The big crying thread for 17.2 Economy

Royal Deluxe

Y'all could just do what I did. Add these lines to the blocks.xml file in the tv and paintingBen blocks, and you can pick them up and sell them (extends to all tvs and the portraits).

<property name="CanPickup" value="true"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="80"/>

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1"/>

I didn't like the insane nerfing myself. Limit of 3 of any item sellable, no loot from zombies, most stuff you don't get in great enough abundance to just sell everything, clothing and tools are at a premium due to changes in A17. Traders need to be an option early game. Not necessarily to the point where you can just buy anything and everything, but you shouldn't have to forgo them either.

In response to the OP...

I don't take too much issue with the economy myself, the perk makes a huge difference. I know it says 20 % or whatever, but sell prices are actually 2x, 3x, 4x, and so on as this is referencing the base value of the item, not the sell value (which is initially set very low).

Mostly one just needs to invest in the perk to make it viable. It's definitely nerfed, but it's not like the trader is completely infeasible.

• 2 weeks later...
No we're not Bethesda... yet. Coding in followers in a fully destroyable world is a nightmare, and would subtract from the total entities alive in the world and the people (in general) want more zombies and more players not crappy NPCs that get stuck on stuff. I'd love to have followers but until we get believable bandits its not on the table at all.

@MadMole, sorry, but what about wolf taming? :upset:

wolf-taming.png

tbh i dont like the idea that to abuse trading, i love they changed it so u cant cheat progress, only thing that frustrates me by progtression is the wrench and clawhammer for a wokbench, am lucky finding 1 in side a house by random chance but this run within 2 weeks i have 2 points in lucky looter so i found 2 wrenches lvl tier 2 and tier 6 purple xD EZ BOIS EZ TO FUCING EZ for me :Dam lvl 20 on day 13 lets goo

The trader is just a compromise for players, so they don't scavenge the entire map just to find an auger or whatever. It's honestly pretty underwhelming. I'd much prefer things like augers be craftable, if you can find enough parts (not just the two arbitrary parts with astronomically low drop rates that you must find to make one). The trader feels like a placeholder for RNG woes.

Archived