(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

TFP jacked up the vehicles...in base Vanilla they start off like a slug until "warmed up" then 2 min.later they start up fine. And the super charger for the 4x4 males it drive like the motorbike(which is great). The snail pace is odd. Even from cold it's feels wrong. 

1 hour ago, TantraMan said:

TFP jacked up the vehicles...in base Vanilla they start off like a slug until "warmed up" then 2 min.later they start up fine. And the super charger for the 4x4 males it drive like the motorbike(which is great). The snail pace is odd. Even from cold it's feels wrong. 

It certainly weird now as it took nearly three in-game hours to travel 4 km which is peddle bike speed at best.

Do the humvee and semi only have a single acceleration sound? Neither changes gears on my end. We have the start sound (love the air start on the old semi), an idle sound, and then one long, drawn out acceleration sound until top end is reached. They drive wonderfully, have deceleration sounds also, and do so much better off-road than the stock jeep, but I found this odd.

Now we need TFP to add turret code so those humvees can have a .50 up top! Boy that'd be OP as heck on a horde night!

7 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Do the humvee and semi only have a single acceleration sound? Neither changes gears on my end. We have the start sound (love the air start on the old semi), an idle sound, and then one long, drawn out acceleration sound until top end is reached. They drive wonderfully, have deceleration sounds also, and do so much better off-road than the stock jeep, but I found this odd.

Now we need TFP to add turret code so those humvees can have a .50 up top! Boy that'd be OP as heck on a horde night!

They do. It's intended. I had made some custom sounds but I was running into issues on dedis where the sounds kept cutting out. I need to try and figure it out but I've just never had the motivation. And Wasteland started taking most of my modding time. 

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

They do. It's intended. I had made some custom sounds but I was running into issues on dedis where the sounds kept cutting out. I need to try and figure it out but I've just never had the motivation. And Wasteland started taking most of my modding time. 

That's not you or your vehicles, it's stock ones also. I can force-reproduce that on any vehicle, stock OR modded in. The jeep is the easiest stock vehicle to do this on. Just tap the accelerator a few times before it "changes gears" and it goes silent until the max rpm sound starts.

22 hours ago, smkw1212 said:

모드 어떻게 깔아요?

Install whichever mod you mean into ...\7 Days To Die\Mods. Just make sure to not have too many folder layers. Any mod you install there should immediately have a modinfo.xml inside the root folder of the mod.

6 hours ago, Dagger Digwillow said:

With Bdubs vehicles we have not found any of the vehicles spawning within the world. Are they supposed to spawn around the world?

Nope, it's never been that way with my mod. You may be thinking of Vehicle Madness. I do plan on making a patch to allow my mod to use VM's systems once Ragsy gets VM out for A21 and I get Wasteland released. Will be a while though.

11 hours ago, Nerhesi said:

Hi - I assume that Alpha 21 Wasteland mod is still undergoing update and such and that we'll hear about it here? :)

Thanks

It is underway. Still got a fair bit to do though, so it likely will be a while yet. The mod currently loads up more or less without issue, and I'm almost done updating perks and stuff to work with A21's new crafting system. Still lots to do with entitygroups and loot and traders and POIs and...you get the idea. 😛

Hy, the Wasteland is such a wonderfull mod. I don't wand to play without. But please give us the possibility to play like vanilla with all classes and not only with restrictet attribute points. Or make a option that the player can choose them self.

Best regards

We did a pretty extensive amount of custom vehicle mod testing last night in VR and I just wanted to let everyone know that approximately 80% worked fantastic. The only issues we ran into on the ones that didn't work well were based on the camera placement, because of where the player model was placed or oriented. Some of the vehicles allowed our entire 5 player group to ride together in VR which was a blast!

We selected 11 to test in VR

Vehicles that were excellent in VR:
MD-500 Helicopter  <--- My personal favorite in VR
UH-60 Helicopter   <--- Our 5 player group had a blast with this one!
Golf Cart   <--- Just looks perfect in VR
Buggy   <--- Looks Awesome

UAZ-452   <--- We loved the interior in VR, all 5 of us fit inside!
Jeeps  <---  Look and feel great to drive in VR
Dirt bike   <--- Lots of fun and maneuverable in VR
Humvee   <--- The one with the open top/back, worked well

A few that didn't work so well:
Sherp - The player model is oriented where you're looking at the ground
Duster - Maybe it's designed this way but left and right are opposite before you take off
Marauder - Unfortunately you are placed right behind the engine which blocks your view in VR

EDIT: A mod that would be huge in 7D2D VR would be one that allows passengers to use their weapons. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Shooting out of the MD-500, or off of the back of the Buggy would be a game changer!

Edited by Grimlock_Arts (see edit history)

On 7/7/2023 at 1:31 AM, bdubyah said:

Nope, it's never been that way with my mod. You may be thinking of Vehicle Madness. I do plan on making a patch to allow my mod to use VM's systems once Ragsy gets VM out for A21 and I get Wasteland released. Will be a while though.

It is underway. Still got a fair bit to do though, so it likely will be a while yet. The mod currently loads up more or less without issue, and I'm almost done updating perks and stuff to work with A21's new crafting system. Still lots to do with entitygroups and loot and traders and POIs and...you get the idea. 😛

You rock. I have played almost every major overhaul Mod, and yours by far is the best for me and my crew (6 of us total). We keep going back to it.

We just tried the dirtbike and it´s basically useless now. Hitting a tree with full speed and it´s totaled. It´s basically impossible to hit nothing when driving it and in it´s current state you need like a full stack of repairkits per day and the wasteland is basically not possible at all to drive. 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

We just tried the dirtbike and it´s basically useless now. Hitting a tree with full speed and it´s totaled. It´s basically impossible to hit nothing when driving it and in it´s current state you need like a full stack of repairkits per day and the wasteland is basically not possible at all to drive. 

I get where you are coming from.  I am easily distracted while driving and do the same thing with the pedal bicycle.  Mostly with boulders, not trees though.  😵‍💫  And no headlight makes nighttime driving a real pain in the butt.  Still, dirtbike is a fun scout vehicle.

23 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

I mean... if you're on a real dirtbike and hit a tree...

Just saying. 😃

Yes, ofc. But zombies, magically disappearing jars, beeing able to carry enough materials for a skyscraper in your backpack along with said dirtbike and a ton of ammo and weapons. 

It´s just simply annoying to drive it and the speed it has makes it quite impossible to not hit anyhting. In the current state it´s not useable unless you think it´s fun to repairt over and over again. And yes i could drive slower, but then i could just drive the normal motorcycle and that´s not the point of having the dirtbike in the game.

13 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yes, ofc. But zombies, magically disappearing jars, beeing able to carry enough materials for a skyscraper in your backpack along with said dirtbike and a ton of ammo and weapons. 

It´s just simply annoying to drive it and the speed it has makes it quite impossible to not hit anyhting. In the current state it´s not useable unless you think it´s fun to repairt over and over again. And yes i could drive slower, but then i could just drive the normal motorcycle and that´s not the point of having the dirtbike in the game.

Man, and every other complaint I've had lately is all my vehicles are useless because they are too slow. Which is it? 😂

The only real options are to slow it down, which you can edit yourself easily enough, or jack up the HP of it a bunch. Which you can also do easily enough. Of course then you'll still need a stack of repair kits to fix it up. Or, you know, don't run into things as much. I put in quite a bit of time testing things out and it isn't that hard. The wasteland is rough, but if you clear some paths or stick to roads as much as possible it isn't bad. And also, I balanced all my vehicle's HP against vanilla, so it's not like mine are any different. The dirt bike is just below the vanilla motorcycle's HP. Your issue seems to stem more from TFP's changes to vehicle damage, not my mod.

Yeah ofc it´s due to the HP changes made by TFP. But those are way slower vehicles. Those HP aren´t balanced for the speed the Dirtbike has. And i don´t think that you can avoid crashes on maps that aren´t really flat if on full speed with the dirtbike. Well not gonna bother having to fix the mod for everyone on the server.

12 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yeah ofc it´s due to the HP changes made by TFP. But those are way slower vehicles. Those HP aren´t balanced for the speed the Dirtbike has. And i don´t think that you can avoid crashes on maps that aren´t really flat if on full speed with the dirtbike. Well not gonna bother having to fix the mod for everyone on the server.

Health and speed changes could easily be done in xml on the server copy. Everyone else wouldn't have to do a thing. The health would likely only affect new ones, so you might have to grab some from the CM.

I actually kind of thought it would be neat if the dirtbike's defining characteristic was crazy offroad capability rather than sheer speed (though dirtbikes can be fast, obv) or it's marginal cargo capacity.

Too bad there isn't a way to key damage to types, so as to specifically reduce the damage done by the wasteland's cinderblocks/scrap beams. That or give it a hopping feature.