some improvements. Needs more work, so I'll continue tomorrow, to hopefully go in a Sunday build to be ready for Monday.

Edited by faatal (see edit history)

12 hours ago, faatal said:

Sure we do, if it is a major bug. It may not get released that same day, since it needs testing by others, but it would get worked on. Just like I saw performance issues today in downtown areas and debugged it and made some improvements. Needs more work, so I'll continue tomorrow, to hopefully go in a Sunday build to be ready for Monday.

Well that was me assuming no one would actually work at the weekend, looks like I'm wrong 😄 Glad to see that however

16 hours ago, faatal said:

you know you are allowed to enjoy the weekend right?

Or does your hands shake every time you see a bug in the game and the only cure is to fix it?

😁

8 hours ago, ZehMatt said:

Well that was me assuming no one would actually work at the weekend, looks like I'm wrong 😄 Glad to see that however

We do as needed or if people choose to. There were 11 changes to SVN today by 6 different people and many are watching streamers, testing and making bug tickets.

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

you know you are allowed to enjoy the weekend right?

Or does your hands shake every time you see a bug in the game and the only cure is to fix it?

😁

I do at normal times, but releasing is not a normal time.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, ElCabong said:

What time on Monday? I am a morning guy. I get up early

@ElCabong Roland already answered that question. Here ya go:

On 12/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, Roland said:

It will be in the afternoon-- definitely not before 12pm Central Standard Time in the USA. The morning will be filled with debriefing and working through any last issues that emerged during the weekend that they deem Must Fixes. I think the last two updates (a18 and a19) released at around 2 or 3pm CST.

Edited by mprojekt (see edit history)

I am not sure the best place to post this is but could this be clarified or fixed?
.  Untitled.png.f7ed72ee71b940c5542a0ae1be12ce36.png

1. Shamway foods factory (Factory_lrg_01)
2.Shotgun messiah Factory(Factory_lrg_02)

3. Apartment_brick_6_flr

4. Crack a book HQ (skyscraper)

5. Dishong tower (skyscaper)

6. Hisaghi Pharmaceutical Tower (skyscraper)

7. Hospital
8. Factory_03

4 hours ago, Roland said:

I'm hopeful they might get it out a little earlier than they have in the past. They got it out earlier than normal on Friday so keep a close eye out for the announcement on Monday.

That would be nice. Would like to get a couple of hours play in before I turn in for the night