POi

Dragonking115

It would be pretty cool if The dabs put in a air force base because there is none at all which makes no sense to me that is. Because how are they helicopters everywhere because helicopters take a lot of fuel which is so the helicopters Hass to be a military base which means there have to be an air Force base in the map.

3 hours ago, Dragonking115 said:

It would be pretty cool if The dabs put in a air force base because there is none at all which makes no sense to me that is. Because how are they helicopters everywhere because helicopters take a lot of fuel which is so the helicopters Hass to be a military base which means there have to be an air Force base in the map.

what i wanna know is where the hell is the guy stationed that keep droppign the supply drops :)

On 11/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, Dragonking115 said:

You have Army bases. All of the branches of the armed forces in the USA fly helicopters. I don't know that there's a Heliport POI. I'll think about that.

Switching gears...

A significant challenge I see with an Air Force Base POI is the length of the runway for airplanes (not helicopters) which is what I'd expect to see at an AFB. The length of the runway at the AFB I was stationed at many years ago was 2 miles long, which is 3,129 blocks. The AFB would effectively be a 4k map. You're going to end up scaling it back, pretty much like how the distances between 7D2D cities is way too small. How long is a reasonable scaled back runway? 1,000, 500, 250, 100 Blocks?

If you make a Wilderness POI 250x250 Blocks, the placement will generally cut into mountains and make a bunch of square cliffs.

With A20 and Tiles, maybe the AFB becomes a custom type of city. Then you'll get a nice level patch of land integrated into the surrounding terrain. However, it doesn't appear you'll have control over how the Tiles are selected and arranged, meaning a runway spanning multiple Tiles might not actually fit together based on RWG choices.

We would need more environmental art support to really sell an airport POI.  Mostly modular airplane stuff.  Would be strange have an airport POI with no planes.  We could hodge podge one with shapes but not to the level that would be believable.

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

We would need more environmental art support to really sell an airport POI.  Mostly modular airplane stuff.  Would be strange have an airport POI with no planes.  We could hodge podge one with shapes but not to the level that would be believable.

No planes there could also mean that every one of them were used to get away from the area when the zombies overran it.  Might even make it look like that the last one got out before the perimeter was breached by a horde.

Though I am not very creative myself to do POIs (or maybe just not patient enough) so what I think might look cool is actually something that falls flat on its face.