Recommended Video Card for A18e?

Laz Man

So do you think 16Gb RAM (DDR 3) is too little, I just upgraded last year and it has a mild overclock @ 1500mhz its 16Gb DDR3 1333 Dual Channel.

16GB of ram is more than enough for this game (or any other game)

Hopefully they find a solution or good workaround quickly (before stable) as it would suck for all of the great improvements to be overshadowed by an optimization issue.

Ya, all their efforts going towards making the game look good isn't worth it if they lose their player base simply because ppl can't afford to keep upgrading their computers every year. At this point, the system requirements just feels like a blatant lie now. Remember back when the game only needed 512mb of video memory, 4GB of ram and a dual core CPU? Look where it's at now. It's not even remotely close to what it used to be.

Sooooo, I am on my PC right now and did some checking. I bought my card in 2015 and it only has 2GB of VRAM. I'd say I have gotten my money's worth out of it by now lol.

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+

Bought it on sale for $199 ($10 rebate + Witcher 3 included) :)

Right now I'm rocking an old system -

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 8.0GB

SOUND: Turtle Beach Recon 60P

Looking at this setup atm:

https://www.staples.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Gamer-Master-GMA430-Desktop-AMD-Ryzen-5-1500X-3TB-HDD-8GB-DDR4-Win-10-AMD-RX-580-Graphics/product_24185025

I have heard though Radeon GPU's are giving a18 B139 some probs.

Well if do not mind a video card being used getting a used one off of ebay would be good option. You can get used gtx 1070 with 8 gb ram for around $200 on ebay.

Ya, you definitely save a lot of money buying used... but problem is, you have no idea if it went through bit mining levels of stress or if it has other problems.

I run a Radeon RX 580 and the game is smooth and stable (30-45 FPS outside/city 60 FPS underground/in buildings) at max settings minus reflections and water turned down to low (can't stand how shiny it makes everything)

One MAJOR bottle neck in your cards performance could be your memory and cpu. I used to run the same card on an AMD FX chip with 8GB DDR3 ram. Got WAY worse performance than I do now. Once I swapped out my MB and put in a Ryzen chip and DDR4 ram. Literally got 10 FPS more at higher setting with the SAME GPU.

Don't forget how much your CPU/RAM will bottle neck performance. If your CPU and RAM can't keep up, a more powerful GPU may not give you the gains you are seeking.

I have heard though Radeon GPU's are giving a18 B139 some probs.

http://crongame.com/nitrogen/NitroGen_WorldGenerator_A18.zip

Only issue is RWG. Use Nitrogen was updated to include new POI. Works fine.

8GB RAM, GTX1660 (6GB), i5, 1080p. With medium settings for a18e, I get between 45-100+ fps. I'm pretty happy with the 1660, I can run most of my games on high or ultra.

Yeah that's a good card. Probably the best value per dollar of an Nvidia card right now. You can snipe one for 200 bucks on occasion.

This machine is using an RX 570, and it's handled everything fine barring the RWG but that doesn't bother me, really. It's an experimental build and it handles the game at high settings perfectly fine. RWG is whatever and isn't going to make or break things for me. Plus its price point is fantastic for what you get.

I've played countless games with zero issues so I'm not sure what other problems people have. Previous card in this box was an R9 390 and it was great, as well for 1080 gaming.

But as others have said, it's not always the GPU. Having the game on an SSD coupled with a decent CPU + plenty of ram is equally beneficial.

Something interesting to share. I noticed I get significantly better FPS with the Pregen02 map vs the Pregen01 map. In my pregen01 game my system memory is maxing out while in pregen01 it stays around 9GG out of 12GB. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: I may just upgrade my system ram 1st as it's the cheaper initial investment. 😅

Something interesting to share. I noticed I get significantly better FPS with the Pregen02 map vs the Pregen01 map. In my pregen01 game my system memory is maxing out while in pregen01 it stays around 9GG out of 12GB. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: I may just upgrade my system ram 1st as it's the cheaper initial investment. ��

If you have pagefile enabled on an SSD, then running out of ram isn't too big of a deal as it would just use the SSD as ram. Of course, there might be a small performance hit, but likely not that bad. I personally wouldn't worry too much about that compared to video card since video card will benefit you for every game you play, ram will only benefit you for this 1 game... and maybe 1 or 2 others depending on what you're into.

i have a GTX 1080 and while i have found a fix for the fps issue somewhat, it still tanks my card, at some points it takes my card to 70 degrees celsius and my cpu similar with around 80 -90% usage, and that is when i am NOT streaming the game on twitch.

I read some of their posts regarding this issue and it seems they are working on it so hopefully they can fix that soon as it hinders me playing it as i don't want to overcook my system into an early grave lol!

Why would you prefer to stick with a company that price gouges customers and barely outperforms the competition? You realize next year RDNA2 cards will destroy NVIDIA RTX lineup in ray tracing right? So will consoles Lmao.

ATI fanboys also said that their framrates were going to double overnight with windows 10 and the introduction of DX12....

Still waiting for that day...

I have 2 PC's that I run the game on, one for me and one for my wife. My wife gets the RTX2080 which runs the game fantastically. I was getting over 100+ frames before I locked it at 72 setting vsync to half. There was a small issue with the card sounding like it was going to blast to space when it reached 80c, but I seem to have gotten that resolved. The computer I use has a gtx 1050ti running on an AMD fx-8350 and 16 gb RAM. I get around 40-60 fps with medium settings with a few tweaks.

Yeah, TFP made the game unplayable for 90% of their players. A17 and A18 both. Frame rates are so crappy I have not played since A17 was released.

I have I7 CPU with 16 GB RAM, Geforce 960 with 2GB of video RAM. Was getting 3-5 FPS with default settings. Even tried 1600 x 900 with every setting turned off or to low (what ever lowest setting was) and still barely getting 30 FPS with spikes down into the teens. It doesn't have to be imacculate, but make it playable on the lowest of settings without needing a $1000 video card to play it.

I even hear the Streamers moaning about the frame rates and they usually have very hihg end computers. Very disappointed with TFP lack of consideration for making the game playable...

Yeah, TFP made the game unplayable for 90% of their players. A17 and A18 both. Frame rates are so crappy I have not played since A17 was released.

I have I7 CPU with 16 GB RAM, Geforce 960 with 2GB of video RAM. Was getting 3-5 FPS with default settings. Even tried 1600 x 900 with every setting turned off or to low (what ever lowest setting was) and still barely getting 30 FPS with spikes down into the teens. It doesn't have to be imacculate, but make it playable on the lowest of settings without needing a $1000 video card to play it.

I even hear the Streamers moaning about the frame rates and they usually have very hihg end computers. Very disappointed with TFP lack of consideration for making the game playable...

I get what you're going through. I've been scratching my head since day one at some majorly messed up frame rates randomly. However, it looks like they figured out that a bunch of textures weren't set to stream properly, eating up VRAM. They are working on it now and expect significant improvements on the next minor patch. I did recently purchase a new video card specifically for this game because my 1070 plays all my other games great. It's the price we pay for playing an Alpha game. We just have to be patient. I've been reading through the forums and experimenting, trying to get it working somewhat reasonable. Here is a list of basic things I've been reading and determine help -

F1 Command Line (in game)

Followed by:

GFX DT (To disable draw distance)

GFX PP ENABLE 0 (Type 1 instead to reenable)

NVidia Control panel

AF (Antistropic Filtering) set to 2X

Texture Filtering Quality set to PERFORMANCE

In Game visual

Turn down resolution

In Quality settings:

Turn off Shadows and reflections

Archived