Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Talked about them, but in a game where you can break any block fairly easily, it just doesn't make much sense.

MM, what about this: Sneak into the bank. Pick the lock on the vault door, sneak into the vault and pick the locks on all of the wall safes, then sneak out. (The trader could even give you a quest to do this, which fails if you wake up or kill any zombies.)

Or a stealth-focused POI full of irradiated zombies with an amazing treasure room at the end. If you can sneak past them all and pick your way into the vault, it's yours. Wake them up, and you're toast.

Talked about them, but in a game where you can break any block fairly easily, it just doesn't make much sense.

It would be beneficial to anyone that doesn't perk into strength, and it could leave doors and safes undamaged which would make it better in some situations than just breaking things. Like picking a fire escape door to gain entry, then closing it behind you for safety.

It's certainly "fluff" compared to more important things that are missing from the game, but I think it could be neat.

@mm is the RWG part of the A17 fixes or still in the open if it will come with A18 instead?

edit: and just wanted to say I really liked what I read of prioritizing optimization and bug fixes.

A17 will get one more patch what will be mostly about RWG

- - - Updated - - -

also re:lock picking

Some traders have a safe that you can not open because you can not damage anything in a trader zone, but lockpicking could be a viable option instead.

Together with traders shooting you if you steal from them

Now that we have multiple vehicles I would like to see a vehicle mining mod or mining vehicle that would be late game for our mega builds. Also, I agree with previous that I will celebrate additional blocks and painting skins (think 30 was to label a supply box, 20 carpets, 40 wall paint colors, new skins instead of broken down skins only, etc)) in A18.

Thanks. Love playing.

I'd actually like to see more deco blocks to make the world and POI's richer overall. It's actually kind of a bummer building prefabs when you start to notice how much common day to day stuff just doesn't exist.

We're adding tons of new models. I'll start posting stuff.

What I would like to see are new blocks for building such as a arch for an inner corner and additional clean looking textures so that a base also looks new and shiny.

- - - Updated - - -

For stealth gameplay.

And because it would be better than having to destroy gun safes..

Yo Joel, think we'll see any heavy mining equipment like maybe an excavator or a backhoe or even just a drill attachment for the 4x4? I feel like the destructible environment isn't getting alot of praise recently.

I was told stability code is optimized now, so if that is true, I would want to revisit rocket launchers and TNT mining.

MM, what about this: Sneak into the bank. Pick the lock on the vault door, sneak into the vault and pick the locks on all of the wall safes, then sneak out. (The trader could even give you a quest to do this, which fails if you wake up or kill any zombies.)

Or a stealth-focused POI full of irradiated zombies with an amazing treasure room at the end. If you can sneak past them all and pick your way into the vault, it's yours. Wake them up, and you're toast.

Or use the C4 we just talked about.

Enforcer: Intimidation Bartering with a magnum drawn gives you a 5% better deal LOL

Cant wait keep up the great work, cant wait for optimizations

There is a LOT of really cool stuff I came up with, you guys will be loving it I predict!

It would be beneficial to anyone that doesn't perk into strength, and it could leave doors and safes undamaged which would make it better in some situations than just breaking things. Like picking a fire escape door to gain entry, then closing it behind you for safety.

It's certainly "fluff" compared to more important things that are missing from the game, but I think it could be neat.

Which is why you can craft C4 now :) As I said lockpicking has too many issues and doesn't fit our game. I might make some acid based chemistry bomb if we get c4 working right so you can silently melt blocks.

@mm is the RWG part of the A17 fixes or still in the open if it will come with A18 instead?

edit: and just wanted to say I really liked what I read of prioritizing optimization and bug fixes.

Depends on timing, if RWG takes too long it will just go right into A18, if it goes well it goes into A17.

also re:lock picking

Some traders have a safe that you can not open because you can not damage anything in a trader zone, but lockpicking could be a viable option instead.

And those are not intended to be looted.

Now that we have multiple vehicles I would like to see a vehicle mining mod or mining vehicle that would be late game for our mega builds. Also, I agree with previous that I will celebrate additional blocks and painting skins (think 30 was to label a supply box, 20 carpets, 40 wall paint colors, new skins instead of broken down skins only, etc)) in A18.

Thanks. Love playing.

I don't see them as having the maneuverability needed to traverse a mine. Power armor anyone?

Archived