New forum look & feel poll

Roland
Message added by Roland

This thread and the poll thread were accidentally merged. Credit goes to Boidster for this very witty poll. I did not make the poll. Go find Boidster in this thread and give him a rep because the poll is his. Sorry for the confusion!

Please choose the 7D2D metaphor which most closely matches your impression of the new forum look & feel  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How does the new forum make you feel, in 7D2D terms?

• No-scope headshot on a blinking Demolisher
    • Decent POI which could be upgraded into a solid base
    • On the one hand, two gun safes in the loot room, on the other hand neither safe has a gun you want
    • Cop spit destroyed critical relay, all blade traps and turrets are offline, but at least you have some ammo
    • Backpack fell through the world, lost several top-tier items
    • THEY TOOK AWAY LBD!!!

Please post in this thread anything that you feel we need to know about the new forums. We know it will take some time to get used to things...again. But we hope this new platform will be much improved over what we had.

KNOWN ISSUES

Formatting of previous posts involving tags like quote is broken. Those codes are still being processed and should resolve after a day or two.

• Roland pinned this topic

Welcome to the new forums. We have 2 themes, a light and dark. You can change the theme at the bottom of the page. Please give the system a few hours for it to process all the changes. This includes post indexing and fixing BBCode's.

13 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Does this include whole sections missing, like Mods section? Is it going to be fixed automatically too?

Yes, the posts are indeed there as I can see them.

Also I am looking into people posting and it requiring a moderator to approve it.

The modding forum is actually here. It is in the mods subforum within the general modding category. In the old forum the Modding Category was simply that-- a category and you couldn't post in it. With these forums it is an actual forum that can be posted to but there are of course no posts yet except mine.

I think it's utter crap. Change is bad. There are a few things I would change. It's growing on me. I like it. It is perfect don't ever change it.

Okay I think I've run the gamut there.

Not a huge fan of the 'overhead' in the UI (buttons are huge, separators are thick), but it's just personal preference. Here's the big test:

image.png.d7ed116ea4377b948b81ec2e7d9ff951.png

Niiiiice...inline pasting of screencaps is supported. It is perfect don't ever change it.

2 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Niiiiice...inline pasting of screencaps is supported. It is perfect don't ever change it.

I really like it, no other feedback from me. I love that feature, and the quote function seems really nice. It's not obvious where to continue typing after quick quoting, but I instinctively clicked outside of it quickly, so the UI is user friendly on that function anyway. No idea what all of the 'reaction' emoji things do/are for other than flair... and other things like rep and articles/article comments are confusing to me but hey, posting and commenting is all that matters. Very nice. P.S., drag and drop attachments? Nice.

26 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i miss the option to go to last unread post. now i see last page option to go to.

It is still there Joe. To the left of a thread there are two little talk bubble icons. Click that and you go to the last unread post.

Now that the disgusting ban on us British folks posting has been lifted... 😁 

Forum default font is great - easily readable, even with my tired old eyes.

Pinned topics need a slightly different background colour to help differentiate them. The pin icon probably isn't enough for some folks

I can't see the theme switcher - dunno if it's just because y'all are discriminating against us Brits still, or it's one of those features that is just being stubborn about propagating.

All in all, I'm liking the new layout. And it seems a LOT faster. Good job, guys.

11 minutes ago, FreakUK said:

Now that the disgusting ban on us British folks posting has been lifted... 😁 

Forum default font is great - easily readable, even with my tired old eyes.

Pinned topics need a slightly different background colour to help differentiate them. The pin icon probably isn't enough for some folks

I can't see the theme switcher - dunno if it's just because y'all are discriminating against us Brits still, or it's one of those features that is just being stubborn about propagating.

All in all, I'm liking the new layout. And it seems a LOT faster. Good job, guys.

image.png.8ab879544b2f53ce72fe97181ed58d7a.png