The big crying thread for 17.2 Economy

Royal Deluxe

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5fffeb737955612e98f7b3

- - - Updated - - -

Really, for me Barter has far less Value.

25% more Money if you sell is something i am not even sure that it is worth its 5 Skillpoints

In A17.1 the perk was so powerfull that i tried to sell nothing before i had at least level 4 in it.

Now i really dont care.

Another perk nerfed into oblivion.

Which perk is next i wonder.

edit: To be fair, it was just fixed to do what the description always said.

But the result is a nerf.

Just finished my short term testplay for A17.2 B20.

I had a really really nice startposition.

In this context the new economy is in my opinion on the point.

I wreched so many cars that i was able to generate arround 100 000 Coins in 10 Hours

Well this was a PERFECT Startspot

AD5C915823603824FD20F6EBD4FE475BEFF80756

2 Trader near, one not far away. Dozends of Pois with nice easy reachable Stashes and Hundrets of cars arround.

So i stay at my meaning that we need a moneymaker for more countryish starts.

I guess that the next thing i test as mod. I change the arround 5 Coins in some Trashbags to 70 and the 40 in Registers to 200

For "countryish" starts couldn't you just use the wsad keys to go somewhere else? tip: hold shift to get there faster

Lol...Same strategy works for when you start in the snow biome and don’t want to freeze once noob protection wears off.

Royal had a tough time with that too if I remember correctly. :)

For "countryish" starts couldn't you just use the wsad keys to go somewhere else? tip: hold shift to get there faster

I had over the time many starts where a "just move to the next city" dont work.

Did you ever had a map with all trader 3km away from the next town ?

Why the pushback ?

A player that have access to enough cars or stashes will not spend his day by running arround and collection Trashbags, or focus on registers.

Lol...Same strategy works for when you start in the snow biome and don’t want to freeze once noob protection wears off.

Royal had a tough time with that too if I remember correctly. :)

Roland my aim is only to make the game more fair and balanced.

I would like to have answers if a noob ask how he can solve things.

The point is that the economy changes are great for the long term gaming. But they strengthen the problems you have if you have a bad startposition or seed.

I had over the time many starts where a "just move to the next city" dont work.

Did you ever had a map with all trader 3km away from the next town ?

Why the pushback ?

A player that have access to enough cars or stashes will not spend his day by running around and collection Trashbags, or focus on registers.

Ya, actually my current playthrough I have 2 traders 2km away from 2 big cities. I just set up a spot with chests in the city and near the traders. Then I run back an forth until i get a vehicle. Thats why I pushed back some. Because It never occurred to me that "I should be able to get more dukes from trash bags in this situation" Idk

This isn't a new discussion. Some people want an easy button for single player. Be that being able to make a zombie-proof base in the first couple of days or being able to max out and get top quality gear without ever having to take any real risks or wanting to just be able to buy anything/everything you'll ever really need from a trader.

That's okay. Use a mod for that or use settings to turn the challenges you don't want off.

The question really is 'what is the default experience'. It's a survival horror game and it's intended to be cruel, brutal and challenging while still being fun. If cruel, brutal and challenging isn't fun for you mod that out. Godmod, creative, turn zombies off, load yourself up dukes, whatever. Use mods that change the difficulty to be what you enjoy. That's literally why mods exist.

That TFP is making the default experience one based around all the stuff that's in the trailers and description, that you need to learn to survive and eat and take risks to get by isn't them being bullies it's them delivering on the original game they advertised. That's a good thing.

is there any reason to use the trader beside solar panels? So far i only sold guns/ammunition to it. The only thing i ever bought was in my current game a battery bank and a generator because they costed 1000 coins. Waaaay to cheap in my opinion, a football helmet was for 3800 inside....

In my average games until now

Week 1 buy:

Food

Iron tools

Q6 Shotgun

Ammo

Clothes

Armor

IMods

Iron and steel ingots

Ressources

Week 2 buy:

Food

If available High quality Auger and chain

If available High quality AK and Military Armor

Ammo

IMods

Steel ingots

Ressources

After week 2

Food

Ammo

Ressources

What btw didnt really changed. The only difference was that i spend 90% of my time wrenching cars

is there any reason to use the trader beside solar panels? So far i only sold guns/ammunition to it. The only thing i ever bought was in my current game a battery bank and a generator because they costed 1000 coins. Waaaay to cheap in my opinion, a football helmet was for 3800 inside....

Tools before you can make them, clothes so you can enter all biomes without penalty, eyewear without hunting it down (buffs), complete mods before you can craft them, augers, steel before you can make it, higher quality guns than you are likely to find before you can make it, armor before you can make it.

and ofc ammo

Better question is "Is there any thing you cant get at the trader before it is likely available to you?"

They nerfed the selling values to approximately one third of what you used to sell things. A steel pickaxe used to sell for 7000 with trader perks maxed. Now it sells for 2100 coins.

The buying prices have also increased as well.

It makes no sense that a trader would scam you into buying stuff multiple times their value,especially if he wants to keep you as a living customer.

Also Joel literally made a thread the other day explaining how he wants role playing characters. Well I was personally playing as a furniture crafter ,I was basically crafting then selling tones of picnic tables and occasionally beds . The picnic tables used to sell for around 581 coins each,now with the nerf on the sell and buying values they sell around 100 coins. The beds had a starting price of around 1.5 thousand coins and now they got hit with the hammer nerf as well.

I can understand if they want to nerf the experience gained from selling but dramatically reducing the sell and dramatically increasing the buy ratio is NOT what the community wanted,at least not the reddit and the steam communities.

Finally the solution is really simple: Undo the nerfs and buff the barter skills. And I personally cannot understand the 3 stack limit on every item. It does not make sense to not be able to stack food or gas on a zombie apocalypse game . Plus some people like me would like to try a farming business . As it stands gaining money from farming is not a good business at all.

Finally the devs should undo the dramatic reduction of iron materials. 50 rocks used to sell for around 14 coins and 50 iron if I recall correctly used to sell for 10. It would be logical to have iron cost more than rocks,afterall iron *is* more important than rocks on every situation,from early to late game.

The point is that the economy changes are great for the long term gaming. But they strengthen the problems you have if you have a bad startposition or seed.

Isn't that the point? Otherwise every single playthrough would be even more the same as the last one (runs are already almost carbon copies of each other due to the abysmal "give you everything" perk system). At least give us SOME variety and replayability.

Week 1 buy:

Food

Iron tools

Q6 Shotgun

Ammo

Clothes

Armor

IMods

Iron and steel ingots

Ressources

Week 2 buy:

Food

Ammo

IMods

Steel ingots

Ressources

After week 2

Food

Ammo

Ressources

What a waste of money!! Just kidding, do it your way of course. The ONLY thing I buy from Traders is:

Week 1: Iron or Steel Tools, top tier mods if he has any

Week 2: Tool and Die set - a must imo (and mods again if has any good ones)

Thereafter: Ammo, mods and a Beaker if one shows up

Everything else on your list I have in abundance just by playing the game.

No matter of purchase price and selling price, traders will always be the embodiment of the creative menu in the form of an NPC :)

Pretty accurate.

Good luck finding that solar panel and solar panel bank without the creative menu npc.

Well, a lot of people are complaining about the lack of chase items/reasons to explore and rightly so.

Week 1 buy:

Food

Iron tools

Q6 Shotgun

Ammo

Clothes

Armor

IMods

Iron and steel ingots

Ressources

Week 2 buy:

Food

Ammo

IMods

Steel ingots

Ressources

After week 2

Food

Ammo

Ressources

What btw didnt really changed. The only difference was that i spend 90% of my time wrenching cars

Trader had a Q6 shotgun in week 1...? Jeez. Your loot settings are 100 if I remember correctly? How many barter perks did you get until the end of the week? It's a good thing I ignored traders because any sense of item progression would go down the drain. And why would someone keep having reasons to explore after visiting a few traders? As time passes I am sure people will find the most efficient items to farm and sell. There will be no real balancing tbh, until they limit the number of coins the trader can give you in a period of time and sort out item availability (e.g. secret stash with 3+ mods available, claw hammer etc at day with 0 perks). Prior A17, Gazz had said something about firearms/mods being chase items, yet they are anything but that.

Archived