From smart zombies to zombie genius - alpha 18

KrashYT22

P.s. I am writing via google translator

I saw today the news about the addition of a zombie with a bomb (demolition man). So, so many complained about the unrealistic zombie interlect. But according to the description of this new zombie, he seems to have become even more.

It seems someone was inspired by the game of the plant against the zombies. Where each zombie had its own philosophy and purpose in life. For this zombie goal in life, reach the wall, and explode there.

I understand the game conventions exist. But they are needed to smooth out something ultra heavy. But here, the zombie just goes through the spikes, namely to the wall, and it explodes itself.

In my opinion this is too brilliant for a piece of meat.

Why it’s just impossible to make the explosion depend on the actions of the player.

EDIT:

What is your problem? It's not about the fact that it is hard to come up with a strategy, or something like that.

The problem is the absurdity of his high intelligence. The problem is in his goals, and most importantly in the possibilities of achieving them - he has too many of them. And the fact that he has a lot of them is not difficult, but strange.

This zombie may be in the game. I understand how explosives or mines stuck to him in some way. I understand that careless handling of this zombie causes detonation.

But I do not understand when this zombie is ignored by a trap - it goes to the wall - and is detonated by hand itself. Or maybe he will throw a grenade through the fence, and make a couple of headshots from akm for the survivors?

Another brilliant idea from the puking green cop genius. Jihadist zombies now? really!! They are taking suspension of disbelief way way too far now. How would a zombie target a wall on a base knowing to go there and explode, is there really such a shortage of decent ideas to overcome the numbers cap?

a18 is sounding like a17 + with worse to come, talk about hell on earth lol.

Got to agree with this. Even if they specifically want to have a zombie kamikaze in the game, they could just make it more theme-friendly, like the cop zombie or something like this.

Those are all the secret Al-Quaida terrorists already living amongst us. The apocalypse didnt spare them, now they do the only thing they can :D

I'm not a fan of this zombie either, but when he becomes a part of the game, we'll definitely have to deal with it. There is no way around that.

Since little is known about the zombie yet, one can only speculate about countermeasures. The exact way the zombie works will show you how to fend it off. I'll probably have to spend a few hours running simulations to find an effective strategy against this firecracker.

What is your problem? It's not about the fact that it is hard to come up with a strategy, or something like that.

The problem is the absurdity of his high intelligence. The problem is in his goals, and most importantly in the possibilities of achieving them - he has too many of them. And the fact that he has a lot of them is not difficult, but strange.

This zombie may be in the game. I understand how explosives or mines stuck to him in some way. I understand that careless handling of this zombie causes detonation.

But I do not understand when this zombie is ignored by a trap - it goes to the wall - and is detonated by hand itself. Or maybe he will throw a grenade through the fence, and make a couple of headshots from akm for the survivors?

Personally rather see one that blows up in a burst and covers things in an acidic juices. Would fit the theme better and be more realistic. I don't see too many bomb disposal guys being dressed up with explosives during a zombie horde. I can see a zombie getting mutated and swelling up from being in containmented water. When killed the juices would dot the blocks and eat at them like they were being hit.

I keep coming back to this forum hoping to see something that tells me development is turning back in a good direction. Then I see stuff like this and I have to wonder what the hell these guys are thinking.

They had a really fantastic game that just needed polish, but it seems like they've just gone off the deep end now.

If all you’re looking for is a reason then it could be a crazy bandit that knows he’s turning and wants to do as much destruction as possible before he’s all the way gone. You guys are being a bit ridiculous. There isn’t a single zombie type that can’t be easily modded out of the game if your immersion sense can’t handle it. Just comment out the demolisher zombie. Fixed.

This is going to be a great new enemy that isn’t just a bullet sponge so figure out a way to believe it or comment it out of your own game as people have with dogs for years now. .

I understand the want for the game to maintain the more traditional and realistic zombies. When something like this comes in, it can seem out of place.

As much as I would like things to remain where its at in this regard, at the same time I can't help but understand that things like this can make the game more fun and challenging.

I'm good with either direction. They could go realistic or they could go fantastic. I just wish they would pick a side and stick to it to keep the look and feel of the game cohesive.

If it were me, I would have gone full into non-realism. Realism is too hard. Not only do you have to think twice about every idea and stifle most of the creativity out of it, you also have to have top-notch graphics, physics, and animation. By going non-realism, you don't have to justify things like...

1) How can I carry that much?

2) How can I make wet concrete without a drop of water.

3) How can a blood moon happen so often?

4) Why are screamers attracted to activity?

5) How does a broken leg heal so quickly?

6) Where are all the non-zombie vultures and dogs?

7) Why do snakes hate me so much?

8) How can I make iron ore into scrap iron with my bare hands?

9) How can steel be made in a tiny stone forge with 0 carbon?

10) Who's working the bellows on the forge?

11) Who's crafting at my workbench?

12) How do I build frames without nails?

13) How do you upgrade concrete with a nail gun?

14) Why isn't the gas going bad?

15) How do turrets know the difference?

16) Where do the bodies go?

17) Where are the fish?

18) How can I breathe so far underground?

19) Where do the glass jars go?

20) How do I drink from a closed jar?

21) Why don't I sleep?

22) Where are all the Twinkies?

23) Why can't I swim like a normal person?

24) Why can't I collect rain?

25) Why are all zombies adults?

26) What makes a zombie glow green? surely not radiation.

27) How do zombies know where I am during a blood moon.

28) What exactly makes zombies run at night?

29) Why are so many pistols in toilets?

30) Where did that yellow bag come from?

31) Why can't I gyro to where the plane came from?

32) How is there a perfectly square radiation border?

33) What is this strange floating clock?

34) Why can't I have what the trader's camp is made of?

35) How are there lights on in cabins?

36) How can I respawn?

37) Why can't I grab ledges?

38) Why do I punch plants?

39) Why can't I crawl through holes?

40) Why don't I defecate?

If all you’re looking for is a reason then it could be a crazy bandit that knows he’s turning and wants to do as much destruction as possible before he’s all the way gone. You guys are being a bit ridiculous. There isn’t a single zombie type that can’t be easily modded out of the game if your immersion sense can’t handle it. Just comment out the demolisher zombie. Fixed.

This is going to be a great new enemy that isn’t just a bullet sponge so figure out a way to believe it or comment it out of your own game as people have with dogs for years now. .

It's not all black and white. The enemy will most likely be enjoyable mechanics-wise, but can't help but feel it could have been more theme-friendly.

Got to agree with this. Even if they specifically want to have a zombie kamikaze in the game, they could just make it more theme-friendly, like the cop zombie or something like this.

The cop zombies already blow up. Why do we need this thing? :-/

The cop zombies rush and blow up once wounded. These will rush and blow up from the start. Rushing and blowing up is their purpose rather than their side effect. And you can detonate them early with a well aimed shot rather than frantically trying to damage them the rest of their health.

It's not all black and white. The enemy will most likely be enjoyable mechanics-wise, but can't help but feel it could have been more theme-friendly.

I’ll talk to them and suggest they alter the description to be one of the Duke’s bandits that is turning but not yet completely turned with orders to do as much damage to you as possible. Then there is intelligence and motive and an understandable source of explosives all within the already established theme of the game.

After all the Duke left you for dead and now you have a thriving base in defiance of his mandate.

And bonus: since he isn’t completely turned yet TFP can claim the first bandit has made it into the game by A18

I’ll talk to them and suggest they alter the description to be one of the Duke’s bandits that is turning but not yet completely turned with orders to do as much damage to you as possible. Then there is intelligence and motive and an understandable source of explosives all within the already established theme of the game.

After all the Duke left you for dead and now you have a thriving base in defiance of his mandate.

And bonus: since he isn’t completely turned yet TFP can claim the first bandit has made it into the game by A18

So when they explode do they blast holes in the ground as well as player walls?

I don’t know. I don’t think he’s implemented yet into the builds. I think he’s still in the editors of those programmers who are working on him and hasn’t been committed. But I’ll check the spawner next time I’m on.

If so I’ll see if he’s a....uh...Crater Creator or not...

You forgot batteries for flashlights and mining helmets.

Why do Spiders jump?

Where is all other animals?

Even a Zombie should drown without "magic" involved assuming something could be mobile while dead. They still breath.

Why cant I just reassemble all these cars outright?

Why would all the bicycles in town not exist for us to just have?

How does opening a chest underground "summon" zombies? -Obvious game logic

Where are all the chickens??

Why would experience make my armor work better?

What is these Mechanical parts coming from all these guns?

Why would the trader care if I bunk with him for the night?

Everything that can slice up that cheese defense of your is a welcome addition.

How do you know his defense matches your criteria for cheesy?

If this zombie works as announced, almost any type of defense will be affected. No matter if you call it cheesy or not. The best way to stop the zombie, as far as we currently know, is to make him explode before he gets too close to the base. But this requires that you spot the zombie in time.

Archived