Vehicle horns

ComradeSch

There's one thing that I always found comedically ironic about the horns in 7DTD Alpha 17, and that's the fact that the 4x4 truck has the same horn sound as the Minibike, which is to say, a little clown horn that heavily contrasts with the loud diesel roaring of that probably 6L Cummins engine crammed into the thing. I always thought that better horn sounds would include things like:

A horn like this.

Or this:

Or maybe this:

But no, the 4x4's horn literally sounds almost exactly like this:

I mean, if only the motorcycle, minibike and bicycle's horn sounds like that I'd understand, but this is a big, 4x4 diesel truck with a lot of Mad Max spikes and mufflers the size of oil drums in the back we're talking about here.

...That and I sincerely think the Speaker block sound should be this:

Absolutely not you uncultured swine.

This.

Is what it should be. Honestly HORNS should be a mod you can add to the jeep, different noises.

Somehow, I knew it before I clicked the link. I would love that in the game, especially while jumping over a horde, lol. My phones ringtone uses the theme song, Good Ol' Boy. :D

It's a super easy mod to make...

... just saying. :)

Trust me, I tried. For an entire day. THings refused to compile, the tools needed for the mod constantly crashed trying to just read the area where the sounds were packed, and I never was capable of getting close.

• 5 months later...

A little late to the game, but there's this modlet: "Khelldon-GetHorny" which changes the horns for the vehicles. It works with a17 and a18. If you don't want to use it as-is, and wanted to change the horn sounds, all you have to do is modify this modlet by making your own <hornsound>.unity3d files.

Inside these downloads is the "Khelldon-GetHorny" modlet (and several others)

Here's the direct link to download all of Khelldon's modlets I've been maintaining for a18: https://github.com/doughphunghus/7d2dModlets/archive/master.zip

Here's the direct link to download all of Khelldon's modlets he originally did for a17: https://github.com/Khelldon/7d2dModlets/archive/master.zip

I´d love to blast some heavy metal riff via the horn while driving. Like Raining Blood from Slayer or something.

It's definitely do-able, I think. I'm not sure if there's some limit to "how long a sound can last" for something like a vehicle horn, but it might work.

Of course, you'd have to mod it in yourself and play it locally only.

I have a post in a forum thread that hopefully explains how to take an audio file and convert it into a .unity3d file. Its really wordy but once you do it one time you see how its not that many steps. It may help to read all the posts in the thread by GuppyCur and Xyth as well: https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/game-modification/discussion-and-requests/113656-adding-a-new-sound-to-game?p=1634018#post1634018

Sure, why not ;) If it worked in PVP it might be an awesome tactic just to have your bike nearby and pretend to return fire

I'd rather, you know, actually return fire. :D

I can't complain, though. I remember just getting a passenger in the jeep was a major programming achievement.

The horns are only included because the clown zombies are not done, yet. You would have to defeat those to loot the clown horns to craft a vehicle.

I almost hope the clown zombie statement is a joke. My best friend might never play again lol.

Archived