(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

28 minutes ago, MissJellybear89 said:

Is it normal for a vehicle from the mod group to completely explode? I was driving down the mountain and my vehicle (with everything in it) vaporized. It was at 84% health prior to smacking into the tree. 

It's really harsh, but I would consider it to be an 'issue' with the underlying vehicle code, rather than the mod itself. I experienced the exact same thing when driving down a mountain and put it down to the way the motorcycle interacted with the terrain. It was an explosive puff of smoke and the motorcycle was gone...
I was still 2 km from destination and got a new one from Creative Menu which is clearly needed at times like this.

And to be clear, it was a regular motorcycle on this occasion, simply because the parts were the first ones available.

• 2 weeks later...

So I logged onto my game and I was looking in my storage boxes and in a few of them I randomly had parts to your vehicles. Which I never made. 

Have you or anyone heard of a bug like this? I've never seen it, idk if it'll keep happening or once I remove them they're gone for good. Just wondering what could have caused it. 

8 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

So I logged onto my game and I was looking in my storage boxes and in a few of them I randomly had parts to your vehicles. Which I never made. 

Have you or anyone heard of a bug like this? I've never seen it, idk if it'll keep happening or once I remove them they're gone for good. Just wondering what could have caused it. 

Never heard of that. You didn't add/remove a mod before logging on did you?

10 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

Never heard of that. You didn't add/remove a mod before logging on did you?

I did, i have a lot of mods, only thing I had added were a few of Oakravens station stuff. So maybe it was that. Was strange to say the least. Hasn't happened anymore. 

23 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

I did, i have a lot of mods, only thing I had added were a few of Oakravens station stuff. So maybe it was that. Was strange to say the least. Hasn't happened anymore. 

Yeah, that's the issue then. When you do that it can shift the item IDs around, which will change one item into another. So those vehicle parts probably used to be something else before.

10 hours ago, Yeenus said:

Hey, is the b324 update in the works?

For which mod? My vehicles are good to go as far as I know. Wasteland is an ongoing process.

It's going. Working through the last of the POI updates, then I still have all my entities to update to the new NPCcore stuffs. That'll take a little bit to sort out.

For now I have kept their new learn by looting as I do like the ideas behind it, and the progression it brings. I will likely tone down the bonuses the perks give to finding certain magazines as from what I've seen you can max a series way too fast for my liking. Most main magazines will also go to 100 now, except for maybe a few like the seed one and a few others. A few perk reworks/shifts/swaps/etc. Nothing super crazy has changed.

yeh been giving the game a fair shake with the changes, see how the magazines work out. honestly i aint apposed to it since it helped tone down my progression, but its annoying to try and max out the other skills since i need to either: A: respec and go into them to find the magazines, or B: gain enough levels to even start in the other trees. its nice that progression is now more from exploring then leveling, but even still, frustrating in some aspects. firmly believe the forge shouldn't be magazine or skill gated. especily with how water is now, gota get a pot ASAP. 

however, right now im just lacking much of a end game, and wasteland realy helps with the blood moons later on. nothing like a zombie mixed super mutant horde to spice things up! 

Hey, I am new to 7dtd modding and was wondering, should mods that were made for older versions of game work with newer ones ?  I've tried HDHQ, Faster Run Speed and prerequisites for Wasteland and it works but when i try with Wasteland, it just lists unending list of error at the creation of the world. Is it because of the version mismatch or am i doing something wrong ? I am ofc playing without EAC. Not sure if i can add files here directly so, log here https://filebin.net/f4zfnkdajjsq7blg

53 minutes ago, Zankin said:

Hey, I am new to 7dtd modding and was wondering, should mods that were made for older versions of game work with newer ones ?  I've tried HDHQ, Faster Run Speed and prerequisites for Wasteland and it works but when i try with Wasteland, it just lists unending list of error at the creation of the world. Is it because of the version mismatch or am i doing something wrong ? I am ofc playing without EAC. Not sure if i can add files here directly so, log here https://filebin.net/f4zfnkdajjsq7blg

They will almost never work from one major release to another(a20->a21 for example).

Wasteland has NOT been updated to A21 yet...

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

They will almost never work from one major release to another(a20->a21 for example).

Wasteland has NOT been updated to A21 yet...

I see, thanks for the info. 

Well, ill just have to find a way for steam to not update the game when Wasteland is updated to A21 so i can play it even after new update is out but for now, ill patiently wait.

I have been trying to get this mod to work properly or even be quickly tested to see if it working properly, before introducing the concept to my friend group. I am running into issues of not even being sure how test it with creative to see how it is working. We run other mods, but I have been struggling without even having anything else in the mods folder, just the Mods 21 Main, and still no success for testing or flying around and seeing anything different in the generated vehicles on the map.

Question 1, How do I determine easily with crafting or creative menu to see if the mod is functional?

Question 2, Is this issue isolated or others having issues with A21 and this mod, as others work without a hitch?

7 hours ago, Lithormane said:

I have been trying to get this mod to work properly or even be quickly tested to see if it working properly, before introducing the concept to my friend group. I am running into issues of not even being sure how test it with creative to see how it is working. We run other mods, but I have been struggling without even having anything else in the mods folder, just the Mods 21 Main, and still no success for testing or flying around and seeing anything different in the generated vehicles on the map.

Question 1, How do I determine easily with crafting or creative menu to see if the mod is functional?

Question 2, Is this issue isolated or others having issues with A21 and this mod, as others work without a hitch?

I'm assuming you are referring to Bdub's Vehicles? Since you never actually named a mod...

It works fine to my knowledge. Make sure you installed the correct folder. The folder you copy over should be the "BdubsVehicles" that has the modinfo.xml in it. Other than that I need a log to help more.

This mod also doesn't affect anything in the world. It's just like vanilla vehicles. Craft, loot, buy. That's it.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:34 PM, Chrashd said:

I have installed the vehicle mod neatly. Only I can't find the trader on any map. Did I do something wrong? Vien thank you in advance 

I assume you generated a new RWG map? I really didn't test the POI in A21, so it's possible it doesn't spawn, but I haven't heard of anyone else having issues.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, Trail_Jitsu said:

I’ve downloaded the mod and put it into my mod folder for A21 but none of the vehicles appear in crafting or at traders or in the cm menu. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Refer to the above, make sure you installed the correct folder. Hit F1 when loading into a game to see if it is loading the mod.

1 hour ago, darvie187 said:

I installed the md500 heli and im getting an error message when i load the server and also it shows up n CM BUT theres no image ..

https://ibb.co/FsfLJTk

please see image

Can you please not post here and then PM at the same time? Just post here and I'll get to it. Make sure the mod is installed on your client end as well.

4 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Does it matter which Mod folder bdubs vehicles is placed in? (userdata/Mods vs installfolder/Mods).

I don't think it should matter. I haven't personally test the appdata one though. Install one works for sure.

Mod is Bdubs Vehicles

My friend is renting a server through a provider. I don't know the name of it. She states she did install the correct folder into the server configs and we both have the mod folder in our mods for 7d2d. However when we build one of the vehicles and set it down there is nothing there, it disappears and an error shows up.  She is the only one building them at this time and with her at work I'm trying to figure out how we can fix this so we can actually use the vehicles we love. 

Any suggestions?

Ok just got some more information from her. 

She is using the 7d2d.net server host. She can make the vehicles but they are invisible when she does. When she tries to place them on the ground or have them in her toolbelt she gets error messages and the vehicle she made disappears. 

We had the vehicles working on A20 but so far nothing on A21. 

Edited by Banshee.Queen
forgot to add that (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Banshee.Queen said:

Mod is Bdubs Vehicles

My friend is renting a server through a provider. I don't know the name of it. She states she did install the correct folder into the server configs and we both have the mod folder in our mods for 7d2d. However when we build one of the vehicles and set it down there is nothing there, it disappears and an error shows up.  She is the only one building them at this time and with her at work I'm trying to figure out how we can fix this so we can actually use the vehicles we love. 

Any suggestions?

Ok just got some more information from her. 

She is using the 7d2d.net server host. She can make the vehicles but they are invisible when she does. When she tries to place them on the ground or have them in her toolbelt she gets error messages and the vehicle she made disappears. 

We had the vehicles working on A20 but so far nothing on A21. 

Probably not installed correctly on the server or her client I'd bet. Can watch the server log when starting it up to see what mods are loaded, or pull the output log and check. But one side must be missing it.