Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Repair kits are simplified and all repair is unified now and the game is much better for it. I crafted 50 of them by day 9, what is your trouble?

That you can craft 50 by day 9 defeats the purpose of items breaking, no? Simplification isn't necessarily good.

There's no smoke without fire. There's a problem with that perk, as I explained.

I'm still thinking tying tool crafting(up until blue tier) to player progression like HP or Stamina is best in this case. Otherwise you got yourself a ♥♥♥♥eshow.

We are talking about 12 tools. 14 counting Auger and Chainsaw. Overpowered Perk much.

As everything it does is necesary for every player eventually, tying it to player level would feel organic.

Yas! I have another idea! why not put every weapon under advanced engineering? (joking)

You are assuming people craft everything or something. Everyone loots 99% of their gear now. You don't need the mining bonuses but can get 3 ranks pretty cheap. Even then none of its needed, a good looter/quester can buy all the materials he needs from a trader. Open your mind up a bit, not everyone thinks or plays like you do.

Its not 14 tools its 3. Shovels, Picks and axes. Nail guns have no quality and don't count.

I could stick chainsaws and augers under int somewhere, or make them so awesome you don't need any perks at all nor perks influence them, but I feel like you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Strength is not needed.

really loving fortitude build. think next play through I'm setting blood moon count at 4 and fist fighting the horde once i get the proper gear and perks to see if it's doable or I might do it for day 56 horde for this current play through.

also madmole wasn't kidding. once you get around level 20 and just focus on one tree like I did with fortitude you get kinda OP. not sure if it's the same for the other trees though.

About 4 ranks into stuff you are temporarily OP, then the GS catches up and well, you'll see :D

It implies hidden, but you do like to fix things that aren't broken...

It says buried treasure, not floating in the air. I didn't perk into miner 69r, buy a shovel to build scaffolding and grab my "buried treasure" floating near the ceiling of a POI.

That you can craft 50 by day 9 defeats the purpose of items breaking, no? Simplification isn't necessarily good.

A wild goose chase of materials for repair kits is bad for the game. Tools used to just use forged metal to repair, now its a bit more complex for those, and a unified method which is good for the game. I know you like clunky designs but we don't, so lets agree to disagree.

A wild goose chase of materials for repair kits is bad for the game. Tools used to just use forged metal to repair, now its a bit more complex for those, and a unified method which is good for the game. I know you like clunky designs but we don't, so lets agree to disagree.

One man's clunky is another man's ingenious and fun complexity, but yeh we won't see eye to eye on this one. :)

Game is prettier though, we can agree on that...

Yeah but A16 was so great.... rolls eyes.

Most anyone could face roll A16. A18 however, is tough! Playing dead-is-dead now, is scary. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Day 21 was done by midnight. I'm thinking bm's were nerfed?

You play with a group?

For solo play, 16 for a BM should make most vets happy.

So I was at 85 for food- I ate a can of miso... went up a bit... then I ate bacon and eggs that my friend made...

suddenly I had a red flashing plate icon on the side of the screen and it said I was starving... and I was at 28 food..

is this food poisoning? it didn't say it in the player menu-just said I was starving.. I ate 2 more bacon and eggs and it went away,,

maybe a bug,,, ?

Most anyone could face roll A16. A18 however, is tough! Playing dead-is-dead now, is scary. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You play with a group?

For solo play, 16 for a BM should make most vets happy.

Yeh but there were only two of us on at the time. maxAlive 80, got the rush, but it turned into a trickle real quick.

I'm sure gazz will comment, but I'll compare xmls after work slows a bit more.

What sucks is soon after I had some uh, misadventures with candy tin mines, three times in like 5 minutes, so the next bm will be even worse. Ah well, simple to mod.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was at 85 for food- I ate a can of miso... went up a bit... then I ate bacon and eggs that my friend made...

suddenly I had a red flashing plate icon on the side of the screen and it said I was starving... and I was at 28 food..

is this food poisoning? it didn't say it in the player menu-just said I was starving.. I ate 2 more bacon and eggs and it went away,,

maybe a bug,,, ?

You puked. I don't think there are animations or sounds yet for it.

Day 21 was done by midnight. I'm thinking bm's were nerfed?

just did my day 14 horde. game stage at 55 and it was done at 1am and this is with a BM count of 8. feels the same as alpha 17. I just logged out and logged back in to restart the whole thing.

on that note isn't it good for these blood moons to end faster? I always see people complaining about how it's a waste of resources? I personally love them for the easy exp and possible game over if my base is wrecked.

Okay, I install game on my second/office computer and it too fail to use sharder for streaming. And yet again fps falls. But my brother got it working fine on his machine. Will check his driver status as it seems my work machine share same driver as home one.

Work machine is

i7 8th Gen, 1050 GTX, 16GB RAM. (ROG Motherboard).

Landmines grant no exp? How does the junk turret give exp but a land mine doesn't? So much for going a Demo Build, which is more of a group and ambush type build. Laying traps, luring into a tight space and such. Man this dampens the spirits a bit.

I could have swore Madmole said he was gonna add exp for mines in the past. :dispirited:

Archived