A19 - no traders?

Supgee

Hi - been a player for a long time since like Alpha 13 - been excited for Alpha 19. Just downloaded it and went to play.

When I try and locate the trader it just says 0.0 meters. The new little HUD shows (1.3km for example) but when I arrive at the location there is nothing... I tried loading another map - same deal.

Am I the only one having this problem ?

39 minutes ago, Sydious said:

I have had no issues with this but I also did a full PC wipe and re-install of windows and everything Sunday.

You are a dedicated 7day2Die Fan to do a full system wipe in prep. For A19. 😅

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

You are a dedicated 7day2Die Fan to do a full system wipe in prep. For A19. 😅

Actually it was just good timing.  I just moved and went from 1.5 meg internet to 100 meg internet and have been taking advantage of 2 minute downloads vs. 2 day downloads lol.  But yeah I'm a fan.

In the dev thread multiple people were posting problems and in most cases they had not removed mods and/or had not started a new map. I would wipe the saves folder and generated worlds folder, delete all mods, and verify the cache through steam or reinstall.  I have generated two RWG maps and have not had any trouble finding the trader on both maps.

Edited by Kosmic Kerman (see edit history)

2 hours ago, ElCabong said:

the map I used where I couldn't find the traitor was North Quinive mountains.

For what it is worth, the map "name" you see is dynamically generated and next to meaningless. It is possible - though I expect extremely unlikely - for two seeds to end up with the same map name even though they have different RWG layouts. Only the seed + map size really matter as far as RWG goes.

My first RWG map had a trader in the expected location. I renamed my 7D2D game install folder and my save game folder before switching to "Latest Experimental" in Steam, causing it to download the entire game fresh. This ensures all mods are well and truly gone, something which "verify game files" doesn't do.

Of course reinstalling Windows is also a way to ensure the game is installed fresh. 🙂

43 minutes ago, MrJim said:

I've had exactly the same problem in a random gen map.  Spawn in, trader distance in top right corner says 0.0km, but the yellow exclamation mark says 3km.  Follow the marker, but no trader has spawned at the location.

My output log: https://pastebin.com/j3j18ucv

You still have a mod called "Hal's Run and Gun", I assume from a previous alpha?

More I couldn't find out as that logfile isn't complete.

But just make a test and delete everything in ...\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\. If you have older worlds you still would like to play, make a backup first. And then, when creating a new world, change the  game name (i.e. not "My Game" again) and fill in some word as game seed when starting a new world, don't use the empty string. You can even use the same string for game name and game seed

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

It happened to me in Pedalu County map also.  I quit and made a new game in Pedalu County and same problem.  I cheated for an auger and dug down and found the annoying "You are hitting my property" noise so maybe it's spawning under the mountain?  I didn't take the time to try and excavate the entire area to confirm that though.  The xyz was approx 4, 51, 2.  I have re-verified everything and have no mods but I didn't clear the saved game folder in case I decide to revert.  I guess the next step is to back that up and try again without it but I'll try a couple other new maps first to see if I have the same problem in them.

Did any of you with this problem notice a bunch of these errors in your logs?

447.841 WRN Could not load prefab 'settlement_trader_04'. Skipping it
447.841 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab '' does not exist!

40 minutes ago, Nahab said:

It happened to me in Pedalu County map also.  I quit and made a new game in Pedalu County and same problem.  I cheated for an auger and dug down and found the annoying "You are hitting my property" noise so maybe it's spawning under the mountain?  I didn't take the time to try and excavate the entire area to confirm that though.  The xyz was approx 4, 51, 2.  I have re-verified everything and have no mods but I didn't clear the saved game folder in case I decide to revert.  I guess the next step is to back that up and try again without it but I'll try a couple other new maps first to see if I have the same problem in them.

Did any of you with this problem notice a bunch of these errors in your logs?

The fact that you landed on Pedalu County again shows that you probably didn't choose a new map seed. Check the folder  ...\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds . Write down the Counties in there. Create a new world and make sure it is in a county that isn't already in GeneratedWorlds

1 hour ago, Nahab said:

For what it is worth, "settlement_trader_04" is an A18 prefab which does not exist in A19. You are trying to load up an A18 world somehow.

Weird.  I deleted everything there now and used the launcher to clear all old settings, etc and I can still choose pedalu county as a map option for a new game and I still get the same underground/missing trader at that location.  I load navezgane and it works fine though.

ETA.  I tried Hazeja Mountains and Dipigo Valley and got the same underground/missing trader issue.  I verified that there were no files in the roaming/7daystodie folder before launching and started a new game from that map option.  I still see Pedalu County as well. 

Navezgane and the 2 different random gen seeds work fine.  Which map options should we see at this stage?

Edited by Nahab
more information (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Nahab said:

Weird.  I deleted everything there now and used the launcher to clear all old settings, etc and I can still choose pedalu county as a map option for a new game and I still get the same underground/missing trader at that location.  I load navezgane and it works fine though.

ETA.  I tried Hazeja Mountains and Dipigo Valley and got the same underground/missing trader issue.  I verified that there were no files in the roaming/7daystodie folder before launching and started a new game from that map option.  I still see Pedalu County as well. 

Navezgane and the 2 different random gen seeds work fine.  Which map options should we see at this stage?

Check ...\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds folder if there are some generated maps. 

On 6/30/2020 at 4:57 PM, meganoth said:

You still have a mod called "Hal's Run and Gun", I assume from a previous alpha?

More I couldn't find out as that logfile isn't complete.

But just make a test and delete everything in ...\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\. If you have older worlds you still would like to play, make a backup first. And then, when creating a new world, change the  game name (i.e. not "My Game" again) and fill in some word as game seed when starting a new world, don't use the empty string. You can even use the same string for game name and game seed

Thank you so much!  That sorted it!  Oddly enough, when starting a RWG map previously, I hadn't noticed that the game didn't go through the usual generation sequence - it just loaded up!  Possibly using one of the RWG maps I'd used in A18.  The mod doesn't seem to have any impact, which is fortunate, as I'm physically disabled & can't easily play the game without it.  Thanks again for your help! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...