Anyone else hate vultures?

Dracula

1 hour ago, Roland said:

If you use a splint it cuts a huge amount of the time off and also greatly reduces the speed penalty. I haven’t heard anything specifically about reducing the effects more but once experimental is over and they start putting out .1 and .2 and .3 updates there has historically been a gentling of the penalties. We’ll just have to see how typical this cycle turns out to be...

Until then, for instant relief I subscribe eating broken  glass. Not only will your broken bones instantly heal but you will be fully hydrated and fed as well. Your only payment: a short delay until your next level (and any survivalist pride you may have).

Ha, not an option.  I play dead is dead.  Broken glass is a rather extreme fix in that situation 😛

I know the splint and cast heal it much faster but the timer is still just silly in how long it is.  Nothing else is even in the same ballpark.  It is orders of magnitude worse to break a leg particularly when it effects game play so massively.  Broken arm is a little better as avoiding ranged attacks is much more doable IMHO without getting bored.  Walking OTOH, god it is SLOW.

If you cannot tell I am not all that patient with games, lol :D

12 minutes ago, Sydious said:

7 Days to Die.  The survival, horde, crafting game.

Crafting

Survival

At least we still have the horde.

ROFLAMO.

I also figured out a sure-fire way to allow a vulture to catch up to you; a change in elevation or any piece of debris.

That will allow those cliff racer-esque @%$*#!s to beset my vehicle.

Will experiment on horde night just to see.

Just fyi bit, currently at end of day 10 on pregen2, 90m days, adventurer. Other than roof top birds I haven't seen a single vulture. 99-1/2% of the time in normal green forest biome (a few minutes in snow). Spend most of day 4 on a bike looking for honey (infected by wolf evening of day 3), did a trailer in the middle of nowhere, got an adrasion from a zdog, and was at ~60 health, rode off, no vultures.

Made a minibike day 6. Cleared the horde out on day 7, looted the 2 bags that dropped then hopped on the minibike & drove a few hundred meters up and back, just to see if vultures would spawn, they didn't show.

Only tangled with 3 flying roof rats so far. Not sure what it is but they do seem harder to hit than they did. But in general zeds in a19 seem a bit wonky for me, hitting them wise. Could well be my old vid card, no idea, but where in a18 and earlier there were a few animations where a few of the two-legged zeds would be immune from taking damge while in a particular animation, in a19 it seems more common when trying to shoot them, but melee seems to hit more reliably than before (shrug).

2 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Just fyi bit, currently at end of day 10 on pregen2, 90m days, adventurer. Other than roof top birds I haven't seen a single vulture. 99-1/2% of the time in normal green forest biome (a few minutes in snow). Spend most of day 4 on a bike looking for honey (infected by wolf evening of day 3), did a trailer in the middle of nowhere, got an adrasion from a zdog, and was at ~60 health, rode off, no vultures

Desert, Wasteland and Burnt Forest. They don't spawn outside of pois or horde night in the other two (snowy and normal forest).

I love the new horde night vultures. With my horde base design and a bicycle I have an unlimited supply of rotten meat, feathers and bones. No more searching for duct tape for me!

And if you are low on ammo just sit on your bike to spawn mostly vultures instead of zombies.

On 7/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, Dracula said:

My point isn't that I can't deal with them; it's that they're not BALANCED and are inconsistent with the game.  Just because they were designed to be overpowered interruptions does not mean that it's a GOOD thing or a positive change. 

This is of course, your personal opinion, while many others like myself feel they are just fine and "balanced" pretty nicely with A19 currently. The AI for the vultures make them smarter, as they wait for players to turn their backs to them so they can swoop in for a surprise attack. 

Learn how to shoot them down, or pull a spear once they come down for a range advantage. 

Overall, we need more creatures that are AI smarter and capable of becoming a real menace, annoyance, challenge, or whatever word you choose to use. 

I do not see where they are overpowered in any way and yes, I feel their features are GOOD and POSITIVE changes for the game. 

You always have the option to mod them out or make changes as you see fit. 

On 7/27/2020 at 10:41 PM, AzimKhendat said:

I didn't mind them in A18, but now that they're ridiculously aggressive, beat holes in my roof, totaled my motorcycle, etc. they've become the cliff racers of 7 Days To Die.

Never seen them target, let alone total a motorcycle o.O  They always target the player, even if your driving a vehicle. 

Beating holes in your roof? What kind of roof are you talking about? Are you talking about a flimsy little base you made? It takes a long time for them to break through any material, even a basic sheet metal ceiling piece (I know, I had 3-4 of them banging on 1 section for a very long time before they broke 1 piece). 

It's awesome they can become as aggressive as they are now, as previously they were just minor annoyances, where now, they actually are smarter and pose a threat like they should in this type of survival game. 

Pro tip: You can outrun vultures if driving motorcycles or the jeep, but not during a blood moon. 

On 7/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, katarynna said:

the health bars candy also greatly reduces healing time of broken arms and legs iirc. 50% less duration maybe?

Holy crap, how did I miss that.

That would help a lot, guess I need to add another thing to my bag of survival crap.  I wish we would get a larger hotbar, the number of things you need access to has been increasing since a16.  I used to love the fact that the wrench was both a hammer and used to break down objects - now I need 2 things to do the same job.  Many other things are going this way too.

Archived