New forum look & feel poll

Roland
Message added by Roland

This thread and the poll thread were accidentally merged. Credit goes to Boidster for this very witty poll. I did not make the poll. Go find Boidster in this thread and give him a rep because the poll is his. Sorry for the confusion!

Please choose the 7D2D metaphor which most closely matches your impression of the new forum look & feel  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How does the new forum make you feel, in 7D2D terms?

• No-scope headshot on a blinking Demolisher
    • Decent POI which could be upgraded into a solid base
    • On the one hand, two gun safes in the loot room, on the other hand neither safe has a gun you want
    • Cop spit destroyed critical relay, all blade traps and turrets are offline, but at least you have some ammo
    • Backpack fell through the world, lost several top-tier items
    • THEY TOOK AWAY LBD!!!

2 hours ago, FileMachete said:

The lack of a Cancel button in a Reply/Quote is really annoying.

Agreed. More than once I've started a reply to a thread, then thought better of it and navigated away. Later I come back to that thread to reply with something else, and everything I had typed before is still there. Including attachments. It appears to remember on a per-thread basis the 'draft' you were writing. So I have to manually delete the stuff in the old draft reply before I can start a new one. Maybe TFP could put in a feature request to Invision.

4 hours ago, Jeraal said:

I voted for the gun safes. I much prefer the older system with the red and yellow theme. I'll refer to it as alpha 16 which I liked. The one prior to this one I'll call alpha 17, which I very much disliked. This version I'll call alpha 18, which is better than 17. 

You're not getting Alpha 19 any time soon, so you better get used to what you have now lol

Things I miss from the old forums:  backlinks to a quoted-post, and "first unread" in the topic I'm reading. I know you can get there from topic indexes, I'm saying the nav-within-topic features are missing. And I don't see how to go back to the post someone quoted at all, I can hide the quoted bit, there's a link to the poster's profile page, but if there's a link to the actual quoted post my pixel-fu is too weak.  

On 5/5/2020 at 6:27 AM, FileMachete said:

Like the general look of things.

Agree w @mr.devolver that the Private Messages icon doesn't seem right... I think the two thought 'balloons' should be side-by-side...:caked:

Question, is there a way to -delete- your own, recently posted, post?

The lack of a Cancel button in a Reply/Quote is really annoying. I often have to use the Quote option in order to view hyperlinks to content folks post (some pic sources & youtube vids, etc) since I use FF w NoScript.

Example, was trying to find the YT vid from this thread;

link wise all I can see is "" [video=youtube_share;n6XzyWVGss4] "" (the n6XzyWVGss4 portion isn't found via youtube search) even with youtube.com allowed in NoScript. And trying to see the full link by Quoting doesn't work w new forums. There's just a large empty box.

The link to the post or the video itself? The video in the post is working fine.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

9 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

The link to the post or the video itself? The video in the post is working fine.

@bobrpggamer I can't see a 'full' link; like   h t t p s : / / y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ? v = 4 o T l v O B M C S Q  even when I Quote the post. Nor is video itself shown in forum page.

In the old forums Quoting a post revealed the html/link bits so I could just r-click on a link & open in a new window.

While I _can_ see what should be the unique yt video id in this bit, " [video=youtube_share;n6XzyWVGss4] " searching for " n6XzyWVGss4 " in yt doesn't find the vid.

I used a fun pimps vid in the full link example above. Searching for " 4oTlvOBMCSQ " on yt finds that video.

This when running Firefox 75.0 with NoScript 11.0.3 & Adblock Plus active, this forum site set to trusted & YouTube set to temp trusted. No other google sites are trusted, which may be the cause, though no sites other than " 7daystodie.com " are shown in NoScript.

Anyway. It's almost certain that my particular setup is blocking something of some kind, and that's goofing things up. Not a big deal, I'm used to it, and willing to put up with it to surf safe, so to speak. :classic_smile: