Post something interesting!

Tahaan

If everybody only posts on the Dev Diaries thread, why do we even need a forum with categories and such. We just need a single discussion thread because it seems that's where everyone is posting anything and everthing.

Come on someone post something interesting.

If everybody only posts on the Dev Diaries thread, why do we even need a forum with categories and such. We just need a single discussion thread because it seems that's where everyone is posting anything and everthing.

Come on someone post something interesting.

Because we don't want pages of discussion or arguing over any particular subject. This forum is for general discussions on (for example) food spoilage. Food spoilage is not a topic for the dev diary but if someone feels strongly about it then they can argue their case here. Right now we are in the lull before the next Alpha drops. Once Alpha 19 drops there will be a ton of conversation about aspects of the release that people don't like. Things will get interesting for sure. But until then there is always Spam with bacon.

I am actually unsure if I have ever eaten Spam. And I'm pretty old. I don't think it was ever a part of my family's recipe toolkit. I assume also that Spam was not prevalent in northern California cuisine in general. My first experience with Spam may actually have been via singing Vikings in a British restaurant.

When the newspaper interviews me on the occasion of my 100th birthday, I will attribute my longevity to never having eaten Spam. Sorry in advance, Hormel Foods, Inc.

I am actually unsure if I have ever eaten Spam. And I'm pretty old. I don't think it was ever a part of my family's recipe toolkit. I assume also that Spam was not prevalent in northern California cuisine in general. My first experience with Spam may actually have been via singing Vikings in a British restaurant.

When the newspaper interviews me on the occasion of my 100th birthday, I will attribute my longevity to never having eaten Spam. Sorry in advance, Hormel Foods, Inc.

You ever hear of a spam masubi? One of the best treats on earth!!!! ??

~/bin/7dscum:

#!/bin/sh
sd=~/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves
make --no-print-directory -q -C $sd || exec make --no-print-directory -C $sd

The Makefile in that directory:

.DEFAULT_GOAL = 7dtd_savescums
.RECIPEPREFIX = >
MAKEFLAGS+=--no-print-directory -Rr

Makefile: Makefile.saves; @touch $@

Makefile.saves: */*
> @echo updating $@, new maps/saves detected
> @printf >$@ %s\\n '# $@ autogenerated on $(shell date -R)' 'Saves :=' 'Scums :='
> @for f in $^; do if test -f $$f/main.ttw; then \
>       target="$${f%/*}.$${f##*/}.tzst" && \
>       printf '%s:\t%s\n' $$target $$f/main.ttw && \
>       printf '\t%s;\n' \
>               'ls -r "'$$target'"* 2>&- | while read; do mv "$$$$REPLY" "$$$$REPLY~"; done' \
>               'tar caf "'"$$target"'" "'"$$f"'"' && \
>       printf %s\\n "Saves += $$target" "Scums += $$f"; \
> fi; done >>$@

-include Makefile.saves

.PHONY: 7dtd_savescums
7dtd_savescums: $(Saves);

perfect timing, I was talking about my perfectionist base building and necessary symmetry and I was going to show how ridiculous it really is. Here is a set of pipe fittings I made in a 3D app and the crazy thing is that I spent over three weeks perfecting the thing and I still see imperfections in it.

166535316_PipeFittings.jpg.f4d1d466692d4d52b2231d7247f954e6.jpg

This was going to be the basis of a custom flight simulation table created from scratch but after 3 weeks I had put so much time in 2 pipe fittings I just gave up, at that rate it would have been a year long project. Perfectionism is a curse.

I guess I could sell it like Andy Warhol Campbells Soup type thing for a couple of bucks and maybe it will be worth more when I am dead. There are a lot of oddball art collectors out there so who knows.

I happen to agree that the Off Topic section should have remained for guys that want to talk about zombie movies and other games, that way my post about F.E.A.R. and Condemned: Criminal Origins will not have seemed so bizarre.

The more I look at it the more i am drawn to its atheistic appeal and has a sort of mystery to to it, why pipe fittings did this have a significant meaning to it, no its just 2 pipe fittings.

If your wondering, this is not a photo, its a 3D wireframe wrapped in a metallic material with slight reflection and a galvanized bump map added and rendered with a HDR image used as a skylight without any other lights sources by using a Global Illumination renderer and a bitmap placed on a plane as the ground.

Archived