Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

20 minutes ago, zztong said:

I'm not sure you're supposed to replace the game's rwgmixer.xml file with that from the CP. The CP's should be in a modlet (or a number of modlets) and contain XSLT that details changes to the game's rwgmixer.xml file that will be applied by whatever features support modlets.

It should stay were it is within the modlet.

Maybe I'm just crazy and you and Stallion are trying to accomplish something I've not realized, but usually you put folders that contain modlets into your Mods folder. The game should then find the modlet and integrate it with its default settings when the game is launched.

Got it working, thank you both!

5 hours ago, zztong said:

I'm not sure you're supposed to replace the game's rwgmixer.xml file with that from the CP. The CP's should be in a modlet (or a number of modlets) and contain XSLT that details changes to the game's rwgmixer.xml file that will be applied by whatever features support modlets.

It should stay were it is within the modlet.

Maybe I'm just crazy and you and Stallion are trying to accomplish something I've not realized, but usually you put folders that contain modlets into your Mods folder. The game should then find the modlet and integrate it with its default settings when the game is launched.

Argh no i misread his comment lol thanks for correcting 

4 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Is there any update on Terragon or is it Dead?

it is still being worked on and progressing 🙂

On 7/12/2022 at 10:42 PM, stallionsden said:

Yeh there is a setting that adds zs to the settlements on the roads etc . Will be doing a modlet to add for those that want it 

Is this something you or someone can explain easily ... is it a line I can almost copy/paste for each settlement?  or is it complicated?

14 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Thanks to arramus for the assist. 

Here is a mod that adds zombies to the streets of Fabbersville and Mega City. Simply extract and add the Mod to your Mods folder -

users/Username/appdata/roaming/7DaysToDie/Mods

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ouOZ6KZvWNxa65z5eAtkc5iFxiAIQ_V7/view?usp=sharing

Because im an idiot... does that mean the other settlements like medieval and etc will already spawn zombies and If I removed fabbersville and mega city I don't need this mod?

9 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Because im an idiot... does that mean the other settlements like medieval and etc will already spawn zombies and If I removed fabbersville and mega city I don't need this mod?

Correct if you dont have fabbersville and mega city you don't need this.

The other settlements are fine.

If you have 1 or the other so fabbersville or mega city then you simply need to comment out the one you don't have so a <!-- before the <append  and a --> after the end </append> of that settlement

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Correct if you dont have fabbersville and mega city you don't need this.

The other settlements are fine.

If you have 1 or the other so fabbersville or mega city then you simply need to comment out the one you don't have so a <!-- before the <append  and a --> after the end </append> of that settlement

Those are the 2 I removed... I guess I didn't even need it after all... LOL

I have one more dumb question - I am so sorry.  Regarding the note below.  My friend connecting to me would need to unzip this directly to his prefabs folder?  not in the POI folder (which is inside the prefab folder) ?  or in some mod folder?  or do the files need to be listed all individually in is POI folder .. etc.

CP#48 Part 2: https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/cp481-part-2
>
These files go into the Prefabs folder. Players can download Part 2 and add directly to their local Prefabs folder. This will help with FPS.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Those are the 2 I removed... I guess I didn't even need it after all... LOL

I have one more dumb question - I am so sorry.  Regarding the note below.  My friend connecting to me would need to unzip this directly to his prefabs folder?  not in the POI folder (which is inside the prefab folder) ?  or in some mod folder?  or do the files need to be listed all individually in is POI folder .. etc.

CP#48 Part 2: https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/cp481-part-2
>
These files go into the Prefabs folder. Players can download Part 2 and add directly to their local Prefabs folder. This will help with FPS.

yes correct into the prefabs folder not the POIs folder

Still holding you to those babies you promised lol 😛 

On 7/20/2022 at 11:52 PM, stallionsden said:

Still holding you to those babies you promised lol 😛 

Hello, about this, how that's work, please ?

Do the game recognize automatically all prefab in the folder Prefabs without set the path in xml ?

21 minutes ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Hello, about this, how that's work, please ?

Do the game recognize automatically all prefab in the folder Prefabs without set the path in xml ?

No you require the modlet/s that come with the cp as well for the tiles and Settlements.

But the game does recognise pois in folders as the cp has layed out

4 hours ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Correct, so long as you're talking about POIs. The game and RWG can both traverse directories in the Prefabs folder to find POIs and there are no XML entries for POIs.

But when it comes to Parts (built like POIs), they must be in a Prefabs/Parts folder in the modlet. The XML entries for Parts are in each POI's XML file.

When it comes to Tiles (built like POIs), they go in a Prefabs/RWGTiles folder AND they have entries in the rwgmixer.xml file, which you add using XSLT in your modlet.

When it comes to Decorations that are built like POIs, they can go in any folder under Prefabs and they must have entries in biomes.xml file, again via XSLT.

33 minutes ago, zztong said:

Correct, so long as you're talking about POIs. The game and RWG can both traverse directories in the Prefabs folder to find POIs and there are no XML entries for POIs.

But when it comes to Parts (built like POIs), they must be in a Prefabs/Parts folder in the modlet. The XML entries for Parts are in each POI's XML file.

When it comes to Tiles (built like POIs), they go in a Prefabs/RWGTiles folder AND they have entries in the rwgmixer.xml file, which you add using XSLT in your modlet.

When it comes to Decorations that are built like POIs, they can go in any folder under Prefabs and they must have entries in biomes.xml file, again via XSLT.

I thought life_for_dead meant the rwgmixer xmls needed and if the prefabs work I the folders have the cp. 

Maybe I misunderstood 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

9 hours ago, stallionsden said:

I thought life_for_dead meant the rwgmixer xmls needed and if the prefabs work I the folders have the cp. 

Maybe I misunderstood 

In fact I spoke about in general & not just for CP, by assuming the tags are correct with the xml of each prefabs & in rwgmixer.xml

Example:

- If I move all commercial prefab vanilla to ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\Commercial

- If I place all prefab I found in the internet to ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\Download

& so seem like the game automatic finds any prefab in the folder ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\ & subfolders.

16 minutes ago, Life_For_Dead said:

In fact I spoke about in general & not just for CP, by assuming the tags are correct with the xml of each prefabs & in rwgmixer.xml

Example:

- If I move all commercial prefab vanilla to ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\Commercial

- If I place all prefab I found in the internet to ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\Download

& so seem like the game automatic finds any prefab in the folder ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\ & subfolders.

Yeh misread lol.

And yeh Correct.

but if a tile or settlement code in rwgmixer is required. 

On 7/20/2022 at 6:52 PM, stallionsden said:

So does my friend, connecting to a map generated by me need to something special to get the parts/decorations to work or can he still just unzip the cp 48 part 2 into his prefabs folder?

Just now, SnowDog1942 said:

So does my friend, connecting to a map generated by me need to something special to get the parts/decorations to work or can he still just unzip the cp 48 part 2 into his prefabs folder?

Your friend just requires the part 2 unzipped and drag the folders into your friends prefabs folder

Hi there!

First of all: AMAZING work on the CP!!! It offers hours (better days or weeks) of additional gameplay.

But since it's the second game/world I'm getting this error I just thought I should report this. And it seems to originate in The Compopack. I just tried the save game without the CP installed and the error didn't appear.

I try to explain what happened on both of the games after some time (about Day 45 to 50 IIRC). I don't remember if it's the same trader. But when trying to talk to my nearest trader (in my actual game it's trader Rekt) the console pops up giving me two red lines of error messages:

First line: ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial'

Second line: EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I can't talk to him or trade.

On some former appearances the error disappeared visiting the trader on the next game day or trying to talk to him twice or reloading the game. But it seemed to be getting worse from day to day. Now I'm getting the errors every time i try to talk to him.

I have some other mods installed, but simple stuff like birdnest loot or a HUD tweaker. If I start 7D2D with the other mods activated but the CP inactive, everything works fine.

I would love to continue this savegame. And even if I start a new game, I'm afraid the same error will appear again after some time playing.

Any idea?

Thanks!

LaughingTear

23 minutes ago, LaughingTear said:

Hi there!

First of all: AMAZING work on the CP!!! It offers hours (better days or weeks) of additional gameplay.

But since it's the second game/world I'm getting this error I just thought I should report this. And it seems to originate in The Compopack. I just tried the save game without the CP installed and the error didn't appear.

I try to explain what happened on both of the games after some time (about Day 45 to 50 IIRC). I don't remember if it's the same trader. But when trying to talk to my nearest trader (in my actual game it's trader Rekt) the console pops up giving me two red lines of error messages:

First line: ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial'

Second line: EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I can't talk to him or trade.

On some former appearances the error disappeared visiting the trader on the next game day or trying to talk to him twice or reloading the game. But it seemed to be getting worse from day to day. Now I'm getting the errors every time i try to talk to him.

I have some other mods installed, but simple stuff like birdnest loot or a HUD tweaker. If I start 7D2D with the other mods activated but the CP inactive, everything works fine.

I would love to continue this savegame. And even if I start a new game, I'm afraid the same error will appear again after some time playing.

Any idea?

Thanks!

LaughingTear

I am still tracking this error myself. Whether it be a vanilla bug or actually related to cp. 

Only a few people have reported it tho as well so it not happening to everyone but some. 

As soon as I track it down will sort it if not vanilla. 

Which trader was it at.

What tier where you doing

40 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

I am still tracking this error myself. Whether it be a vanilla bug or actually related to cp. 

Only a few people have reported it tho as well so it not happening to everyone but some. 

As soon as I track it down will sort it if not vanilla. 

Wow, thanks, that was a fast reply!

Which trader was it at.

It is trader Rekt this time. I don't know which trader it was on the first world I got the error. Or did you asked about the POI? This time it's a vanilla trader POI I think, since it loaded fine without the CP installed.

What tier where you doing

At that trader I am already at tier 5. Of course I can't return to trader for the finished quest.

Thanks again!

LaughingTear